The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 06-04-2017, 09:12 AM   #31
Snakeadelic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibby View Post
Oh, and David Bowie and Mick Jagger's cover of Dancing in the Streets.
The only excuse I've been able to come up with for that one is a blend of "they had contract issues to deal with" and "well, there was that time Jagger's sig-o of many years caught them naked in bed together..."

Altho' I wasn't wild about the Van Halen cover either.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 09:16 AM   #32
Snakeadelic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Surely you are making this up, nobody would let Lauper try that, would they?
NINE MONTHS after the fall of the Berlin Wall, Roger Waters of Pink Floyd put together what is still one of the most ambitious outdoor concerts ever. Today it'd take 2 years to plan and fall apart before the first rehearsal!

The Wall Live At The Wall. Thomas Dolby, members of The Band, Bryan Adams (rockin like the 80s never let him), The Scorpions, Joan Baez doing 'Goodbye Blue Skies' still gives me goosebumps, and of course a zillion others I can't remember offhand.

It's on DVD. Cyndi did a surprisingly good live take on her part! Sinead O'Connor, who sang 'Mother', not so much...and if you watch the extras, you'll discover in one of the interviews that Roger Waters does NOT like her.
Old 06-04-2017, 09:41 AM   #33
Snakeadelic
Banned

Hey, not that it's the WORST cover ever but possibly one of the weirdest...anyone else ever see the video for Pet Shop Boys covering 'You Were Always On My Mind', guest starring Joss Ackland.

This is Joss Ackland:
http://tinyurl.com/yambqalr

If he looks familiar in a "creepy military/diplomat" way, my 3 favorites from his acting career are performances in Lethal Weapon 2, The Hunt For Red October, and, if you're into good movies made from true stories, Citizen X.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:37 PM   #34
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeadelic View Post
Having grown up listening to Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band, I have this to say...

I will NEVER forgive Metallica.
Then I'll bet you do NOT want to hear Queensryche's cover of Scarborough Fair. I like it, but I love Queensryche.

I can see where a Seger purist wouldn't like Metallica's cover of Turn The Page, but I really like it. But, then again, I love Metallica.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote