The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-15-2008, 08:13 PM   #346
jinx
Come on, cat.

I had a tick on me at dinner. On my neck. I'll be skeeved for days...
Old 05-15-2008, 08:45 PM   #347
Cloud

Eeeeeeeek!

I don't know what "skeeved" means, but I'm sure I would be too. I still have nightmares about my one tick encounter.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:09 PM   #348
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
Now I have to go call SteveDallas and ask him if he has Prince Albert in a can. Please alert the FBI.
You haven't asked for my number yet.... anyway, sorry, I don't have a Prince Albert, in the can or in any other body part.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:33 AM   #349
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
You're mocking me, aren't you? [/buzz lightyear]
Oh! Thankyou BigV! *hugs BigV* my friends and I use that a lot and I had completely forgotten where it came from.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:43 AM   #350
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

What's mildly irritating me today?

Well.....I lost my temper last night. I don't often lose my temper. I lost my temper with the wife of the guy I lodged a complaint against *winces*. Fortunately there were only a handful of people present, as it was a small exec meeting and the meeting had closed, with some people having already left.

She was just really, really, getting on my tits. I mean really.

Background: the Chair of the party, D, my recent-ex, chose two people to act as counting agents for him at the elections, who had just been refused re-entry into the party (long story, ex-members and ex-councillors who'd had a big and public fall-out with the local party) though had been told they could re apply in a year and it would help their case if they did some work in the elections. .....so, in they go as counting agents for D, and then allegedly, they cheered rather noisily when one of our councillors lost his seat.

In the meeting it was brought up and used as a way of attacking D. In order to justify why they'd been chosen as counting agents, it was explained to them how much work the two of them had done in D's and in my election. We then went on to say that if they had cheered, then we would no longer wish to support their re-entry into the party. But....the other side have already written to region about it, and we were saying that the laws of natural justice dictate that we at least offer the couple a chance to explain themselves before taking any action to block future membership.

As the meeting closed, I and another member got into a discussion about this and the lemon-sucking-bitch, that other guy's wife, grabs the arm of the member I'm talking to and starts to pull him away saying "Oh, forget it they're just making excuses for it"

Now...I don't know why this got under my skin so badly, but my response was to mutter "oh fuck off" and then say very loudly "You're talking shite, A", I could feel D's hand grab my arm and as I continued to tell her what I thought of her argument, he squeezed, but I carried on regardless and ended up in an argument with her and her pop-eyed, mental hubby. Basically, the carefully worded, carefully delivered performance gave way to Bolton Girl!

Not so good.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:56 AM   #351
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

You darn human!

You're an intelligent, thoughtful, and well-spoken individual. Having an instance of anger only illustrates your passion for what you are doing.

Sometimes people need to be called on the carpet.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:03 AM   #352
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

I stayed up too late last night, mostly debating with Mrs. Dallas about the best steps to deal with our daughter, not to mention our summer schedule or lack thereof.

As a result I overslept. When I got to work everything was parked in with visitors here for a big event. There were also 3-4 construction trucks, a garbage truck, and a truck trying to deliver the big tent for Sunday's graduation, all trying to get in and out at the same time I was.

The database upgrade I started this morning got stalled due to picky compatibility details that had not been made known to me previously.

I'm now off across the street for a donut or three for breakfast. I'm afraid to imagine what troubles I'll find.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:05 AM   #353
Shawnee123

Today:

Dragon Devil Evil Lady

Oh, and left my house without my purse and had to head back after getting halfway here.

And, we have a "retreat" this afternoon, guaranteed to be chock full of lip service and the sound of phonies jumping on board...the board being painted with flowers and love but underneath it is rotten and maggoty.

Oh, and my attitude.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:28 AM   #354
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
You're mocking me, aren't you? [/buzz lightyear]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Oh! Thankyou BigV! *hugs BigV* my friends and I use that a lot and I had completely forgotten where it came from.
:blinks:

Oh. Well. You are quite welcome. One is glad to be of service. I, too, sadly, find myself in need too often.

For those who have aged out of the animation-as-entertainment demographic, here is a sample of what I'm talking about. I leave the context to you to discover. It is one of my favorite lines.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:30 AM   #355
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

I crossed the street an back successfully without injuringmyself or anyone else.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:31 AM   #356
Shawnee123

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDallas View Post
I crossed the street an back successfully without injuringmyself or anyone else.
That's irritating me, too. Go try again, will ya?

Here's to a better day.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:49 PM   #357
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

It's raining heavily and the treads on my wingtips are worn. Odds of slippage are good. I'll give it another shot after I finish lunch.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:39 AM   #358
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Your daughter? Have I not been stalking you properly SD?
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:49 AM   #359
Griff
still says videotape

Our fencing coach has to move away in the interest of keeping a healthy marriage. We knew we had it good, the man coached high profile college programs and had great influence on my daughter's development. <sigh> Now we have to piece together a program for the kids. I hope we can keep it together.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:33 AM   #360
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksNuts View Post
Your daughter? Have I not been stalking you properly SD?
Maybe you need more practice . . .

Tags
mild cheddar