The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 02-15-2014, 04:48 PM   #196
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

I had a dream about you guys, yes, you guys as in y'all, as in lots of the Cellar people in it. I totally wanted to post about it, but, umm....uh....nopes, couldn't come up with a good excuse other than the truth that I was too lazy to look for this thread to post in. Anyways, I forgot the details by now but the gist of it is that we were all coming to visit Alianthia. YES! A bunch of us, me included, were there to visit Ali except she was away and took her sweet time to come home although she knew a all these wonderful Cellerites came to her home all the way in Aussie to visit her. Hihi.....Anyways, just to name a few, I remember there was Dana, Limey, Sundae, Undertoad, Bruce (of course because I think of Bruce often ), Jim, ummm......and that's all I could remember at the moment. I'm sure there was more. Anyways, my point is that we all came to Aussie to visit Aliantha.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 04:58 PM   #197
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

No wonder I've been so tired! Jetlag.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:34 PM   #198
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I wish you all would! That would be awesome.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:07 PM   #199
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

I was the stowaway in the wheelwells of the jet (like in The Fifth Element). No way would I be left behind on a Cellar visit to Ali.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:59 PM   #200
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Last night, monster came to me in a dream. lol. I know, right? Anyway, i had this house on a big block of land and she wanted to go for a run, so i took her to the verandah and showed her the perimeter. We agreed it was about a 3 km run. Also, there was something in there to do with max that i was nervous about but cant remember that part now.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:00 AM   #201
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I dreamed of Undertoad. He was talking/ posting about Sam Allardyce being one of his heroes. Because Allardyce is the Manager of Sheffield Wednesday, where UT lived until he was a teenager, although I'd forgotten that up until that point.

Of course in real life Sam Allardyce is the (reasonably) long term Manager of West Ham, and UT did not live in England that long. I can't remember whether the Sheffield part is accurate, but given the rest of the misinformation I suspect not...
Old 02-26-2014, 11:12 PM   #202
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Sheffield yes, but strictly a United supporter while I was there. Solely because my best mate in the third form told me to support SUFC, but that's plenty reason when you're 14.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:09 AM   #203
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Wow, despite the rest of it being dream-nonsense I must have internalised that fact somewhere along the line.

Then again, that's the sort of scatter-gun "truth" that psychics rely on; lots of gibberish but you only remember the one thing they threw into the mix that was right
Old 04-04-2014, 01:23 AM   #204
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I told Monster to fuck off last night.
I held back, bit my tongue, didn't respond for a long time, but in the end I just lost it.

I was making a dish for the practical aspect of my GCSE Food & Nutrition exam. I thought I'd been quite innovative, but as I worked on it I slowly realised that really all it was was rashers of bacon pressed into a loaf tin. Monster knew this, she was delighting in pointing it out. Bitch. I was surprised to see she was quite a bit older than me; as old as 19 by my guess. I wasn't surprised by the fact she was tall and slim, and mixed race. I knew that she was acting all superior because... Well because she was, so she could.

I was trying to get ideas from Limey as to what I could serve with it, but she kept making meat-based suggestions. Not helpful, as Monster was gleefully pointing out.

Anyway, the reason I snapped was because she got in my way and I nearly dropped the whole thing on the floor.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:05 AM   #205
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Glad to be of assistance!

Sent by thought transference
Old 04-04-2014, 07:20 AM   #206
glatt

Asparagus, Sundae. You can always serve asparagus with it, assuming it's in season.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:01 AM   #207
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
I was surprised to see she was quite a bit older than me; as old as 19 by my guess. I wasn't surprised by the fact she was tall and slim, and mixed race.
That bit did for me. Choked on coffee.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:55 AM   #208
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by limey View Post
Glad to be of assistance!
Well you were obviously there because you offered help in real life.
I can only assume your help was meat-based because I've cooked meat for you and Mr Limey; it certainly didn't reflect the exceptionally practical and helpful offer you made IRL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Asparagus, Sundae. You can always serve asparagus with it, assuming it's in season.
Sparrowgrass with bacon? Sounds... sexy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
That bit did for me. Choked on coffee.
I'm pleased.
Old 04-12-2014, 02:53 PM   #209
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Last night I met Dani in Southend (English seaside resort).
I worried at various points during the dream because it looked just like Great Yarmouth. Well of course it did, becauses my dreaming mind drew on years of memories of Gt Yarmouth as opposed to one holiday in Southend.

I arrived by train and Dani came by bike.
We went to look for the hotel - I had a letter confirming my booking but it didn't have a full address for it. We went back into the station and a man in uniform shouted at us for taking our discs off. He threatened us that we wouldn't be able to join the travel group if we didn't have them on. Now I knew we were not in an off-limits part of the station, and it was his mistake to identify us a recalcitrant part of a group, but I deliberately said nothing, because why should I?

I felt bad when I got outside though. Dani showed me where he'd poked her hands, and she had a sore on the back of each one. She said if she touched it I'd be able to see it bubbling under the skin. I had to look away.

Anyway, she had her Nana with her.
And I had Diz.

Bruce wandered up as Dana sank down on her haunches and started crying wearily.
He told her to pull herself together but she said she was so worried about her Nana, who was so old and had travelled such a long way and we (meaning me) didn't even know where we were going.

Bruce said that was part of both growing up and growing old and get used to it.

I phoned home, hoping to get Mum to do a google search on the hotel for me, as it seemed to have a G2 postcode [Glasgow] but got a recorded message from her friend Breda [deceased] about how they were preparing for a Noel Coward Appreciation Brunch and couldn't come to the phone.

Dream ended with us getting into a taxi the size of a little double decker bus; like the ones you get on roundabouts, but adult sized. He said the reason there was an E postcode - as it was now - was because it was closer to Eastbourne than Southend. He was heading North-East, but would take us to our hotel on the way back. Six adults (somehow) bags and a bike for £15 and £5 for the cat.

I know where the most important aspects of that dream come from.
Going to bed worried, dreaming stressful and waking up to worry isn't great though.
I spit on people who say dreams are a filter and help us deal with reality.

Well, not deliberately. I only ever spit by accident, and it's really embarrassing.

Last edited by Sundae; 04-12-2014 at 03:00 PM.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 05:42 PM   #210
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
... Dream ended with us getting into a taxi the size of a little double decker bus ... Six adults (somehow) bags and a bike for £15 and £5 for the cat.
You know, in dreams you can have the cat ride the bike behind the bus and save yourself £5!
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote