The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-24-2007, 11:54 PM   #781
Razzmatazz13
Vicariously, I live...

Yeah Ibs....you need to get better man...

so you can post more cute photos of that haircut!
Old 10-25-2007, 12:14 AM   #782
Ibby
erika

WHOOOOOSH

what was that sound you ask?
the sound of things going RIGHT over datalyss's head, my dear!
Old 10-25-2007, 04:32 AM   #783
Drax
Banned

Explain.
Drax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 05:01 AM   #784
Ibby
erika

UG said:
You're a nicer kid than you know.
I said:
I'm not
You said:
Oh yes you are!

But my point was that I know JUST how nice a kid I am because nobody thinks higher of me than me.
JEEEEZ everything gets SO unfunny when you gotta go ES'PLAIN it all!

oh, yeah, and im starting to feel better this evening too.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:37 AM   #785
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
*grins* oh yeah. Today was the big day. For the next few months we have all out war
Well it's out of your hands now - I still believe it was the right thing to do. Good for you, bring it on!
Old 10-25-2007, 06:10 AM   #786
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

*chuckles* Thatnks I do think its the right thing to do...I also think it's very dangerous politically and might damage a)me, b) the local party, c) our chances at the next council elections.

But...I'm the Women's Officer for this CLP and I'm damned if I'm going to just ignore him in the hope he'll move onto some other comrade; likely female and likely new to the party and politically inexperienced, or a long time member who's in a vulnerable state of mind (i.e one woman who, whilst sitting in her car in the hospital carpark, with her husband dangerously ill in intensive care, was treated to a 15 minute haranguing phone conversation with him accusing her of all sorts of stuff and threatening her with dire consequences after she'd opposed him on something).

I honestly don't see how I can do that. The fact he's also my political enemy and a leading voice in the other faction, frankly that's just gravy and makes the decision a little easier (in some ways). If this man was in my faction I'd take him to one side and explain in no uncertain terms that he has to stop or I'll take action. And I would be true to my word on that.

Tonight is the Local Government Committee (LGC, lot of confusingly similar acronyms in political parties:P) the body that liaises between the two local labour parties and the unified authority they both send councillors to. The man I've lodged the complaint against has this particular body sewn-up. It's going be a fairly unpleasant meeting. Friday is the General Committee, on which we have the edge on numbers and a sympathetic (read best friend and supporter) Chair. They will dig up every last half dead delegate for that and do everything to disrupt. That also is likely to be an unpleasant meeting.

Then there's an executive once a month, a General committee every month and an LGC every month.....basically, if we have reached a ceasefire by New Year I'll be very surprised.

Then there's the Council Group. I have one friend I trust absolutely and two I like but who blow with the wind. Its a group of eleven, one of whom I have just lodged a complaint about, another who is his best friend and Group Leader.....and the Leader's wife, the Group Chair...their decades long friend the Group Whip, and their other decades long friend the Group Secretary....We meet as a group once a month.

I suspect by Christmas I'll have unwittingly achieved the infamous Size Zero. *chuckles*
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:59 AM   #787
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

This is hard Dana...you must get stressed and not eat like me. If you don't eat, you don't think correctly. You know that and I know that. To win your war you must take care of number 1 properly. There's a time to fight your battle but there is another Dana, that needs her to be there for her, and her immediate needs. Those take priority.

#1 Food.
#2 Rest- think outside of the box whilst drifting off. Fantasize.
#3 Soak your feet in hot water, then lotion and massage, and relax.
#4 Imagination (butterflys in the valley maybe) + #2
#5 Sex
#6 Don't let the negative ass get into your head...if he does anyway, well.....turn his voice into that of Mickey Mouse.

Hey- get happy. That will piss off your enemy. Go to a picure show. I bet you have some free time to show yourself a good time.

You make me proud Dana....gutsy. I like it.

Don't forget to celebrate the tiny battles in the war!!
Old 10-25-2007, 02:13 PM   #788
Drax
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram View Post
But my point was that I know JUST how nice a kid I am because nobody thinks higher of me than me.
Maybe so, but none of us know how highly you think of yourself, which why we're trying to help.

Quote:
oh, yeah, and im starting to feel better this evening too.
I suppose if you wait long enuf, things just heal themselves.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:36 PM   #789
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datalyss View Post
I wish my mom would get off my damn back about my damn TV volume. I always try to keep the level down off enough as not to bother them, but...well...and most TVs now-a-days don't have a front panel earphone jack.
Can't you listen to the TV with headphones at sensitive times?
Old 10-25-2007, 06:57 PM   #790
Drax
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by limey View Post
Can't you listen to the TV with headphones at sensitive times?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datalyss
...most TVs now-a-days don't have a front panel earphone jack.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:59 PM   #791
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Get a longer cord?
Old 10-25-2007, 07:31 PM   #792
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

@ Cic. Sound advice mate. Lot of friends telling me the same.

I am much more relaxed tonight. Tomorrow will be hard, but I have managed to spend several hours today just quietly pottering about doing wardwork, and went and had a pub lunch with a mate. I think the stress levels have started to die down as I have committed to the course of action. What I always find difficult is waiting and indecision. Having to wait until I knew exactly who could be there and who could guarantee to be there for the next 3 meetings etc, before finalising my decision, that was stressing me most of all I think. Now I am sure of my course. It might succeed, it might flounder, but it's the course I am on and I'll live with it. Was still a tad stressed last night regarding a comrade who seemed annoyed at me in the meeting and I wasn't sure why. He voted with us, but I could tell smething was up and he's someone whose opinion matters a lot to me (a ward colleague, the councillor I trust). I had one of those flashes of realisation at 2 am and knew exactly why he'd been annoyed: I had been working on the assumption that since my friend *** had been ringing aound as well as me and had talked to him, that she had filled him in on the details (details were kept sketchy from all but 3 people until the day before) and she'd been working on the assumption that I had...I realised at 2am, that my colleague had walked into that room without knowing what was about to happen. All he knew, was that I was going to do something and I needed his support.

God bless him he gave that support and voted with us, but that was a horrible position to put him in and that kept me awake for the rest of the night. He's a good man, straight down the line, no games. So...I knew I had to make things right with him and I think he had every right to be very angry. Hence was fully prepared to grovel. Tried calling him in the morning several times, no reply.

He evengtually got back to me at about 3pm and accepted my explanation and apology without rancour, bless him. He's concerned about the route I've taken, but fully supports me. Once I had that sorted out I felt fine. Went to tonight's meeting, which was a tough one, though not relating to the complaint, and it didn't bother me much. I have a handle on this I think. Tomorrow will be stressful, but it's a different and altogether less consuming type of stress.

Thanks for the advice and ra ras guys. Means a lot to me.

*smiles*
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:03 AM   #793
rkzenrage

Seems like CA is dealing with another serial arsonist like the early 90's
Old 10-26-2007, 01:10 AM   #794
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

A minor gripe but ...
The last two IotDs were great, but I haven't (yet) been able to come up with any witty posts about either. This is particularly getting me down because these are right in my field. I have started threads about horny moose and wacky Japanese stuff. Yet, with a laughably horny moose, and some seriously twisted Japanese stuff... I got nuttin.
I feel I am letting myself, and the cellar, down. I am very sorry. Between laughing.
ZenGum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:17 AM   #795
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

You should be ashamed! That's really poor form. No wonder you're upset.

Tags
swiss