The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 02-05-2010, 03:03 PM   #1681
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Actually I thoroughly cut back the undergrowth today.
And in doing so managed to give myself a tiny but nevertheless painful nick. By the old barking spider if you get my drift.

I cheered myself up by trying to think how I could get it into a post on here. Twelve hours later you gave me the perfect opportunity. I love it when a plan comes together.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:53 PM   #1682
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I just watched the Barrowman on Wossy Much fun.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:15 PM   #1683
jujuwwhite
Capnhowdy's #1 smasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
Actually I thoroughly cut back the undergrowth today.
And in doing so managed to give myself a tiny but nevertheless painful nick. By the old barking spider if you get my drift.
OUCH!! That can be a very painful 'paper cut'!!! The kind you just have to rub even though you know you shouldn't.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:28 PM   #1684
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
By the old barking spider if you get my drift
The Barkingham Romford spider?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:16 PM   #1685
Cloud

I'm proud of myself: i cooked tonight. Roast pork (a very small little roast); roast cippolino onions, and mashed potatoes.

Pork sammiches and potato cakes in my future.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:00 AM   #1686
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Not is we get there first.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:44 AM   #1687
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I am SO tired!
I haven't spelt more than 4 hours a night since Thursday.
Supposed to be going into town with Mum today, to buy my coach ticket to Amsterdam, can't even raise any enthusiasm for that!

Then again, I've been waiting around since 10.00 this morning, which might have something to do with it. Plus she's just been screaming at Dad because he didn't realise his driving licence had arrived in the post, which just makes me want to avoid her anyway...

Worst thing is, it's snowing. And I am taking no pleasure in it. In fact I wish it would stop.
Okay, it's not settling, which is giving it a pointless feel. But I don't think I've ever wanted it to stop snowing in my life before.

Fingers crossed I'll sleep tonight and be back to happy or at least not miserable by tomorrow.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:42 AM   #1688
DanaC

Quote:
I am SO tired!
I haven't spelt more than 4 hours a night since Thursday.
There's your problem right there Sundae! Stop spelling and get some bloody sleep lass!:P
Old 02-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #1689
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Last night, I was lying awake deciding what criteria I would use when advertising for my housekeeper when I win the Lottery. Spelling would have made more sense.

The walk into town in the light snow snapped me out of my sleepy grump earlier today anyway. Seemed to do the same for Mum. Not only do I now have a ticket to Amsterdam (I'm really going!) I also have a street map and a guidebook (presents from Mum). Funnily enough, it's the last two that make it seem real!

I am now going back through all the notes I made from the guidebooks from the library and adding locations to the map. Have found some great places not mentioned in any of the books on TripAdvisor also (for example Rappers, a take-away place off Damrak that sells wraps). I am going to make the best of my small budget AND not have a disappointing meal AND not end up in McD's because I'm starving and footsore and it's familiar. I lie about the latter - I will at least go in there to get a tray insert for my bro. He'll probably have forgotten the tradition by now, given that I last went overseas ?6? years ago. But it will make me laugh anyway.

MUCH happier tonight. And not just because I got prizes. Because the funk has passed.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:16 PM   #1690
monster
I hear them call the tide

Getting more/different/aerobic exercise will help you sleep
Old 02-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #1691
DanaC

...and if you video and post it, it'll help Sarge sleep
Old 02-09-2010, 12:49 AM   #1692
jujuwwhite
Capnhowdy's #1 smasher

I'm tickled shitless!! My laptop had crashed well over a month ago and after our 911 computer tech checked it, worked on, and cussed it for several days, he called the HP help line and found out that my computer was still under warranty. (it was less than a 1yr old). He was able to send it in and after having the mother board and ram replaced it's like I have a brand new computer!! I'm loving it!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 01:41 AM   #1693
toranokaze
I'm still a jerk

Can't fucking sleep...
Hating this crap.

It is the ignorance of ignorance that lead to the death of knowledge

The Virgin Mary does not weep for her son, for he is in paradise. She weeps for the world , for we are in suffering.
toranokaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:31 AM   #1694
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

We made the first small step in moving yesterday evening. We have decided to move to Juju's house in another small *town* just outside of where we live now. Moving is my least favorite job in the world. Only hurdle we have is that both of us were well established and now we have two complete households and only need one. So now we're going through the keep or toss thingie. We will be having one helluva yard sale soon.

There is no negative side to the move though. We will be right around the corner from our property (where we will be putting a new house some time this year). Also her parents live on the property, so we will be two minutes from them instead of thirty. That is a good thing in that we have to check on them on a nearly daily basis, as they are both confined to wheelchairs. Hers is a better house hands down. My house is built out of block and sweats and molds and mildews, which leads to an ongoing battle against lurking health hazards. Also I have obsolete wiring (the old fuse box clusterfuck) and she has the updated breaker system. You have to learn to live in my house, which is to say, you have to know not to run the oven and the dryer at the same time and if you use the microwave you need to be sure to turn the bathroom heater off. Sheesh. I won't miss that annoying shit a bit.

We spend the majority of our time in the kitchen and music room. Her house will give us over twice as much space as mine does for these areas. Yes, it takes a whole room for our music/entertainment gear, complete with wire spaghetti floors. I love it. I am very excited about it, but will rejoice when we finally get it behind us. My Cellar time (and other time for that matter) will most likely be limited until we get this done. Wish us luck.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:17 AM   #1695
monster
I hear them call the tide

good luck

Tags
dum, oh the whorror