The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Old 09-24-2004, 04:30 PM   #1
Griff
still says videotape

What's for Dinner?

I'm making pork chops. Brown them in the skillet hit them with black pepper then dump a can of mushroom soup +water over them and slow cook for a couple hours. Serve with baked potatoes and use that gravy!
Old 09-24-2004, 07:26 PM   #2
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I made fried-egg-tomato-and-cheese sandwiches. My husband's sick and he said it was the one thing that didn't make him nauseous just thinking about it.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 07:50 PM   #3
perth
Strong Silent Type

Quesadillas. Quick, easy, and a good base preparing myself for a night of drunken debauchery on the town.
perth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 08:33 PM   #4
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Toasted Cheese and Bacon Sandwich, on Pumpernickel. With leftover coleslaw and a handful of cashews.

Tea for afters.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 09:46 AM   #5
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Pizza Hut pizza for two, half and half, Pepsi and cheese breadsticks on the side.
Old 09-25-2004, 10:58 AM   #6
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Pizza Hut pizza for two, half and half, Pepsi and cheese breadsticks on the side.

OHHHH... the pizza had half one kind of topping and half another! That's much better than drinking half-and-half with your dinner...
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 01:12 PM   #7
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Chinese! BBQ spare ribs and beef fried rice. Orange Capri Sun to wash it all down.

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 02:03 PM   #8
jane_says
Colonist Extraordinaire

I'm not sure yet. We had Chinese takeout night before last, and there's shrimp with garlic sauce and eggrolls left. Last night we had take-out pizza (so sue me! It's been a rough week and I've been tired every night). As I speak, the other half is eating honey-roasted turkey breast and dangerously sharp cheddar on potato rolls, and I'm drinking Cape Cods by the gallon. The kids are gone with their grandparents to the fall festival at school, and spending the night with them tonight. So I'm not cooking today either.

Vodka and cranberry juice. It's what's for dinner.
jane_says is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 04:26 PM   #9
Griff
still says videotape

Halupke and margaritas
Old 09-25-2004, 10:20 PM   #10
alphageek31337
Enemy Combatant/Evildoer

green peppers and scrambled eggs, fried together in olive oil, between two thick slices of breadworks tuscan loaf...that's all you need

oh, and a vodka martini with a lemon wedge as an apertif, one up with no garnish with the meal, and one on the rocks with olive garnish as a digestif
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

---Friedrich Nietzsche
alphageek31337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 02:07 PM   #11
Chewbaccus
Freethinker/booter

Cafeteria chicken patty sandwich and/or cheeseburger, fries, pizza, Diet Pepsi. The chicken/burger is the default, every so often they make an attempt at real food that I eat for the novelty of it.

I've been on a crusade to get them to change the menu listing over the Italian section to just read "egg noodles" and "ketchup". What they call veal parmigiana? One of those On-Cor Redi-Serve pre-cooked veal patties with some white cheese, sause, and parsley on top. I couldn't have made that up if I tried.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:22 PM   #12
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff
Halupke and margaritas
Okay...I have to ask...what are Halupke?

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 06:18 PM   #13
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagney
Okay...I have to ask...what are Halupke?
Polish food, I think. Hamburger, pork, nnstuff wrapped in cabbage cooked in tomato sauce. Pete snuck a little hot sausage in the meat. Its much better than it reads.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:47 PM   #14
jane_says
Colonist Extraordinaire

I make a completely Americanized version of that with ground beef, rice, tomato sauce and spices rolled up into cabbage leaves. It's everyone's favorite at my house and I make it about twice a month evne though it's kind of time-consuming. I usually make two big pans of it at a time and freeze one. Week before last I made it when the inlaws came over, with parslied potatoes, sauteed zucchini and onions, yeast rolls and banana pudding. I'm still about to suffocate. My seven-year-old daughter ate three (!) in one sitting.

Now I'm jonesing for cabbage rolls.
jane_says is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 06:49 PM   #15
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

Oooh we call those Polutchkis

And i make a huge pan of them every November....you're welcome to come up Jane

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote