The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 08-07-2019, 06:08 PM   #1
monster
I hear them call the tide

Tales from the store....

aiaiai

I'm the second or third person in in the morning, so often answer the phone to the call offs. This morning, the call was from Brenda on behalf of Joe Smith She was pretty frantic even though the supervisor she wanted to speak to wasn't in, so I promised to pass on her number and have them call back immediately they got in. I did so, passed the message on via post-its, email and word-of-mouth. Followed up with the supervisor when I saw him.

Joe Smith is in Jail. This is a nice store in a nice part of a nice town, but many of the team have "issues" and so this is sadly not the first time. Even the nice older lady who used to run the bakery served a couple of months last year for something that caught up with her unexpectedly.

What was a little special though is that this is mostly problematic for us because Joe has been the sole pizza guy for a few weeks -because the main pizza guy is already in jail. I wonder if they're roomies?
Old 08-07-2019, 06:10 PM   #2
monster

Maybe I'll suggest the new pizza dude starts a new special sprinkled with Thyme
Old 08-07-2019, 07:43 PM   #3
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

If they're not working, they're not making any dough. D'oh!
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 07:36 AM   #4
Griff
still says videotape

They're probably making a lot more dough outside the market...
Old 08-17-2019, 01:53 AM   #5
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Sounds like the contrast between California's legal pot market and its pot black market. Legal, um, potteries statewide did like 3.6 million dollars last month (I think) and the black market at the same time did over 8 mill.

Seems it's a compliance-cost + overhead + licensing + you-can't-bank-transact-it thing.
This is after four years' notice, mind. Now is definitely not the hour to get into the booming pot biz. The state doesn't want to get into the details of regulation and ordinances too deeply, and the counties and cities are doing things piecemeal. Some counties are smokin' da kine, others are the equivalent of dry counties.

The mess is not being instantly resolved; short-term at least, this is very awkward.
Old 08-17-2019, 07:39 AM   #6
Griff
still says videotape

New York is a damn train wreck in the pot department. Their habit is to over-regulate. Legal pot exists as an idea, with doctors getting a cut and limited over-priced dispensaries. If they had a lick of sense the state would make a tidy income but instead it remains a black market product with all the criminality and safety issues that harbors.
Old 08-17-2019, 04:31 PM   #7
monster

Um? In what way does it sound like that? I'm so confused