The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 08-05-2017, 01:58 PM   #16
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

This thread is hilarious to me. You folks are arguing over the campaign strategy of a candidate you cannot vote for, or even against.

It really truly appears you are arguing just to be arguing. You aren't even arguing for anything, you're simply arguing against each other.

It'd be kinda sad if it wasn't funny.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 02:31 PM   #17
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

It exemplifies a national trend worthy of discussion. Since you don't vote, it may not seem like that to you.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 02:39 PM   #18
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

What it seems like to me is arguing for nothing. Ain't none of ya changing the other ones' minds. And ya ain't changing anything else either.

Also, it's not 'don't vote', it's 'can't vote'. Since I'm a felon, my mind is incapable of abstract thought and rational decision making.

Though it's not stopped anyone else from voting, I see.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 08-05-2017, 03:11 PM   #19
sexobon

The discussion has aspects that some may not be aware of since it's about someone who is prior military going for a civilian political position. The transition can be difficult beginning in even the campaign stages; because, it can take time. For example, this concept has been recognized by Congress for appointment to the civilian position of Secretary of Defense. Prior military must have been out of service for seven years (used to be ten) to be eligible. Looking at how this plays into how prior military who want to be politicians present themselves is purposeful.

Knocking the discussion sounds like sour grapes 'cause you can't vote. We didn't take that away from you. Live and let live.
Old 08-05-2017, 03:12 PM   #20
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
This one stopped working for me at the same time I bet it stopped working for most people: "My Senator Mitch McConnell". 30 seconds in and now there is no question that it's a political ad. People HATE political ads. "And now the twist, I'm running for Congress" is not a movie anyone would pay to see in theatres. It's a trick, and we know it.
A trick? Of course it's a political ad. The voters seeing it would know before it started just by who it is. I don't see any deception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
The public is weary of Iraq and Afghanistan, Al-Qaeda and the Taliban. Invoking these business as usual situations is counterproductive for anyone wanting to represent change.
So do you think if she said flew xx combat bombing missions instead of bombed Al-Qaeda and the Taliban it would be acceptable to her potential voters? How about to a wider range of voters, like nationally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
This thread is hilarious to me. You folks are arguing over the campaign strategy of a candidate you cannot vote for, or even against.
It's not about her, it's about campaign style and substance.
Quote:
It really truly appears you are arguing just to be arguing. You aren't even arguing for anything, you're simply arguing against each other.
We never argue, we discuss rationally and reasonably, carefully weighing the plus and minus points of each other proposals, attempting to arrive at a consensus acceptable to all parties, but most likely will agree to disagree, however probably with each party's views modified to incorporate good points from everyone contributions to the discussion.

PS, that's ex-felon.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce; 08-05-2017 at 03:29 PM.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 03:41 PM   #21
sexobon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
... So do you think if she said flew xx combat bombing missions instead of bombed Al-Qaeda and the Taliban it would be acceptable to her potential voters? How about to a wider range of voters, like nationally? ...
Saying more than that she flew in combat, then moving on to another topic, gives people more time to remember about collateral damage that the specific groups she mentioned claim the US caused and wonder if she killed children, puppies and kittens.

There are three basic milestones worth stating: serving in the military, serving in combat, and extraordinary sacrifice/heroism. Beyond that, it can rapidly become TMI that works against you. Going after a civilian job requires a different approach from bucking for a military promotion. It can be a difficult transition for former military careerists.
Old 08-05-2017, 03:51 PM   #22
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Hmm... maybe if she said bombed immigrant criminals raping our women and stealing our jobs?
Old 08-06-2017, 11:39 AM   #23
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

but but but ... what about the children?
Old 08-06-2017, 01:50 PM   #24
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Won't someone please think of the children?

And how children argue.

Old 08-06-2017, 01:50 PM   #25
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
Knocking the discussion sounds like sour grapes 'cause you can't vote.
Goddamned right it is.

Old 08-06-2017, 02:05 PM   #26
sexobon

APPLICATION FOR RESTORATION OF CIVIL RIGHTS
Old 08-06-2017, 02:07 PM   #27
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Yeah, yeah.

I ain't over it.