Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 01:55 PM   #17
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
His second post was removed as spam, so you are correct here Bri
For ONCE in my life!! Yay!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:46 PM   #18
laebedahs
Abecedarian

Hmm... Undertoad, by chance does his IP match the other promoter of B17?
laebedahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 01:19 AM   #19
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

When my mother had cancer and all other alternatives were fruitless, the last thing we tried was Laetril or B17. She died anyway. Before she'd even finished the treatment. We paid the clinic nearly $10 000 upfront which they refused to refund.

People with, and families of people with cancer will try almost anything to stop the pain their loved ones are going through. It's a shame there are so many cranks out there who are willing to profit from that emotional desperation.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:05 AM   #20
annoyedsas
Eavesdropper

Question cure for cancer?

Sorry Bri, I am not sure quite where you are coming from. Suspicious? Just cause I've only posted one thread? I see you have posted over 4,000. Now THAT'S sad. I want to answer you, but to be quite honest I haven't got a bloody clue what you are talking about. Unless you too have brain cancer and have lost it completely? If you DO, I can help you survive! To the other threads, I am NOT profitting from talking about B17, I am not a crank, and I thought spam was a cold meat? And no, as undertoad might back me up on, I am not the same IP address as the other person promoting B17. I am an honest to god person who has cancer and was just making a point. B17 is just a small part of the regimen (as I pointed out in my first thread) the main part is NUTRITION. I am very sorry that some cellar members have lost loved ones to cancer. I know so many people who meet up with it. If this forum is purely to pull people apart and not for sharing information, then maybe I should find one that is actually sympathetic to people like me - a cancer sufferer. Sorry I ever mentioned it all now. I'll just crawl back into my world of trying to survive.
annoyedsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:12 AM   #21
annoyedsas
Eavesdropper

By the way Aliantha, I too am in Australia and although I am very sorry for your loss, I am intreagued to know which clinic would charge such an extortionate amount for B17 ( I presume that's what you were referring to?) I buy apricot kernals for $5.00 a kilo and crack them open to eat. If anyone is brave enough to tell me, what sort of things do you do for a job? Are there any doctors among you? Any researchers?
Old 06-02-2006, 01:08 PM   #22
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Look,annoyed---fucking apricot kernals DO NOT FUCKIN' WORK!! If they fucking DID you can bet the US would Fuckin' Make a MINT off them! Look. I'm going to meet you half way and suppose you're not like my ex-husbands granny--SHE was convinced cyanide (laetril) cured her cancer, that aliens landed on her corn field and Pope John Paul the Second was the AntiChrist.

PS-granny died of cancer.
More's the pity.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 06:50 PM   #23
annoyedsas
Eavesdropper

Unhappy cancer

Wow - don't Americans get worked up? I can always find something to calm you down - chamomile tea perhaps? The American - and indeed Australian governments do not push or make a mint from apricot kernals because there is no huge profit to be made like they get from the pharmaceutical companies. That's why so many 'alternative' therapies are overlooked. There is no gain to the governments so they don't push them.You know how governments like to keep people sick on their drugs so they can keep reaping the rewards. Hell, my chemotherapy pills - 5 of them - cost AU$5,000?!

Back to the Vitamin B17 debate. The Hunza people eat a lot of apricots and always crack open the kernel and eat the seed. The apricot seed contains Vitamin B17. Vitamin B17 is the anticancer vitamin. Some researchers have found that cancer and sickle cell anemia are caused by a deficiency of vitamin B17, just as scurvy is caused by a deficiency of vitamin C, pernicious anemia is due to a deficiency of vitamin B12 and folic acid, and pellagra is caused by a deficiency of vitamin B3. Vitamin B17 kills cancer cells without harming normal cells, making it nature's chemotherapy. If vitamin B17 was patentable cancer would not be the problem it is today. However, without sufficient zinc in the body, vitamin B17 cannot function. Also, results are better if the vitamin B17 is taken together with nutrients such as vitamin C, the other B vitamins, vitamin A, manganese, magnesium, and selenium. Doctors prescribing vitamin B17 will generally use it as part of a total nutritional program consisting of diet, vitamins, minerals, enzymes and essential fatty acids. Soy foods are not recommended because they have the effect of inhibiting the body's ability to absorb certain minerals including calcium, magnesium, copper, iron and zinc.

The full story of vitamin B17 is to be found in the book World Without Cancer by G. Edward Griffin, American Media, 1997. This popular book is in its 13th printing and is highly recommended. Griffin also made a video tape entitled World Without Cancer summarizing the contents of the book. Alternative names for vitamin B17 are nitrilosides, amygdalin and laetrile. Regardless of what you have read in newspapers about laetrile, withhold your judgment until you have read the book and watched the video. Vitamin B17 is a standard part of alternative cancer therapy world-wide

Now, if you have managed to read all that, I can most certainly tell you I am not like your ex-husband's granny (is it any wonder it's an EX husband you refer to) I don't see aliens, just write to them through the cellar and as I have no religion, I cannot comment on the last piece. I can't wait to hear from you again. I can get a lot more information about other cancer cures if you like, not just B17. Thinking about it, I probably need to get a naturopath to write to you? By the way - do you have cancer? If not, why the fuck are you following this thread anyway?
Old 06-02-2006, 10:03 PM   #24
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annoyedsas
That's why so many 'alternative' therapies are overlooked. There is no gain to the governments so they don't push them.
No, there is "gain". That's how the "alternative medicine" industry works. What's missing is "evidence that it works."
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 05:12 AM   #25
annoyedsas
Eavesdropper

Thumbs down cure for cancer

PLEASE will someone else with cancer write a thread here? I might get another bloody tumour if you all keep on like this. Is there NOBODY who actually believes in alternative and nutritional cures for cancer? I had a grade four aggressive tumour in my brain. I am still living thanks to nutrition and supplements. What is the deal here? Are all Americans anti health? Is that why there are so many people over there dieing of illnesses that could be avoided? I know I don't know what the American government is like with regards to charges. Is it really that bad? What can I give you as evidence that it works? A photo of me? A photo of the other people I have met who are my inspirations? I think I give up with all of you. I hope none of you get cancer.
Old 06-03-2006, 06:51 AM   #26
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

You're a single anecdotal case, do you know what that means?

You haven't made one statement about the actual physiology of the drugs and supplements you mention. If they worked, WHY did they work?
Old 06-03-2006, 09:52 AM   #27
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annoyedsas
What can I give you as evidence that it works? A photo of me?
A scientific study, with a placebo group and a control group.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 10:02 AM   #28
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Please see today's IotD - and consider, if that girl gets better, for whatever reason... there will be no convincing her the turtle didn't do it.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:08 PM   #29
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by laebedahs
Hmm... Undertoad, by chance does his IP match the other promoter of B17?
Nope, it didn't

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 01:41 AM   #30
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

annoyedas, the clinic was on the Gold Coast and we took Mum there 6 days a week for two weeks for her to be given the 'drugs' intravenously. She was also having apricot kernels in protien smoothies along with a multitude of other alternative treats including teas and vitamin supliments.

If you want to argue about alternative cancer treatments then go right ahead. I hope for your sake that they work for you. Nothing helped my mother.

My personal opinion is that 90% of the battle is fought by the mind anyway, and it seems to me that you've got your mind in the right place to beat this thing, so good luck to you.

Just one word of advice if you don't mind. Try to remember that just as your faith sustains you, so does the scepticism of others protect them. Just because someone doesn't agree with your point of view doesn't mean they're anti-health. It simply means they don't subscribe to your point of view. I don't think it matters what country you're from either.