The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 11-24-2017, 12:39 PM   #526
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Single wheel *to the right*, where it should be.

FTFY
Old 11-24-2017, 01:31 PM   #527
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Woof!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:06 PM   #528
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  Mali.JPG
Views: 307
Size:  104.9 KB

Mali, a Belgian Malinois, was injured three times by grenades, and hoisted up the outside of a building multiple times, but still managed to do his job.

Army dog wins ‘animal Victoria Cross’ for Taliban counterattack

Mali & his trainer, Cpl Daniel Hatley:

Name:  Mali & trainer.JPG
Views: 306
Size:  38.8 KB

The PDSA Dickin Medal:

Name:  medal.JPG
Views: 297
Size:  49.1 KB

Good boy.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:09 PM   #529
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

And then there's Sadie:

Old 12-05-2017, 05:11 PM   #530
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  eat.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  196.7 KB

Old 12-06-2017, 01:14 PM   #531
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

*grins* I like that.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 07:30 PM   #532
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Bobbie Dogs in training...
Attached Images

Old 12-20-2017, 01:45 PM   #533
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

♪ ♫I woke up in a Soho doorway♪ ♫
♪ ♫A policedog knew my name♪ ♫
♪ ♫He said "Rowf rowf rowf rowf rowf rowf rowf♪ ♫
♪ ♫Rowf rowf rowf rowf rowf rowf rowf rowf!"
♪ ♫

Old 01-06-2018, 04:39 PM   #534
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Old 01-14-2018, 12:59 PM   #535
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Art Hound: Meet the Adorable Puppy That’s Helping the MFA Boston Protect and Preserve Its Collection

Name:  Riley.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  125.0 KB

Quote:
File this one under “news of the adorable”: The latest staff member at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, is Riley, a 12-week-old Weimaraner puppy. The institution hopes his impressive olfactory skills can be harnessed to detect insects and bugs, to prevent infestations that might threaten the preservation of museum objects.

Riley belongs to Nicki Luongo, the museum’s head of Protective Services and will work with the MFA on a volunteer basis, reports the Boston Globe. As part of a new pilot program, he’ll be trained to inspect museum objects, sitting down in front of them if he smells moths or other bugs, which can cause damage, especially to textile, wood, or other organic materials.

“Pests are an ongoing concern for museums,” Katie Getchell, chief brand officer and deputy director of the Museum of Fine Arts, told the Globe. “If it is something that works, it’s something that other museums, or other libraries, or other places that collect materials that are susceptible to any kind of infestation like that could use as another line of defense.”

As far as the MFA knows, it is the only institution to add the art-world equivalent of a bomb-sniffing dog to its protocols for keeping bugs in check. (Another new program, K-9 Artifact Finders, from the Penn Museum, Penn Vet Working Dog Center, and Red Arch Cultural Heritage Law and Policy Research, is currently training four dogs to help US customs officers sniff out ancient artifacts, in order to detect stolen and smuggled objects, reports the Daily Pennsylvanian.)

“We use an integrated pest management approach, which means that we do not use pesticides but rather address the symptoms that cause the presence of pests—including pests’ opportunity to enter and leave the building; their food source; and the climate conditions that support their ability to survive,” a representative of the museum told artnet News of existing protective efforts in an email.

“New objects entering the building carrying pests are the most common means of their introduction, and we make every attempt to quarantine, monitor and, if necessary, treat objects as they enter,” she added. “If Riley can be trained to detect the presence of pests either hidden from view or prior to their becoming established, he would be a wonderful addition to the tools available to us.”

As a Weimaraner, Riley is a good choice for the MFA. The American Kennel Club cites the breed’s “ability to work with great speed and endurance in the field,” while Weimaraner Rescue of the South notes that they are “very hardy, with a good sense of smell, and a passionate worker.”

Sadly, for museum-going art lovers, floppy-eared Riley, as cute as he is, will be working almost entirely behind the scenes, leaving little opportunity for interaction with visitors.
The article and more photos at this LINK.

I've no experience of the breed but my cousin who was a police dog handler was not impressed by it.
He was allocated a Weimaraner and at some point in the training process it attacked him.
As he said to me a few months back 'I've got the scars to prove it'.
Old 01-17-2018, 05:11 PM   #536
DanaC

Awwwwwww. I came in here to post a dog vid, but now I'm just gazing at the Art Hound.

I love Weims. Stunning dogs. There's one lives nearby called Polo and he is a total gent. They're really big and solid dogs. But very. very graceful. They're deceptively graceful and sculpted - much bigger up close than you think they're going to be.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:22 PM   #537
Griff
still says videotape

Attached Images

Old 01-17-2018, 10:27 PM   #538
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

The horror...
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2018, 05:00 AM   #539
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Awwwwwww. I came in here to post a dog vid, but now I'm just gazing at the Art Hound.

I love Weims. Stunning dogs. There's one lives nearby called Polo and he is a total gent. They're really big and solid dogs. But very. very graceful. They're deceptively graceful and sculpted - much bigger up close than you think they're going to be.
I think that my cousin was just unfortunate with his experience of the breed.
I Emailed the Art Hound link to a friend who does a bit of dog sitting from time to time as I know that she had a Weimaraner on her books at one point.
She has very similar views to yours but said that her particular charge 'had legs that got in his way'.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:53 PM   #540
DanaC

Oh! Dog with the biscuit on his nose. I never managed to persuade Carrot to do that trick. But Pilau was the champ at biscuit balancing - followed by the flip it into the air and catch it in his mouth trick.

Ahhh - that gave me a sweet little trip down memory lane to see my first boy. He was a great dog.