The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 07-27-2011, 03:32 PM   #1486
glatt

Or somebody illegally dumping paint thinner in the porta potty instead of paying the fee to dispose of it legally at teh hazardous waste place.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:03 PM   #1487
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
Connorsville Indiana is infamous for being the Dilaudid capitol of the midwest.

maybe they were high.
When they jacked me up with dilauded for my surgery I was very happy but not at all horny.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:39 PM   #1488
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Circumcision ban to be stricken from SF ballot

Quote:
SAN FRANCISCO -- A judge said Wednesday she intends to strike a ban on male circumcision from the city's November ballot.

Superior Court Judge Loretta Giorgi said in a tentative ruling that the proposed law prohibiting circumcision of male children violates a California law that makes regulating medical procedures a function of the state, not cities.

I wonder if there would have been a religious exemption.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:43 AM   #1489
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

I'm not certain this is true, but here it is:

Quote:
Crop circles: Are they made by alien UFOs landing in corn fields, or are they made by something more sinister, like drug-fueled marsupials running amok on farm land? In Australia, it appears to be the latter.

Australian wallabies have been eating poppy seeds, then hoping around fields while "as high as a kite," according to Lara Giddings, the Attorney General for the island state of Tasmania.

The animals get so stoned that they begin running around in circular patterns.

"Then they crash," Giddings said. "We see crop circles in the poppy industry from wallabies that are high."

Apparently, this isn't uncommon for animals on opium.The same phenomenon has happened in sheep, who begin to walk in circle-formations after munching on poppy plants.

The crop circles have become so serious that they were debated at a parliamentary hearing on the security of poppy crops in Tasmania.

Farmers grow poppies for medicine, particularly painkillers, and Australia produces about 50 percent of the world's legally-grown opium. Opium is derived from the resin of the poppy flower, which can also be refined to make morphine and heroin.

Apparently this isn't a new development, and wallabies have been the cause of crop circles in Australian fields for years.

"They would just come and eat some poppies and they would go away. They'd come back again and they would do their circle work in the paddock," retired farmer Lyndley Chopping told the Australia Broadcasting Company.

A wallaby is a small pouched mammal, related to the kangaroo. They are smaller and often chubbier than the mighty kangaroo, and share much of the same habitat as they inter-species cousin.

Luckily, it appears that the wallabies know when enough opium is enough.

"They seem to know when they've had enough," added Chopping. "They'll still be around and they would leave them alone. It's hard to work out. Didn't seem to be any real pattern to their behaviour."

Old 08-10-2011, 06:09 AM   #1490
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Wallabies need N.A.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:35 PM   #1491
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

I'm gonna vote no. Wallabies are not going to make them into perfect geometric shapes
Old 08-10-2011, 07:37 PM   #1492
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

FOR. THE. WIN.

Quote:
Festival-goers at a nationalist, right-wing concert in Germany were taken by surprise when souvenir T-shirts they were given had a secret anti-far right message that emerged only after being washed.

The slogan on the shirts first read "hardcore rebels" along with a skull and nationalist flags. But once washed the slogan turned into a message from a group offering help to right-wing extremists to break away from the neo-Nazi scene.

"If your T-shirt can do it, you can do it too - we'll help you get away from right-wing extremism," read the slogan on the shirts after their first wash.
More at http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-08-1...?section=world
Old 08-10-2011, 08:30 PM   #1493
classicman

That is beyond teh awesome. Great find ZG.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:36 PM   #1494
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

This is funny. I am going to have to try a few of these shots.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-planking.html
Old 08-18-2011, 08:08 AM   #1495
GunMaster357
Professor

Quote:
Her goal is to reach 1,160 pounds by her forties to claim the title. Eman has already passed the previous living record, held by 43-year-old Donna Simpson of New Jersey, who weighed 700 pounds.
http://www.allheadlinenews.com/artic...#ixzz1VNwdJWb5

In French, I'd say she's digging her grave with her teeth. Is there a similar expression in English?
Old 08-18-2011, 09:21 AM   #1496
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Hahahahahaaaaa. Sure you will Michelle. Sure you will. Singlehandedly, too, I bet.

Maroon.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/18/news....htm?hpt=hp_t2
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:22 AM   #1497
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMaster357 View Post
In French, I'd say she's digging her grave with her teeth. Is there a similar expression in English?
Digging her grave with a spoon.

Ciel, mon mari!
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:36 AM   #1498
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
Hahahahahaaaaa. Sure you will Michelle. Sure you will. Singlehandedly, too, I bet.

Maroon.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/18/news....htm?hpt=hp_t2
Two-dollar a gallon gas is people!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:48 AM   #1499
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
Two-dollar a gallon gas is people!
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:58 AM   #1500
classicman

Man goes in for circumcision, wakes up without penis
Quote:
A Kentucky man wants his day in court after going in for a routine circumcision on October 9, 2007 - and waking up without a penis.

Phillip Seaton of Waddy and his wife, Deborah claim in a lawsuit that Dr. John Patterson of Louisville did not consult them before removing Seaton's penis during a circumcision to treat inflammation. They're seeking damages for "loss of service, love and affection." The trial is set to begin Monday.

Dr. Patterson maintains the removal was necessary because he found cancer during the surgery.

Kevin George, Seatons' attorney, said Dr. Patterson's post-surgical notes show the doctor thought he detected cancer and removed the penis. Lab tests confirmed Seaton had squamous cell carcinoma.

But George said the situation was not an emergency, and argued the family should have been allowed to get a second opinion.

The doctor disagreed.

"While it is unfortunate that he developed this cancer, it is both unfair and unreasonable to blame a physician for providing what was appropriate and necessary care for his condition," Patterson said in a 2008 press release reported by The State Journal of Frankfurt, Ky.

Was the doctor right to cut off Seaton's penis? Or did Seaton get shafted?
Link