HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Perhaps they can each take one?

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:17 PM   #5717
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

J and I'll raise the Pookaflintsters, if you give us a dowry of some insurance money. We won't need much, just enough for some vittles and sunday dress.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:29 PM   #5718
Pooka
Your Invisible Rabbit Friend

Money will not be an issue for them... we have a niiiiice trust fund for them. ITs the right family with similar values and financially stable set up that is going to be hard to replace... they wouldn't have needed to touch the trust... and if they did... I trust that she would have had no other choice. She is still willing to take them... he is not a viable option at the moment... but we both agree it should be a couple... with a child close in age to ours... only one with no intention of having more kids, well off, musically inclined, and a long time friend of the family... they were it... we don't have any one else... it makes me feel a little uncomfortable... not that I think we are going to die tomorrow... but you never know. Plus... they were our closest couple friends.
Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:09 PM   #5719
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

my lack of emotional self control is upsetting me lately.

is that redundant?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:30 PM   #5720
Griff
still says videotape

recursive

Sorry dude, chin up.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:25 PM   #5721
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

At least 1 and 1/3

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:39 AM   #5722
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Dad fell out of bed, injured his shoulder, in the hospital.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:50 AM   #5723
glatt

Sorry, Spex.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:55 AM   #5724
sweetwater
lives inside a Mobius strip

In about 10 minutes they'll pull the plug on my aunt. We haven't talked, written, or anything with her for decades, but recently my father has been calling and talking to her. He couldn't get there (health issues himself) and he is very upset that when someone finally called to tell him where she has been (he was leaving messages) he finds out she's on life support and wouldn't know if he was there or not. So now he knows at 10 AM his last sister is going to die. Wait - probably gone by now, different time zone, I forgot 'bout that. (I'm OK, but he won't be, which means nobody will be who is in that same state.)
Old 08-06-2010, 10:47 AM   #5725
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Sorry sweetwater. This is a good reminder for me to keep in touch with my own brother. Life isn't forever.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:52 PM   #5726
lookout123
changed his status to single

LL has been awesome all summer. Really since about February. We got his medication sorted enough that while there are still some obvious issues, we had decided we were at a "good enough" level of control. He is now on his 5th day of fourth grade and all progress is erased, or at least hidden. I hope it is temporary because there aren't many alternative treatments so if it turns out this med has stopped working we're pretty well screwed.

I am hoping that it is just a settling in period for being back to school, but that seems unlikely. His schedule all summer was basically the same because of the camp program he was involved in.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:04 PM   #5727
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

ugghhh - sorry - Still hoping for the best. I'm sure you guys will figure something out.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:53 PM   #5728
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Dang, lookout. Any chance there is a particular problem with the teacher, or a specific kid in the class who is setting him off?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:12 PM   #5729
lookout123
changed his status to single

Loves his teacher. Loves the school. Loves all the kids in his class except for one but that is already handled. * Today he is tired and edgy, but I gave him a 30 minute window to just chill out on his own. He may just be overstimulated and having a hard time transitioning from school to home. I know that sounds lame, but it is the best way to describe it. I'm going to give him another full week before I become officially worried.

* The first day LL came home complaining that there was a bully who elbowed him in the face, so LL told the teacher. The child was scolded so the kid punched LL and elbowed his friend. he complained to me and mrs L and we just reminded him that he already has groundrules on how to deal with bullies.

Apparently, the bullying continued on the second day. The teacher talked to me about it because she was concerned I might be upset. I let her know I'm sure that she and the children would figure it out.

The 3rd day it continued until gym class where LL flattened the kid on the soccer field and then screamed in his face that it would get worse unless the kid stayed away from him and his friend. The gym teacher and his regular teacher both saw the incident. They officially asked me to talk to LL about letting the teachers handle inappropriate behavior. Unofficially, they said the kid had it coming and he hasn't bothered anyone since he got up off the ground.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:52 PM   #5730
monster
I hear them call the tide

So effectively the first three days were taken up with a problem with a specific kid, then he's had two more days and now he's tired and edgy. i wouldn't give up hope yet -I'd be tired and edgy too, if that were my first week back at school.

Tags
swiss