Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 09-11-2015, 08:27 PM   #646
glatt

glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 05:04 PM   #647
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

What's bumming your stone today?

Goddamn, inconsiderate, disrespectful people who think the world revolves around them, and nobody matters but them, no one else's time and energy means shit to them because they are the sole reason the universe exists.

If you are one of these people, fuck you, you're what's wrong with the human race.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 05:24 PM   #648
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Why do you think they made it illegal to kill somebody?
Old 09-13-2015, 12:07 AM   #649
it
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
If you are one of these people, fuck you

Well fuck you too!
it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:36 PM   #650
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Goddamn, inconsiderate, disrespectful people who think the world revolves around them, and nobody matters but them, no one else's time and energy means shit to them because they are the sole reason the universe exists.

If you are one of these people, fuck you, you're what's wrong with the human race.

That's 99% of the human race giving the rest of us a bad name.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:44 PM   #651
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
What's bumming my stone is that my locally owned and operated for two or three generations pharmacy has closed its doors. Surprisingly, not because of Rite Aid or CVS. It was mainly because of mail order and the insane nickel and dime charges such as, every time the doc faxes a scrip refill to the pharmacy they get hit with a 2 or 3% fee. I don't know who's got their hand out, but I guess it can'y be a regular fax. Insurance companies take a cut from the pharmacy, the pharmacist rattled off about five different fees they are hit with just to fill your scrip. They even have to pay a couple of cents per pill dispensed as a dispensing fee! They finally said, fuck it, we're not making any money. After all the fees are added up they make very little on the sale.

So, they've closed and now I have to go to the big chain grocery store 12 miles away because the RiteAid around the corner doesn't accept my insurance.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:33 PM   #652
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Beautiful day. Nobody to get nekkid with on the river bank.

Stone bummed.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:13 PM   #653
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

It just seems like I'm always runner-up for any jobs I apply for these days. I'm like the bridesmaid of employment. When I was younger, I swear people threw jobs at me, and in many cases, promotions. Am I just more sucky than ever or is it my middle-aged-ness? Is it just the way things are going right now?

I'm just so discouraged. I'm self-talking to myself...counting my blessings as it were, and I'm OK...but I am so damn discouraged.

I don't really like my day job that much because I'm basically just the main person's bitch. It's not entirely an unpleasant job, but I use none of my talents, I have none of my own responsibilities, and I feel that more often than not I'm swallowing my pride to keep the peace. I do like my other job, except the hours suck. I really like the people I work with here. I was sad about the thought I would probably have to leave if I got the other job, because it would be too much. But the idea of not having to do the daily "work, nap, work, sleep" five days a week was a really refreshing thought.

So I'm torn between 'hey, I'm doing OK. NOt great but OK. I like some things about my jobs. At least I have that' and 'I'm going to die alone with nothing to show for a lifetime of effort.' And it's not lost on me that I'm OK in SPITE of the self-sabotage I've exhibited most of my life...due to a constant struggle with various issues of the mental health kind. Hey, it's who I am. But I'm at this age where it seems like there should be some sort of comfort zone. Some sort of feeling that I've accomplished something, that I have someone to share that with, that it's not all just the same disappointment over and over.

Well, just doing that 'processing in public' thing.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 10:28 PM   #654
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

You have all of us to share it with. It's not the same as touchy-sexy-pillowtalk intimacy, I know, but it is something. You've accomplished making a sizable group of people laugh on a consistent basis.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 10:40 PM   #655
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

There is no first prize for life. You live. You just live. Try to have some fun.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 09:00 AM   #656
infinite monkey

I luvz you guys. Thanks.
Old 01-30-2016, 09:06 AM   #657
fargon

We love you too.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 04:59 PM   #658
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Should have went to the river today. Sat in the house all damn day.

I'm a lazy bastidge.

Old 01-30-2016, 05:22 PM   #659
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

No no, a rugged individualist, you did what you wanted, not what you maybe should have. If you try hard you can probably think of a dozen things that would have made you more productive, but that's not what you wanted, so fuck it.

I'm hoping you buy this so I can use it myself.
Old 01-30-2016, 07:13 PM   #660
infinite monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargon View Post
We love you too.
Fargon, you are such a sweet person. If I ever get to meet you I will give you a big hug. In lieu of that, here's a virtual one...

Tags
mozzarella