The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

View Poll Results: How many lovers have you had?
none 6 10.71%
1-10 33 58.93%
11-20 3 5.36%
21-30 5 8.93%
31-40 4 7.14%
41-50 1 1.79%
51-60 1 1.79%
61-70 0 0%
71-80 0 0%
81-90 0 0%
91+ 3 5.36%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2006, 08:35 PM   #16
busterb
NSABFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieL
What, men don't count?

Apparently I forgot to whine about "under whose bed" vs. "who's been sleeping in my bed". Consider it whined about. That and "ladies" vs. "ladys"; surely if ending a preposition is something up with which we will not put, we can get our plurals, posessives and contractions correct.
Have you been told today? If not consider it done.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:05 PM   #17
laebedahs
Abecedarian

I'll consider "lovers" synonymous with "people you've had sex with".

So that makes.... 7. Lucky number 7!
laebedahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 10:30 PM   #18
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieL
Hmmm...lots of cognitive dissonance out there amongst the senor players. :-)
I don't think its so much cognitive dissonance, as embarassment about that bartender I slept with once back in S.F. in '89 when I was on a convention out in Cali that year. Then there's the guy I met in treatment, etc.,etc. Shit! Have I ever been a slut! I wanna say the real number was about 5 - the first guy I was engaged to at 19, the guy I actually married at 23, the guy I got engaged to briefly after my divorce and the ax murderer.

Alas, there were far more than that, and it is shame rather than dissonance which prevents me from digging back in memory to give a more exact accounting.

Last edited by marichiko; 06-09-2006 at 10:35 PM.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:27 PM   #19
jonesieQ
Paramour of Paradigm

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
Alas, there were far more than that, and it is shame rather than dissonance which prevents me from digging back in memory to give a more exact accounting.
Think about all the things humans do that are TRULY shameful. They lie, cheat, judge, destroy, harm, kill, etc. Don't kick yourself for needing & giving the comfort of human contact. You know how some folks, right after the death of a loved one, want/need to make love? So it must be instinctual to procreate in the face of death...makes sense, because the act of sex is life giving. So sex is about survival, on a primal level.

It's also about love for many, and the search for it. And there's nothing wrong with wanting that.

I'm with you and others about some of the bad choices I made...I may feel some regret but not shame. And most of the regret is that I couldn't see through my own BOS clearly enough to make better choices.

Cut yourself some slack here, and get that little nun out of your head!
jonesieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:01 AM   #20
lookout123
changed his status to single

i'll admit it - i'm one of the 91+ sluts. not an issue i'm proud of really, but whatever. the truth is I don't regret a single one of them. not because i want that notch in the bedpost but because each and every one of them holds some different value or special spot in my memory. they were all different, each taught me something, and only one of them thinks i'm walking slime. as far as i know, anyway.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:18 AM   #21
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Quote:
Ghod, I wasn't trying to peddle shame...and anybody who hasn't made a few mistakes in this department isn't really playing the game at all.

I confronted that "donwanna think about some of that" feeling even though there's not as many lines in my logbook. But looking back in bulk, chances are, either a particular hookup was a mistake and regrettable on that account, or it wasn't but it's over now and subject to regret that it's over.

But that's no reason to not at least embrace the good times...and any lessons learned from the not-so-good ones. :-)

MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:14 AM   #22
Maui Nick
... is not really in Maui. Weird, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterb
Is this the numbers of lovers you've had or the number of ladys with whom you had sex?
Es el mismo, Hombre Que No Puede Deletrear.

And for the record, the correct answer is, "That's nobody's business but my own."
Old 06-10-2006, 09:20 AM   #23
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

It would have been interesting to see the 1-10 broken down more. I know that there are only 10 vote slots, but since that's where the larger number will go, I would have broken the higher numbers into larger ranges.

That's just my . It's still an interesting poll. Lookout, you may be the 21st century's version of Alfred Kinsey.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 11:38 AM   #24
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
I don't think its so much cognitive dissonance, as embarassment about that bartender I slept with once back in S.F. in '89 when I was on a convention out in Cali that year. Then there's the guy I met in treatment, etc.,etc. Shit! Have I ever been a slut! I wanna say the real number was about 5 - the first guy I was engaged to at 19, the guy I actually married at 23, the guy I got engaged to briefly after my divorce and the ax murderer.

It's a miracle!! Your memory is back!!

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:24 PM   #25
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

I decline to give a number in this thread on the grounds that it may incriminate me.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:30 PM   #26
Ibby
erika

Who are the virgins?
Old 06-10-2006, 01:31 PM   #27
Skunks
I thought I changed this.

I think this survey should be followed up with a second one of maybe increments of 3 from 1 to 30; it would be the more interesting breakdown, and the data from this survey could just be added on.

Although ideally it would be a full survey, including age, producing the Grand Numerical Average Of Lovers Per Year Of Cellarites.
Skunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:32 PM   #28
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
It's a miracle!! Your memory is back!!
My long term memory was never in question. Its my short term memory, especially my spatial memory. As far as I recall, I've slept with only one man since the ax murderer whom I met at the height of the CO poisoning. :p

At any rate, I became sexually active at age 18, I'm now 54, which makes - God help me - 36 years. My top end estimate is 30 lovers which gives me an average of less than one a year, so I guess I'm not as much of a slut as I think.

Last edited by marichiko; 06-10-2006 at 03:02 PM.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:33 PM   #29
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

http://orderoftheserpentine.com

MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 08:54 PM   #30
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123
i'll admit it - i'm one of the 91+ sluts. not an issue i'm proud of really, but whatever. the truth is I don't regret a single one of them. not because i want that notch in the bedpost but because each and every one of them holds some different value or special spot in my memory. they were all different, each taught me something, and only one of them thinks i'm walking slime. as far as i know, anyway.
Oh yeah? Each one is special, huh? What are their names?