The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 04-24-2012, 08:20 AM   #1
Rhianne
Nearly done.

The Race Card

I didn't know that the National Front still existed. We have Council elections here next week and today I received this leaflet through my letterbox. It's almost funny - but I had a quick look at their website and that really did me laughing out loud.

Are the National Front still active in England or have they been sucked into the BNP?

What do you foreigners(!), especially Americans with your Presidential elections on the way, think of the leaflet - would those first for words "Vote for your race" even be allowed?
Attached Images

Rhianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
Rhianne
Nearly done.

Oh, and whoever delivered the leaflet left my gate open and some bastard's dog used the opportunity to come in and shit in my garden!
Old 04-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #3
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

One in the garden, one in the letterbox; probably the same guy.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:01 AM   #4
JBKlyde
Banned

there's only one race.. the human race...
JBKlyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #5
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Filthy bastards. I think V has it right.

Never had anything like that through my door. UKIP is bad enough.
They're sly though. I can see my Dad agreeing with many of the above.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #6
toranokaze
I'm still a jerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBKlyde View Post
there's only one race.. the human race...
And we are losing

It is the ignorance of ignorance that lead to the death of knowledge

The Virgin Mary does not weep for her son, for he is in paradise. She weeps for the world , for we are in suffering.
toranokaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:50 AM   #7
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Yeah - I can see the KKK putting something like that out.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:03 AM   #8
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

NF in England was swallowed up into the BNP; or rather the BNP grew out of the NF. NF remained alongside for a while but as far as I know pretty much slipped away over the last few years as a polotical party. I think there is still an active membership, but they don't put up election candidates any more (not in my area anyway). BNP then split in a bigass political feud about the future of the party about 2 years ago. Can't recall the name of the new branching, but that and the rise of less tainted outlets for nationalism (such as UKIP) have weakened the BNP a great deal.

They're all still there. They never truly go away.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:06 AM   #9
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Interesting how they focus on issues that are not necessarily unreasonable. Deporting foreign criminals on completion of their sentences ... there's a move for that here. Jobs and housing for local folks, no tolerance for Islamic extremism. Even the obviously unreasonable one, bringing back hanging for paedos, is such a hot-button issue that you think, "well ..." before the revulsion kicks in (if you're anti-death penalty, or anti-death penalty for crimes other than murder). In terms of advertising alone, it's pretty masterful.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:29 PM   #10
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Change "Scottish" for "American", I think you'd get some votes here.

Though I'm not extreme in anything, I'm too lazy, I'd be lying if I said I didn't agree with a lot of that.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #11
Rhianne
Nearly done.

While the leaflet says, "End mass immigration, start repatriation", the website is more specific by calling for "repatriation of all non whites". I'm not sure where that leaves any non whites who were born here.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #12
DanaC

That's the point of these leaflets though isn't it? Taken purely at face value a lot of perfectly nice, reasonable people will find that parts of it resonates with them. It's when you look a little deeper, or, if you've some knowledge of the organisation read between the lines, it gets a lot nastier.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:33 PM   #13
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Quote:
Deporting foreign criminals on completion of their sentences ... there's a move for that here.
About ten or 15 years back, our right-wing ("One Nation") party made some noise demanding much the same, that any visa-holders or permanent residents who are convicted of crimes should lose their residency rights at the end of their sentence.

It was pointed out that this has been law since 1953, or something.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:16 AM   #14
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
That's the point of these leaflets though isn't it? Taken purely at face value a lot of perfectly nice, reasonable people will find that parts of it resonates with them. It's when you look a little deeper, or, if you've some knowledge of the organisation read between the lines, it gets a lot nastier.
Right on and well said. It's very effective recruiting tool.
Tool being the operative word.

http://www.google.com/?source=mog&gl=us&tab=ww
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:28 AM   #15
DanaC

I've known some really nice people vote BNP. And I've even met the odd seemingly nice and decent BNP member.

The guy who ran for them against my ward colleague, Bryan, a couple of years ago came across as a really pleasant and community minded chap. Local lad, he was well known and well liked. Bryan had coached him and his mates in youth football. I think he was fairly typical of lads in that area, for whom the Labour Party their fathers had joined, just seemed to have left them all behind and joined the middle class revolution.

In that place, the BNP were far more the voice of working-class lads than the Labour Party was. I have lost count of the amount of times people have justified membership/support for them with the caveat: I don't like everything they say, like the racist stuff, but...