The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-07-2009, 04:36 AM   #136
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

It was Chris Ecclestone though.
I mean it was still a great dream, but imagine of la Tennant had been in it...? Possibly with Captain Jack...
Old 05-07-2009, 04:52 AM   #137
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Stop. Just stop right there. *pauses to give this idea full and weighty consideration* ...ooo. Yeah. That'd work.

Though actually, I always rather liked Eccleston. Ever since 'Our Friends in the North.'

Currently, the chances are, if I were to dream about The Doctor it'd be a toin coss as to whether it'd end up being Paul McGann, or Colin Baker*...which would either be excellent or quite tragic depending on which way that coin fell.

[*eta] For non whovians: not to be mistaken for Tom Baker...that'd actually be quite terrifying.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:30 AM   #138
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Point A: How does one get these fun dreams? Mine always involve me being in some kind of bad or awkward situation.

Point B: If we're going to go there, I'll accept a dream-visit from Billie Piper.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:30 PM   #139
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I've been having the most amazing dreams lately. Last night, I dreamt I went to "Riceville" and met the sweetest, cutest Amish man who LOVED me for ME and said, "I want to pray with you, but we need to wait a little longer," (like praying was SEX for him!!)and then I slept out under a wonderful skyful of stars and...I think I bought some cool stuff at a flea market.

anyway, the Amish guy was GREAT. I asked him "Who lives in Riceville?" and he said, "Nobody but immigrants!" Innit weird?

Now why does my RL suck so bad?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:18 PM   #140
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

I dreamed that I was describing a dream by posting it in the cellar dreaming thread. Yah really. I'm going to stop now before I fall into a recursiveness trap.

But before anyone says that my dream is right now coming true, in the dream I was sitting beside a railway line, as flatbeds carrying hundreds of Indian guru types rumbled past, and more such peeps were walking past too.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:42 AM   #141
DanaC

I'm due to get feedback (and 1st marker's grade) on my dissertation this weekend (late Sat, or early Sun) by email. I have a 5% automatic deduction from whatever it gets, because computer problems fucked with getting the plagiarism test submission done (was 20 mins late in the end).

So...what was i dreaming about last night? Yep. Grades and getting lower than I hoped. Hate that.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:56 AM   #142
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Let me get this straight...everyone gets an automatic 5% reduction because some stupid computer program squiffed? So no matter how well you do, the assumption is that everyone must be penalized to some extent because plagarism is known to exist, even if you didn't plagarize?

Wow. What a world.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:05 AM   #143
DanaC

Submission requires both a paper submission to the office, and an electronic submission to the plagiarism checker. The plagiarism checker timestamps submissions. Both have to be submitted prior to 12pm on the day. My computer crashed on the morning of submission after I'd printed off the paper copy for a final proofread, but before I'd submitted to the plagiarism checker. If either paper or electronic submission is later than 12pm, there is an automatic 5% penalty and then a further 5% per day that it's late up to a maximum of 5 days, at which point it's an automatic zero mark. It took me several hours of fucking around with my computer, including drafting in a friend to help along with his portable harddrive, to try and get the data off my machine and onto my laptop. By the time I submitted the electronic copy it was 12:20; and I had yet to travel in to submit the paper copy.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:22 AM   #144
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

that's true of my Uni too, Dana.

what a world, indeed.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:12 PM   #145
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

A deadline without penalties isn't a deadline. You were 20 minutes late, after how many months prior notice of the deadline?
Old 06-06-2009, 02:47 PM   #146
DanaC

*smiles* which of course is their rationale.

This particular deadline was an extended deadline due to bereavement. I was stupid and only asked for 1 week extensions on assigments after losing damn near two months of productivity. I should have gone the whole hog and asked for a couple of weeks on each assignment. As it was I had to sleep one night in two to bring it in on time (which I did for the paper copy) and it was far too close to be able to bring it in with time to spare for emergencies.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:26 AM   #147
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I dreamed about balloons. Hundreds of them. I think someone was letting them go with notes attached to them (like we did in elementary school, to see if anyone would find it and return the note to tell us where they found it) but a bunch of them were helium-challenged because they were falling all around us. I started popping them, looking for secret treasures inside.

I wonder that that means?
Old 07-03-2009, 12:28 AM   #148
Crimson Ghost
Larger than life and twice as ugly.

Latex allergy.

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,
I would be unable to discuss them with you now or at any future period.

Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
Crimson Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:37 AM   #149
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

i dreamt that I was working at Denny's again.

Actually, it was worse.. i dreamt that i was stuck in traffic, and late for my shift at Denny's.....which combines the stresses from my current job's commute, and my previous career's suckatude.

the good part was that i was glad to wake up and get to it.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:08 AM   #150
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Ghost View Post
Latex allergy.
CG...only you.

I just remembered last night I dreamed about trying to call 911, a couple people were in my house who must have meant me harm, though it wasn't really my place in the dream, and I wanted to call 911 but I couldn't get the right buttons on my phone (my new phone is a touch screen and when I first got it I found it hard to hit the right buttons) and I got like 811 or something once and someone answered, like a regular household, and I'm "I'm trying to call 911! I'm trying to call 911!"

I remember thinking, in my dream, that I should have set up 911 on speed dial, and that if I had a gun I'd never be afraid of those people. I don't care for guns IRL.

It was weird, because in real life I am not afraid of those kinds of things. In fact, I go so far as to think "yeah, you wanna mess with me? Good luck with that!"

Yucky dream feeling, but I'm still not scared.