The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 09-21-2014, 08:59 PM   #2836
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

More damage than the tow fees... but now they'll never find the dead body in the trunk.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:59 PM   #2837
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You mean the guy it was licensed to.
Old 09-22-2014, 01:56 PM   #2838
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
BOSTON, Sept 22 (Reuters) - Three Afghan National Army soldiers who did not return to a training exercise at U.S. military base in Massachusetts were found trying to cross the Canadian border, local media reported on Monday.

The men were taken into custody at a border crossing near Niagara Falls, New York, WCVB-TV reported, citing an unidentified law enforcement source. ...
Maybe they were just honeymooning.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:07 PM   #2839
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
No, just dodging the draft.

Oh, wait a minute.....
Old 09-22-2014, 03:27 PM   #2840
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Niiiiiiiiagara Falls...Slooowly I turned...Inch by inch...step by step...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:38 PM   #2841
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
Quote:
There are 200 soldiers and civilians participating in the seven-day event at Camp Edwards on Joint Base Cape Cod. Along with 12 other members of the Afghanistan National Army, the three men were all engaged in the joint exercise that focused on working on collaboration and tactical strategies that involved civilians and officers and senior enlisted personnel, Sahady said.
Along with the U.S. and Afghanistan, military officials from Tajikistan, Pakistan, Kazakhstan and Mongolia are at the base.

The goal of the exercises, which are organized by U.S. Central Command, is to promote cooperation among the countries and prepare them for participation in international events. This particular event is geared toward a United Nations' peacekeeping mission. Typically, ethnic tensions and human rights violations are the main issues that come up in such a peacekeeping mission, Custis said.
link

Guess they weren't interested in ethnic tensions or human rights.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:34 PM   #2842
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Woman Stops Dog from Attacking Her Dog in an Interesting Way

from LifeWithDogs.tv

Quote:
Ann Bendouli and her dog Lexy were walking on Hampton Beach in Melbourne, Australia in an off-leash area when another dog came from nowhere and started attacking Lexy. In an odd but ingenious move, Ann stuck her pointer finger up one of the dog’s hindquarters and the attack stopped.

It was definitely an unusual move, but it did manage to save Lexy. Lexy is okay, but suffered several serious wounds in the conflict. Thanks to Ann’s quick thinking, the worst didn’t happen that day.

There is currently an investigation into the attack. Officials hope to learn the cause for the incident, and say that the owner of the Staffys that attacked Lexy may be held responsible.

The story and video have gone viral all over the internet. The story has become internationally famous, and many are lauding Ann for her snap decision to literally point a finger at (or in this case, up) Lexy’s attacker.

At first, Ann attempted to pull the dogs off of Lexy by more conventional means, but to no avail. She knew she had to do something, but what?

“It was screaming (Lexy) and I thought ‘I’ve lost my dog,’” said Ann in an interview with news outlets.

The total scrap only took about four to five minutes before Ann did what she did. She lifted the attacking dog’s tail, and inserted a finger into the dog’s bum. That would usually stop just about anyone dead in their tracks. Thankfully, that’s exactly what happened.

“She had her upside down and she was shaking. So, I lifted it’s tail and I put my finger up it’s anal passage so deep I could feel the flesh,” said Ann. “She is my soul mate and I love her so much. I was so glad that she was actually saved because I would be lost.”
Right in the chili ring.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:32 PM   #2843
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

From The Bucks Herald. Cases coming before Aylesbury Magistrates Court.

Quote:
EVERARD ALPHONSE DICK, 48, of St Peters Avenue, Aylesbury.

On August 8 2013 drove an MGF in Fowler Road after consuming 60 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath (legal limit is 35mgs)

Pleaded guilty. Disqualified from driving for 17 months, fined £430, costs £200, victim surcharge £43.
No doubt he must be grateful for the blessing of a middle name. Even if it is 'Alphonse'.
Carruthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:17 PM   #2844
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Awesome.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:16 PM   #2845
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Steve Ballmer, former Microsoft executive and ever the company man, issues edict banning iPads for the whole Los Angeles Clippers Basketball team.

Quote:
Steve Ballmer says he doesn't have huge changes planned for the Los Angeles Clippers, his newly acquired pro basketball team, but he does want them to quit using Apple products.

"Most of the Clippers are on Windows, some of the players and coaches are not," the former Microsoft CEO told Reuters, without naming names.

Although he stepped down as Microsoft's chief exec in February and retired from its board of directors in August, Ballmer remains the quintessential company man. He reportedly doesn't allow his own family to use iPhones or iPads and he told Clippers coach Doc Rivers that he doesn't want his team using them, either.

"And Doc kind of knows that's a project," shy and retiring Ballmer said. "It's one of the first things he said to me: 'We are probably going to get rid of these iPads, aren't we?' And I said, 'Yeah, we probably are'."
Wow.

Quote:
[schadenfreude]In 2013, Redmond inked a $400m, five-year deal with the National Football League that included making Surface tablets the only devices allowed on game sidelines and in coaches' booths. TV commentators routinely refer to them as "iPads."[/schadenfreude]
LOL.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:54 AM   #2846
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Texas cancer doctor convicted of poisoning lover

... Dr. Ana Maria Gonzalez-Angulo, 43, a breast cancer doctor based at Houston's famed Texas Medical Center, had been involved in a sexual relationship with her fellow researcher, Dr. George Blumenschein.

Prosecutors told jurors that Gonzalez-Angulo was a devious and diabolical person who became obsessed with Blumenschein. They said the affair turned into a "fatal attraction" and she poisoned him with ethylene glycol after Blumenschein spurned her in favor of Evette Toney, his live-in girlfriend of 10 years with whom he was trying to start a family. ...
fuck cancer doc

(they did)
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #2847
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  Got_Ourselves_A_Bright_One.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  72.6 KB

Old 10-01-2014, 04:34 PM   #2848
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

maaaaybe it's the mead kicking in.... but re-re-re-reading that story, I finally realized that his second encounter with a clerk, the one with no balaclava, was at the same store! Duh. I thought he'd gone next door to the convenience store and tried to buy some beer or chips or something with his ill-gotten-gains from the "local sex shop".

What a dumbass.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:30 PM   #2849
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

This one won't be any easier to understand, I'm afraid:

Woman Gives Birth to Lizard, Is Accused of Witchcraft

Old 10-08-2014, 12:26 PM   #2850
glatt

Wrong thread for this, but I don't know where best to put it.

World class newspaper tells readers to stop consuming news. Because it's bad for you.

My favorite quote is:
Quote:
News kills creativity. Finally, things we already know limit our creativity. This is one reason that mathematicians, novelists, composers and entrepreneurs often produce their most creative works at a young age. Their brains enjoy a wide, uninhabited space that emboldens them to come up with and pursue novel ideas. I don't know a single truly creative mind who is a news junkie – not a writer, not a composer, mathematician, physician, scientist, musician, designer, architect or painter. On the other hand, I know a bunch of viciously uncreative minds who consume news like drugs. If you want to come up with old solutions, read news. If you are looking for new solutions, don't.
There is website called Cockeyed that I check out every so often. The guy who does it is curious about the world and does experiments to figure stuff out. He's pretty creative. Figuring stuff out on his own means that he winds up doing some things the wrong way, like a fort he built in his backyard, but it's wildly creative.

I do things the opposite way. If I am curious about something, I read about it first. I learn as much about it as I can before I try it out. So it takes me forever to get stuff done. If I make a fort in the backyard, it will meet fairly normal construction standards. And be boring and uncreative.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote