I can hear my ears

~that's what she said..
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:36 PM   #1683
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
I'm sure we'll all feel much better once we've got the make-up sex underway.
Extra points for trying.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:55 PM   #1684
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Shawnee only received return fire, but she just underestimated my artillery... several times. She should have learned after the first time... or second... or third.
I'm sure it helps you to believe that, but you were totally out of line, way beyond anything rational. Trumplike. To say that "'sledgehammer to crack a nut' would be an understatement", would be an understatement.

And the board is poorer for it. I don't even check in every day any more because it's three posters replying to every fucking thread and nothing funny*. which is mostly what I came here for. I suspect I'm not alone in that.

Go ahead, return fire. The only thing I really care about atm is beest and he doesn't come here any more either. same reason.

*except the occasional gem from grav and nob and maybe one other poster
Old 08-03-2017, 01:29 PM   #1685
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by onster View Post
I'm sure it helps you to believe that, but you were totally out of line, way beyond anything rational. Trumplike. To say that "'sledgehammer to crack a nut' would be an understatement".
Nut with a sledgehammer? Fuckin A. If I disagreed with her, instead of argueing her position she'd attack me tooth and claw. Nobody gets away with that. I even tried to be tolerant sometimes if it was just a snide remark, but she seldom stopped there. Snowflakes shouldn't play with fire.

Quote:
And the board is poorer for it. I don't even check in every day any more because it's three posters replying to every fucking thread and nothing funny*. which is mostly what I came here for. I suspect I'm not alone in that.
I had the same problem with you as another poster, it so happened we would be on the board at the same time almost every day. So I was usually the first to post and they took it as picking on them.
So you would rather let the board sit idle because people aren't posting?
Quote:
Go ahead, return fire. The only thing I really care about atm is beest and he doesn't come here any more either. same reason.
Return fire? I can't return fire until you fire first. All you've done is express your opinion on my interaction with Shawnee, and the way the board has been going. I don't see that as a personal attack on me or anyone. I wish more people would state their opinion rather than slinking away.

Quote:
*except the occasional gem from grav and nob and maybe one other poster
Just because you're a citizen now that doesn't negate you came from a culture who think Peter Sellers was funny.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:10 PM   #1686
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
If I am ever wrong, I want people to steer me in the right direction.

Throwing a rope to someone in a hole is recommended and is not the same as throwing a boulder on top of them. I think UT threw a rope, but snake felt like it was a boulder. Who is wrong in that situation? I'd say nobody.

Some people would say you are supposed to climb down into the hole with the person and keep them company, but while I understand where they are coming from, I am skeptical. It might be appreciated, but who does it help?

I don't really see it in terms of right and wrong, but more in terms of usefulness and effectiveness.

If you try throwing a rope and the person in the hole acts like you threw a boulder, then maybe that's the time to just leave them to it.Not in a nasty way - just recognise that the person you are trying to help, clearly doesn't actually want you to help - in that moment they're just venting.

I just don't see much point in pushing it in that situation - the person venting ends up feeling under attack and so does the person trying to help them.

Everybody ends up feeling like a bag of shite and for no gain.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:08 PM   #1687
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

That is true but let me be annoying and state it another way.

The most sexist thing that I have ever said, but will continue to say anyway, is:

Women WORRY about problems. Men SOLVE them.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:17 PM   #1688
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I try to Don't Worry, but, I'm still working on Be Happy.

Whoever is doing it, worrying doesn't do anything. If you can get by without it, well, it's just one less thing to do.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:02 PM   #1689
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Worry motivates me to solve problems. That is to day, when I have anxiety, I worry on how to eliminate it.

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:47 PM   #1690
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
I got thrown out of a bar in New York City.

Words were exchanged, and Billy Joe Badass decided to throw hands. He didn't connect, either time. The guy what runs the joint told Billy Joe to leave and not come back. He told me to leave and come back tomorrow.
Get this happy horse shit:

When I got to the bar yesterday evening (I'd been sitting at the bar literally two minutes) the manager comes around, asks how I'm doing, then asks if I'd come back to his office. In his office he proceeds to let me know he's had to ask me to leave the bar twice, and if there's third time he may have to bar me from the bar.

That shit ran right fucking all over me.

I sat there for a minute. I was kinda stunned, to be honest. I grew up with this fellow after all. We're pretty close to being actual friends, and I don't got a lot of them.

He asked me "What're ya thinkin'?"

I said "I've had to defend myself from physical assault at least twice in this establishment. I'm thinking that the next time I have to defend myself from assault in your establishment I might just take the ass-beating. [I can take an ass-beating, too. Lots of experience.] Call the cops. To the bar. And then sue this place out of existence for not providing a safe environment for its patrons. Drag everybody into court, waitresses/witnesses, managers, bartender/witnesses, owners. There are no bouncers. There is no security. There are security cameras, which will prove anything in court, including me defending myself."

His turn to be stunned for a minute. I get where he's coming from, don't get me wrong. But he's not threatening/punishing the right guy in this situation, he's threatening/punishing the guy that's available.

So now I don't feel like I can spend my money there w/a good conscience. And that's pissing me off. That doesn't hurt Mr. Manager, he gets paid the same if I'm there or, not. The only people it hurts are me, and the lovely bartendress that won't be getting my tips. She won't miss 'em, I'm sure, but, it will be $50 bucks or so a week out of her pocket. Besides that, I like the place.

At least four times this year, I've seen the manager come up to guys sitting at the bar, and ask them to help get someone out of the bar. So, stay tuned friends and neighbors, maybe you'll get to read about me getting my ass handed to me. I know that'd make several of you happy.

Prolly sooner than later.

I think I'll change the name of the place to The Bucket O' Blood.

Old 08-17-2017, 06:10 PM   #1691
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

That sucks big time, it's not fair. Does the manager feel you're provoking these guys making you the problem?
Old 08-17-2017, 08:12 PM   #1692
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Maybe he's been hogging the bartendress' attention to the ire of other patrons.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:53 AM   #1693
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
That sucks big time, it's not fair. Does the manager feel you're provoking these guys making you the problem?
He didn't say as much, but, I kinda felt the "Trouble Magnet" sticker when he pasted it to my forehead. I really don't start shit, but, I cannot deny being a smart ass. It's a personal failing and a major character flaw. I am getting better about it, though.

Once, ONCE, this guy was really loud, talking into his phone right next to me, cussing out his wife/girlfriend/mother/daughter, I don't remember what it was about, but I asked him "What'd she say?" after he paused his ranting, and then a minute laterI asked "What'd she think about that?". Dude told me to mind my own business, in those exact words. Then I responded with "Then quit hollering your business into my ear and all over the bar."

That's what started that one.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:08 AM   #1694
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Plus, the numbers work against me. I'm there literally 3 - 7 days a week. Since the place opened. So odds are something's gonna happen involving yours truly sooner or later. A lot of those times I was first one in, and last one out, too.

Not once has any trouble at all come from what I'd call 'regulars', wonderful ppl like myself who are there a lot. The trouble almost always has been the ppl stopping in off the interstate, or ppl who rarely come in.

Oh, and there was a screaming fit Baby had in there once. It was directed at me in return for some perceived slight or another. It happened there because that's where I was when she found me. Heh, she called me everything but a white man that night, good times.

That's prolly not good for business.

It ain't just me, either, I've seen a lot of shit go, or almost go down there. And the other couple bars in town, too. It's like...shit happens in bars.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:13 AM   #1695
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

All this bar talk and fighting talk's got me all het up, now.

Ima go beat off to Roadhouse.

Tags
limburger