The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 07-03-2012, 12:50 AM   #8251
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I received a lovely card in the mail today from Sundae's Mum thanking me for our lunch date. It made my day.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #8252
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

What's making me happy today?

Fred helping his friend.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:07 PM   #8253
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Yeah. Thta's been making me smile quite a bit.

Two things are making me happy right now. 1st I managed to get in to see the dermatology doctor at my practice. She's really good. I was pretty sure I knew what I was looking at as it seems very similar to what went on with my skin about 18 months back. But I wanted to make sure. And yes, it does seem to be an underlying viral infection which is causiong the continued itch and reinfection (bacterial). So, I have antivirals and am feeling a little more in control of the situation again.

2nd: Carrot's been really funny the last few days. He's such a little comedian. And if he does something that makes me laugh my laughing makes him do it more :p proper little character he is.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:58 PM   #8254
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

reading this thread. awww shucks!

i'm tired as all get out but smiling the whole time.

now it's time to go make supper. fresh atlantic salmon with dill, salad and rolls
Old 07-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #8255
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

We had chicken, pintos, and fresh corn on the cob.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:05 AM   #8256
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I thought I'd been gypped by a website I use.
Despite entering a coupon code, the free item I was expecting did not appear on the invoice.
I emailed the Customer Service Dept immediately, saying that if the free item was not available I wanted to lower the value of my order - I needed everything I had ordered, but not all at that precise time. I ordered more than usual to claim the free gift.

I had an email response to say they had entered the relevant code for me.
Huh?
The next response was to tell me my parcel was despatched. I read both mails at the same time.
So I called them. Oh no sorry, looks like the item wasn't added at all. I queried why the deal was still being advertised if they were out of stock. I also pointed out that I had requested a smaller order immediately after purchase, and it wasn't my error.

Since it had already been packed and sent I was offered a 10% discount voucher. Free items cannot be despatched separately, the system will not allow it. I agreed with reasonably good grace - she'd tried to resolve the situation after all.

The next day I got to thinking. The free gift was worth £7.99. In order to recoup that I'd have to spend £79 on my next order?! No thank you!

Luckily when I got home my delivery was there. They'd included £8 extra of the cat food I'd ordered. So I got free cat food and a £10 voucher. Yay for ZooPlus Customer Service!
Old 07-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #8257
chrisinhouston
Professor

My wife and I now have a brand new refrigerator! Yikes, it cost as much as the first car I bought back in 1974 but it's a beauty. An LG french door model in a midnight black semigloss finish with soft blue LED lighting! It has an alarm system to warn if the door is left open or breached in time of war and 32 separate temperature sensors, an interior air filtration system. And it comes with a 50 caliber rapid fire machine gun just in case of enemy attack!
chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #8258
DanaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinhouston View Post
My wife and I now have a brand new refrigerator! Yikes, it cost as much as the first car I bought back in 1974 but it's a beauty. An LG french door model in a midnight black semigloss finish with soft blue LED lighting! It has an alarm system to warn if the door is left open or breached in time of war and 32 separate temperature sensors, an interior air filtration system. And it comes with a 50 caliber rapid fire machine gun just in case of enemy attack!
Aheheh. That last line really made me laugh.

There's a teeny-tiny part of me that longs for a massive fridge, in a large kitchen.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #8259
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Don't worry Dana - no one here is a Freudian.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #8260
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by plthijinx View Post
he sat in his lazyboy upstairs. now, he does have a walker upstairs and downstairs as well as canes and a wheelchair for downstairs. but when he sat down in the lazy boy there was no getting up by himself. i'm strong, but not that strong. i damn near dropped him on the floor trying to get him up. i just couldn't do it. i was able to just barely get his butt on the edge of the lazyboy seat and lay him back then run and grab my neighbor to help me get him up.
This might help but they are kind of spendy.

Remember the movie 9 to 5 where they used a remote controlled garage door opener to lift the guy off the floor? They're cheap and hooked to one of those water skier tow ropes he might me able to pull himself out of the lazyboy. Not very elegant, but we're looking for results, amirite?
Old 07-05-2012, 01:33 AM   #8261
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Three years ago I was told to pull the plug on my son.
Yesterday he and I along with my father, my brother & his son went fishing 60 miles offshore.
My son helped reel in a 50+lb tuna.
Happy? I'm fucking ecstatic.

Fukkin' doctors... The irony you ask? (just play along) The hospital called a few weeks ago asking us to be in a commercial
as one of their "success stories"
I replied, not calmly, "Really? If I had listened to you he'd be dead today - go fuck yourself." I then hung up.
Upon reflection ... yep ... Go fuck yourself HARRRRRRRD.

Happy Anniversary bud.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:13 AM   #8262
DanaC

Holy shit, it's three years ago? Doesn't seem that long. Probably seems longer to you though :P

Happy Anniversary to you and your lad. It's a good day to be alive.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:16 AM   #8263
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Good for you, and good for your son. Happy anniversary, classic.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:18 AM   #8264
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
Yesterday he and I along with my father, my brother & his son went fishing 60 miles offshore.

Fukkin' doctors... The irony you ask? (just play along) The hospital called a few weeks ago asking us to be in a commercial
as one of their "success stories"
I replied, not calmly, "Really? If I had listened to you he'd be dead today - go fuck yourself." I then hung up.
Upon reflection ... yep ... Go fuck yourself HARRRRRRRD.

This is so very wonderful.
Happy Anniversary bud.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #8265
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post

Happy Anniversary bud.
A very Happy Anniversary!! What a fantastic thing. Wishing you all the best.