The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 07-07-2011, 01:13 PM   #2311
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Is that good or bad or just random, classic?
I can think of some people's houses I would like to be burnt down.
But no-one I know right now. Maybe that's what equilibrium is.

I've just had a poo.
Diz also had one at approx the same time.
I have cleared it from his tray.

I didn't spray any air freshener for either of us as I don't like it, and with Mum away I'll have no moans.
But now I keep thinking I can smell one or the other.

1) Why do my poos smell like something that has exited from a cat?
2) if a poo falls in the house and no mother can hear it, does it still smell?
3) Is it possible to get atom-sized poo particles in your nose hair so you think you smell it for ages?
4) Is this subliminal guilt about the odour of sanctity and nothing to do with poo at all?

ETA got the answer as soon as I posted this. Dad was having a pasty for tea.
While they do not smell like poo, when filtered through floorboards and carpet they do have a peculiar meaty smell not obvious at close range. In fact I used to think I smelled catfood when one of my colleagues at them at his desk, despite having no objection to the product if put in front of me. Not a good advert though.

So neither poo was to blame.
But Dad's might be tomorrow.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:09 PM   #2312
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

When Ah were a boy, we only had two Yorkeshiremen. And we had to hire them by the hour.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:40 AM   #2313
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Just an update, and FYI, the 411, for those who have been following along at home:

I went back to the doc on Saturday. I did indeed have a lingering infection in my lungs. The z-pack, while convenient and usually effective, wasn't strong enough to knock the infection out of my lungs.

So I'm on another antibiotic and something for the asthma-like wheezing that happens when I cough and that almost sent me to the hospital early into the illness.

And I'm feeling much better already.

I love my doc. I don't mind seeing the PA or NP in a pinch, but no one knows me like my Doc!
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:26 AM   #2314
monster
I hear them call the tide

Lung time no see......
Old 07-16-2011, 10:03 PM   #2315
monster

someone needs to spoof this on a harry potter theme:

Old 07-17-2011, 07:38 PM   #2316
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I'm considering trying a "hot yoga" class. (For those who are unaware, this is like regular yoga, but a little more geared toward the "exercise" rather than "relaxation" angle... and it's done in a room that is 90 degrees and 60% humidity.)

Anyone ever done one of these?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:13 PM   #2317
Griff
still says videotape

My SiL was into it when they were on the left coast. She loved it.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:42 PM   #2318
monster

I have new friends this summer who I love apart from their freakish hot yoga obsession. i don't hate that bit about them, i just don't love it either. they talk about it a lot. they are self confessed addicts and go every day (usually not together because one of them has to be the kid taxi), and they plan to travel to hear the cheif-hot-yogi speak this summer. they admit he's nuts. they admit they're nuts. Would you like me to ask them any questions about it?
Old 07-17-2011, 10:05 PM   #2319
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
Just an update, and FYI, the 411, for those who have been following along at home:

I went back to the doc on Saturday. I did indeed have a lingering infection in my lungs. The z-pack, while convenient and usually effective, wasn't strong enough to knock the infection out of my lungs.

So I'm on another antibiotic and something for the asthma-like wheezing that happens when I cough and that almost sent me to the hospital early into the illness.

And I'm feeling much better already.

I love my doc. I don't mind seeing the PA or NP in a pinch, but no one knows me like my Doc!
Sorry if you posted somewhere else and I'm too lazy to find it. How are you doing infi? Any better?

I'm getting worried, I have an out of state friend who's been going through chemo for lymphoma. It wasn't going well and they were gonna bump him up to radiation. I haven't heard from him in weeks. He hasn't been online or responded to my text. I'm afraid to do more in case I get a message back telling me he died.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:31 AM   #2320
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanpretty View Post
Sorry if you posted somewhere else and I'm too lazy to find it. How are you doing infi? Any better?

I'm getting worried, I have an out of state friend who's been going through chemo for lymphoma. It wasn't going well and they were gonna bump him up to radiation. I haven't heard from him in weeks. He hasn't been online or responded to my text. I'm afraid to do more in case I get a message back telling me he died.
Thanks for asking, mtp.

I had a backslide over the weekend. I didn't go anywhere except for store runs. I still have hope that this round of antibiotics will knock it out. If not, I guess they'll need to look further. The way my brain works, one moment I'm sure I have a terminal illness and the next I'm sure my job is killing me. Either way, I'm helpless. Sigh...is this the kind of stuff we're allowed to talk about in the Cellar?

As to your friend, is there someone who would know about your friend that you could message? Not knowing is the worst, even if what you find out is awful, I think.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:43 AM   #2321
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
it's done in a room that is 90 degrees and 60% humidity.
Why would you want that? The extra intensity I understand, but why the uncomfortable room?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:16 PM   #2322
anonymous
Operations Operative

On Saturday night I was so drunk I fell down and pissed my pants.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:37 PM   #2323
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Why would you want that? The extra intensity I understand, but why the uncomfortable room?
I would love it, I think. I like to take hour long walks when its really hot and sunny outside. My body is warmed up and loose from the get go.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:01 PM   #2324
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt
Supposedly it's just better for you--the extra sweating allows your body to clear toxins more efficiently, including the lactic acid that your muscles naturally create when exercising. (Of course it's imperative that you replace that water during and afterwards.) Also, they make this claim that when the ambient temperature is close to 98.6 degrees, you don't have to waste energy maintaining your body temperature, and more can be directed on the mental/physical focus you're supposed to be achieving. That works if you're just stretching, but if you're really working out I would think your body has to work harder to keep you cool instead...? I dunno. I think maybe you just get an endorphin rush trying to keep yourself alive in the heat, and that's why people think they like it.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:13 PM   #2325
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
my yoga teacher says it's a gimmick.

Tags
dum, oh the whorror