The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 02-17-2011, 10:03 PM   #166
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

alright. we went into overtime tonight. after supper we started pouring concrete. i had wanted to get a pic of the shower drain flange and the amount of distance from the floor to the bottom of the flange but paul started mixing concrete and i had to haul butt to help so i didn;t have my camera on me. anyway, there was about a 3 inch gap or more between the existing concrete and the bottom of the flange. i cut off one inch earlier today and recommended more but paul didn;t want to do that. well i finally convinced him. reasoning being we would loose depth of the finished floor if we left it the way it was. so i took off one more inch from the drain pipe then set the flange. we mixed 1 and 1/3 bag of quickcrete and floated in a floor. when doing this sort of thing you want the cement dry. add only enough water to make it moist then use a trowel and level it as best you can using a level. doesn;t have to be perfect. the installation kit we are using makes the slope fool proof.
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2011, 10:03 PM   #167
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Attached Images

Old 02-17-2011, 10:06 PM   #168
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

now all we do is wait for the crete to cure. in this case we are only going to wait about an hour. then we will set the quick slope installation kit and pour the rest of the crete.

in these next pics, sort of another interactive if you will, we are looking and trying to decide what paint color we want for the walls. the tile is the tile that is going in the shower. i like the darker but the lighter colors also bring out contrast. any thoughts?
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2011, 11:44 PM   #169
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

we hit a dead end tonight. the ring that goes around the drain is the wrong size. BUT we did get the rubber pan in. first we laid it out then tucked in the corners then located and punched through the drain bolts then put the flange on and tightened it down. after that it was cut to fit but make sure you don;t cut less than 3 inches from the floor. any folds that need to be made can be hidden by the drywall.
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2011, 11:45 PM   #170
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Attached Images

Old 02-18-2011, 02:40 PM   #171
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Don't the sheets have to glue together at the seams?
Old 02-19-2011, 02:34 AM   #172
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

no, not in this case. it was like a 4 x 6 sheet of rubber basically. so you place it in and cut to fit and fold on the seams. at least that;s what we did here. i;m sure there are several ways to do this part of the job. first time doing it so maybe we half assed it. i dunno. more than one way to skin a cat. i figured the weight of the concrete and the mold resistant drywall being mounted would suffice. if there is a better or easier way that you know of please by all means let me know. we may be doing this again upstairs.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:39 AM   #173
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

i took these pics before i had to leave for work. paul went and got the correct ring so we could cut and mount the slope sticks. then he poured in the concrete.
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2011, 02:45 AM   #174
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

then while he was doing that i was finishing up the deck installation at work. to space the 2x6x10 and 12;s i used nails and put them between them to give room for weather. the boards will expand and contract in hot and cold weather respectively so you want a little wiggle room. then for the boards that were slightly warped i stuck a crowbar in the ground and leaned on it while drilling in the decking screws. after the decking was complete i ran a chalk line down the sides and trimmed off the excess with a circular saw.
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2011, 02:46 AM   #175
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Attached Images

Old 02-19-2011, 06:19 AM   #176
glatt

You get a lot accomplished. I'm impressed.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:38 AM   #177
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

ty, i try. all it really is though is focus. well, energy too, lots and lots of energy

i;m glad i finished that deck yesterday because there are 10 parties booked for today. we thought it was 11 but the manager miscounted. either way 10 parties is a lot and several of them overlap. i betcha by sunset i will have completed my 2 step videos on the proper way a go kart ride should go and the "omfg what are you doing" way. now that is gonna be a fun thread!
Old 02-20-2011, 02:16 AM   #178
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Ya know, that bathroom job started out with a dripping tap. We'll just replace the washer, they said, but then they saw something else that needed doing while they were there. One thing leads to another ...
Old 02-20-2011, 03:52 AM   #179
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

yep and that;s what i;m afraid of upstairs. to be honest i just got home from work and didn;t even go look in the downstairs bathroom. i;m exhausted, i got nailed by a kid tonight and almost broke, what felt like anyway, my right foot. got sandwiched between two cars. will have vid later for the thread i;m creating. on a motrin and beer binge, errrr for a whole beer then bed. the new party area was used and rented today. a plus there. we were the busiest ever in the history of the go kart track! we had a line of more than 50 people waiting to ride from 1 o;clock until about 11. gonna hit the rack. later peeps.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:37 PM   #180
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

the finished party area. done. finished. finis. hoàn thành. завершенный. fertig.
Attached Images