The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 12-02-2003, 03:40 PM   #76
DNK
Thick skinned and I like (my wife's) Bush

Quote:
Originally posted by hot_pastrami
I guess it's kinda like reading a series of books you enjoy, only to find that the author takes the plot and characters someplace you don't want it to go, and you stop enjoying the story as much. Big deal? No, it's a freakin' book. But that doesn't mean the author's Lucasizing* of the story it won't bother you a little.

Excellent parallel. I overstand.

GBA

DNK
Old 12-02-2003, 07:52 PM   #77
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveDallas

Yes.

Unless you want to go to full conspiracy mode and posit that UT hired someone to play bruce!
I've never met the person we call UT, but I have met Bruce...unless Bruce is actually Tony, then I've met Tony and not Bruce.... In which case, all the posts about UT's house and servers and stuff are lies. And all Tony's posts (as Bruce) are true.

Shit. Now I need a scorecard and the man I thought I loved is a sham!!

I feel so used!!!
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 10:56 PM   #78
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally posted by OnyxCougar

I feel so used!!!
Actually, I, Tony, operate the entire system. All of the posts under all of the usernames are written by me. I find it very entertaining to put together all the different personalities.

And even though it's been lots of fun just writing everything for myself, I have lived in hope that one day some unsuspecting soul would stumble across the place and join me and my several thousand alter egos. And it finally happened! So thanks, OnyxCougar, and I hope you're enjoying your time in my little universe.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 11:20 PM   #79
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Ah, shit...now I'm really confused. Does this mean UT is suffering from Multiple Personality Disorder, or does it mean that *I* am?

(this post was edited to correct the psychological malady identified herein before Wolf took me to task for making a common misstatement)
Old 12-02-2003, 11:28 PM   #80
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Dave's gone?

Has anyone volunteered to start calling people assholes and morons yet? We're gonna need those bases covered, I think.

Dave was almost always a dickhead with a point to make. That's why I liked him. If you could read through the troll-like form of expression, you could see that he was being rather satirical with it all. Now, most people who do that end up making instant enemies, but with Dave, it was usually handled pretty damn well. That takes special talent, and I give him high marks for having done so well for so long with it before a pooch finally got screwed, for whatever reason.

You could, however, knock me down with a feather that it was with Sycamore on the other end. That, I would have bet money against.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:28 PM   #81
Whit
Umm ... yeah.

Quote:
From Elspode:
Does this mean UT is suffering from Multiple Personality Disorder, or does it mean that *I* am?
      It means we are Ep. I'm happy to clear that up for you as I'm the sane personality

Last edited by Whit; 12-02-2003 at 11:30 PM.
Whit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 12:30 AM   #82
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
Please don't make me do it in public.
Only if you displease me sufficiently that it becomes necessary to make you do so.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 12:37 AM   #83
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by Elspode
Ah, shit...now I'm really confused. Does this mean UT is suffering from Multiple Personality Disorder*, or does it mean that *I* am?

(this post was edited to correct the psychological malady identified herein before Wolf took me to task for making a common misstatement)
Don't sweat it, dude.

Thoroughly fucked up is still thoroughly fucked up, no matter how you spell it ...

* Just in case you thought I wasn't paying attention ... as of DSM-IV the name was changed to "Dissociative Identity Disorder". The exact reasoning behind that is unclear, but my own personal opinion was that unscrupulous therapists who were milking the cash-cow of treating people with FAKE MPD needed a new name to explain themselves and hide their unethical treatment practices.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 12-03-2003, 12:52 AM   #84
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally posted by Elspode
Dave's gone?

Has anyone volunteered to start calling people assholes and morons yet? We're gonna need those bases covered, I think.

Dave was almost always a dickhead with a point to make. That's why I liked him. If you could read through the troll-like form of expression, you could see that he was being rather satirical with it all. Now, most people who do that end up making instant enemies, but with Dave, it was usually handled pretty damn well. That takes special talent, and I give him high marks for having done so well for so long with it before a pooch finally got screwed, for whatever reason.

You could, however, knock me down with a feather that it was with Sycamore on the other end. That, I would have bet money against.
It might "take a villiage"

I'll volunteer to be the part that sees through to the heart of the matter, and presents it upside down with a backhand. You do all of the lengthy fillibusterish diatribes. FnF will be the jerk off asshat.(whether or not he is aware of this conglomeration) Slang, can you do the research that no one wants to argue with because it would involve reading all of the shit you just based your argument on?

OK, so we need a nitpicker to correct spelling and grammar. xoBruce? can we count on you?
and then we'll need a nerd that is addicted to video games...volunteers? cougar? no? you don't want any part of this? ok, fine. anyone else? what have i forgotten?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 12:54 AM   #85
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

oh, and we'll need a name to log in under, and a way of communicating with each other. I suggest short wave radio spoken in the cherokee tongue. or possibly passing notes.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:56 AM   #86
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

oh, and spode, what the fuck does " a pooch finally got screwed" mean exactly. Is this a KC-ism?
Old 12-03-2003, 01:01 AM   #87
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I guess you never saw The Right Stuff, jim. It's an expression referring to an extreme faux pas ... with the implication that you did so all by your lonesome.

Old 12-03-2003, 01:07 AM   #88
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

thanks. i never DID see that movie.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:07 AM   #89
wolf
lobber of scimitars

You have to. Excitement, just the right amount of humor (if you don't laugh your ass off during the Alan Sheppard waiting for the launch scene there is something wrong with you), and a buncha really good actors.

Old 12-03-2003, 06:17 PM   #90
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim

OK, so we need a nitpicker to correct spelling and grammar. xoBruce? can we count on you?
I'd lik to hep butt I'm unwurthie.