The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 03-03-2016, 02:32 PM   #61
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

You will LOVE Spy! I guarantee it! Full of belly laughs and a perfect spy movie sendup for our times.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:34 PM   #62
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Ho-ly sh*t.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:59 AM   #63
Snakeadelic
Banned

Don't have links handy or trust my browser much, but I am LOVING the trailers for Aquaman and Kong: Skull Island.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 02:22 PM   #64
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeadelic View Post
Kong: Skull Island.
Monkey too big.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:17 AM   #65
Snakeadelic
Banned

They upped the size on Kong because they're prepping to remake King Kong Vs. Godzilla, and Legendary's Godzilla is the tallest ever unless Japan's new Shin Godzilla is bigger (can't remember). They want it to look like Kong might have a scrap of a chance, so they may actually have to shrink their Godzilla.

Monkey may be too big, but the rendering and overall design impress me much. I am also, despite my enduring crush on Tom Hiddleston, REALLY looking forward to seeing John Goodman as the "greedy corporate shill who has to be forced to divulge even the simplest truth about the situation." And, of course, John C. Reilly is kinda growing on me the way small plants would try to grow in that beard he's sporting in the Skull Island trailers.

Just about two weeks and the only theater in my town will be showing Skull Island. The troubles with the new Batman movie are causing me to wonder if Aquaman's ever actually going to make it to release, but I hope it does. I grew up with the wussy Saturday morning cartoon Justice League version of Aquaman. Now I wanna see someone recognize the total badassery someone like that would be capable of perpetrating in a gritty reboot, and while Jason Momoa wouldn't have been my first choice he may turn out to be a very, very good choice depending on the actual movie. If all this Batman flailing about doesn't tank the Justice League franchise DC may or may not still be trying to put together.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:39 AM   #66
Snakeadelic
Banned

I officially have a date to go see this Sunday's matinee of Skull Island. I can't wait. I wanna see how John Goodman's character dies, cuz I'm pretty sure he's gonna die. And for the record, the single scariest thing I've seen in any of the trailers so far is that Cape buffalo-lookin beastie roughly the size of my apartment building. Cape buff are nasty, nasty animals. I wouldn't get that close to a regular-size one, which is a measly TON of angry flesh and bone even when they look placid.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:25 AM   #67
Snakeadelic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Monkey too big.
And according to one of John C. Reilly's offhand lines in the movie, he's not even full grown. THAT is how Legendary is setting up for Kong vs. Godzilla--by the time that movie's made, Kong will be even bigger.

Plot of the movie: Predictable, really. No major twists.
Acting performances: Pretty average. I think Samuel L. Jackson just defaulted to "Nick Fury without the cryptic one-liners", which may be his actual personality.
Effects: HELL YEAH. Blood, guts, explosions, fights, all very well rendered and plentiful. Kong is not our friend.
Amount of monster in monster movie: Comparable to the Godzilla movie where he takes a meteor hit to the head before the opening credits (think that's Vs. Space Godzilla but I'd have to check). SO MUCH MONSTER. Not all monkey, either. The newly invented "this is why the natives worship him--he kills these things" monsters also remind me fondly of an obscure Godzilla villain, at least around the head.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:09 AM   #68
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 11:43 AM   #69
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Looking forward to this!

DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 01:27 PM   #70
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

We will watch that.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote