The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 01-07-2011, 09:45 AM   #16
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Oh, I agree. Makeup should enhance, not look like Krusty the Clown. The best makeup is barely perceptible.

I have heard a lot "you don't need makeup" and I honestly think (and you guys can yay or nay this) that men prefer a natural look.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #17
glatt

Heh. Actually, you know, I say my wife doesn't usually wear make up, and she sometimes doesn't, but the truth is that she normally wears just a little bit, so that you don't even see it.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:51 AM   #18
Shawnee123

Good woman!
Old 01-07-2011, 10:19 AM   #19
monster
I hear them call the tide

I think maybe one day I'll go out with full make-up on just one side of my face......
Old 01-07-2011, 10:32 AM   #20
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I think maybe one day I'll go out with full make-up on just one side of my face......
You're being odd again.

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #21
Shawnee123

Quote:
Oh how funny. I'll join you and do the other side of my face.

Which is your best side? Mine, it depends on if it's a 'mole' or a 'beauty mark.'

Old 01-07-2011, 11:04 AM   #22
monster

?the inside
Old 01-07-2011, 07:28 PM   #23
kerosene
Touring the facilities

I do what Clod and Shawnee said. Twist the hand around. My left hand is stupid.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:04 PM   #24
monster

Apparently i do my eyeliner on my left eye half with my right hand and half with my left. I never noticed i switched hands before. I do the mascara with the same hand as the eye
Old 01-08-2011, 12:19 AM   #25
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Zicato View Post
You're being odd again.
How can we tell?
Old 01-08-2011, 03:54 AM   #26
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
Oh how funny. I'll join you and do the other side of my face.

Which is your best side? Mine, it depends on if it's a 'mole' or a 'beauty mark.'

if y'all do that i'll grow my goatee back just to shave half of it off and go to work that way. pics or it didn't happen!!

before lasik right index for right lens and left middle finger for left eye. contacts that is!
Old 01-09-2011, 06:26 AM   #27
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
I have heard a lot "you don't need makeup" and I honestly think (and you guys can yay or nay this) that men prefer a natural look.
I'd say yay to that. Pete is make-up free.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:26 PM   #28
Tulip
Professor

Quote:
I do each eye with each hand. for both. But I'm getting the feeling I'm odd. again.
Yes, you are! I'm just kidding. I use my right hand for both jobs. As for the tip of the mascara, after I put it on with my right hand, I use my left hand to stroke the tip to the inside of the eye side. However, I hardly wear mascara. Not sure why but I get raccoon eyes extremely easy, even with waterproof mascara! I usually just curl my lashes and set it with the brow set. If I feel like being more made-up, I would draw a thin line on the lash.

As a funny story to how dunce I am about putting on make-up, yesterday I decided I looked too pale so I put on some blush. At the shopping center later in the day, I was pulled into this beauty boutique. The lady was blah blah blahing on about skin care and what's good for my skin and stuff. Then she showed the powder cream that I should use to cover my age spots. She put it on my left cheek. I told her I have the blemish balm(one of the products she was trying to sell) on. She said, "But your right cheek is a little red, see how the left cheek is covered nicely?" I looked into the mirror. Rather than being embarrassed, I laughed out loud and told her that's because I put on blush. My cheek looked flushed rather than having that nice glow a woman hopes to achieve with blush. I think my sister was embarrassed for me. So, I told the saleswoman to put some of her powder on my right cheek so my face would look even.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:42 PM   #29
Tulip
Professor

As to what Shawnee said about how many men say they prefer women without make-up. That's a lie, and I think men don't realize they're lying. Because what men like is that women looks like they're not wearing make-up. They like women looking nice but appears like they're not wearing make-up. As what Shawnee said, the "natural look."
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:04 PM   #30
Yznhymr
the crowd goes wild!

No makeup.

I wear only one lens in the right eye; using the right hand to insert it. I typically insert the lens using the middle finger while holding my lower lid down with the third finger of the same hand. I can do it with, or without, a mirror. Using only one lens is called mono-vision. Guys normally have a hard time correcting vision this way. For women it is easier. I think it has something to do with the brain's ability to compensate and interpret depth perception. Men characteristically have better depth perception (on the average), so going to mono-vision will usually mess with that. For some reason I can handle it fine.

I also recently made the move to progressive lenses because I was having a hard time reading up close. Once again, I am an anomaly and can switch back-and-forth between mono-vision and progressive glasses with ease. I was told not many folks can do that so effortlessly. I prefer mono-vision when running, working outside, strenuous work, etc. I hate cleaning dust and sweat from my glasses. I guess I’m just very fortunate.
"The pride system tends to intensify the self-hate against which it is supposed to be a defense, since any failure to live up to one's tyrannical shoulds or of the world to honor one's claims leads to feelings of worthlessness." Bernard J. Paris, Ph.D.
Yznhymr is offline   Reply With Quote