The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 01-12-2016, 02:09 PM   #931
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

it's 100% vegan! sign me the fuck up!
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 02:12 PM   #932
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
it has a rocker toggle. I can never remember which position is on or off.... can we get a green/red light to glow through your beanbag to indicate the setting???
I can never remember, does red mean the sperm traffic is stopped and I can go, or does red mean I have to stop because the little guys can go?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 02:18 PM   #933
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

One of the things they told Mr. Clod was he needed to come several times after surgery in order to clear the tubes of any stragglers, before considering himself really sterile. I can't remember how many times they said but I remember thinking it was ridiculously high, maybe 20 or something. Of course I'm sure they rounded up to be on the safe side, but I suspect that this still isn't something you'd be switching on and off all the time.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 02:19 PM   #934
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

just watched the video... there are 2 switches. and a safety on each that you have to press to turn the flow back on. I guess in case your girl is being rough with the grapes, so she doesn't accidentally switch the tap back to the on position. But it looks like you'd have to pinch your junk pretty hard to hold that safety button while you flip the switch...in order turn it back on..... I guess you'd better really want to have kids.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 03:11 PM   #935
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
it's 100% vegan! sign me the fuck up!
It's vegan in which switch position again?

~ vegans have some pretty weird rules, that might be one of em ~
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 01:08 PM   #936
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  nadkins.JPG
Views: 494
Size:  30.2 KB

Name:  junkstuff.JPG
Views: 494
Size:  28.6 KB

Name:  bizwipes.JPG
Views: 442
Size:  42.4 KB

Link

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 02:24 PM   #937
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

Nadkins $12.50 for a 10-pack. Baby wipes less than $5.00 for a big tub of them.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 05:22 PM   #938
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  baybee.JPG
Views: 483
Size:  27.3 KB

This Delightfully Evil ‘New Baby’ Card Plays Sound of a Newborn Screaming.

For 3 Hours.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:36 PM   #939
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

And then he grew up .... 3 more hours of ...
Attached Images

tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 01:29 PM   #940
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
"Filament" LED light bulb are the future, but here today. The price just needs to come down a little bit. These things are freaking awesome!

I bought one of these LED filament bulbs to try it out. Not cheap. $15.50, but free shipping.

It came in a plain unmarked box in a padded envelope. The bulb was in a protective plastic clam shell. No brand name that I can see.

Attachment 50537

Comparing the LED filament bulb side by side with an incandescent bulb.
Attachment 50538

And here it is in the fixture, with the dimmer at 100%. On the left is a 40 watt incandescent. In the middle is a 4 watt Filament LED, and on the right is a 60 watt incandescent. To my eye, in person, it looks as bright as the 60 watt bulb.
Attachment 50539

Here's a very underexposed close up of the LED light. You can sort of see in individual LEDs under the filament's coating.
Attachment 50540

And I noticed with the lamp shades on that the LED's 4 filaments effectively eliminate the shadows caused by the lampshade wire clamps that grab the bulb. Those shadows are visible on the incandescent lamp shade.

And finally, I took a video of the dimming.

The LED bulb is listed as 2600K, but it seems just a little bit whiter than the incandescent bulbs at 100% power. And as you dim the lights, the incandescents go yellow, but the LED keeps its color.

I like this bulb. It's expensive, but I ordered 4 more. It will take the Dining Room light from 220 total watts (with a mixture of 40 and 60 watt bulbs) and reduce it to 20 total watts. I don't know how long it will take for these to pay for themselves. I suppose I should have calculated that before ordering 4 more, but that would have involved tracking down a power bill and doing the calculations.
It's not even a year later, and 2.5 of the 5 LED bulbs I bought have failed. The 0.5 failure is that 2 of the 4 filaments of one bulb have stopped lighting up. I think there is a poor electrical connection somewhere in the bulb and it gets strained somehow over time and breaks. The filaments flicker a bit and then stop working altogether.

I can't recommend these bulbs any longer. At $12 per bulb, the price is simply too high to be replacing them after 10 months. The claim was 15,000 hours of operation and the real world results are 500 hours or so. I'd be ok with them if they were $1.
Old 01-18-2016, 03:06 PM   #941
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  eeww.JPG
Views: 389
Size:  45.8 KB

Old 01-21-2016, 12:41 PM   #942
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  Just_What_I_Always_Wanted.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  57.1 KB

Old 01-21-2016, 12:53 PM   #943
glatt

That kind of thing, you have to gnaw at with your canines. Slow and drooly going.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:47 PM   #944
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Ewww, that's disgusting, take it... wait... 70 % cacao... let's talk about this with something to wash it ... uh, drink.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:40 PM   #945
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
It's not even a year later, and 2.5 of the 5 LED bulbs I bought have failed. The 0.5 failure is that 2 of the 4 filaments of one bulb have stopped lighting up. I think there is a poor electrical connection somewhere in the bulb and it gets strained somehow over time and breaks. The filaments flicker a bit and then stop working altogether.

I can't recommend these bulbs any longer. At $12 per bulb, the price is simply too high to be replacing them after 10 months. The claim was 15,000 hours of operation and the real world results are 500 hours or so. I'd be ok with them if they were $1.
Is there a dimmer switch involved? I've heard that LED's do NOT like them. Same with fluorescents.
As an aside, there is a really weird man in the shop next to my office who is a hoarder. He has a few hundred boxes of 100W incandescent bulbs. I bought him a pizza for 4 boxes. I am in Heaven! I can see again.