The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2016, 07:26 AM   #11
Snakeadelic
Banned

lumberjim, you said:

Saw The Firm, Robert Plant with that Black Velvet chick opening.

Do you mean you saw Robert Plant and Jimmy Page in the same place? If so--wowzers, sorry I missed that one! I have seen Robert Plant, tho. Scared the (unladylike word here) outta most of my few high school friends. Went back for senior year and everyone's talking about their awesome summers. They ask me what I did, and I told them most of the summer sucked because my mom made me get a job, but Father's Day was awesome. That got some strange looks--most of my friends didn't get along with their parents, especially dads. So they ask what we did, and I tell them the truth.

"I took my dad to a concert."

"Who'd ya go see, Englebert Humperdinck? Slim Whitman maybe?"

"Nah, we went to see Robert Plant."

"You took your father WHERE???"

He was touring Now and Zen. I also saw him on the next tour, for Manic Nirvana. Way up in the nosebleeds at the amphitheater on the Oregon State Fairgrounds, there's this chick next to us with opera glasses getting all excited about an open door to one side of the stage. Sure enough, there's a HUGE dude with a mop of curly blonde hair standing there, and she lets out this unbelievable war whoop: "Hey Bobby baby!!!" at the top of her lungs. He comes whipping around like he was goosed, she freaks out, my best friend freaks out, I just wave.

He waves back, then mule-kicks the door shut. It was a good show .
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote