Old 12-23-2016, 04:25 AM   #12121
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Truly a WTF?
Attached Images

Old 12-24-2016, 05:02 PM   #12122
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

That could have went in the Brilliance in Advertising thread.

It definitely catches the eye.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 10:59 PM   #12123
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

It's a colt!
Old 12-25-2016, 03:07 PM   #12124
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Vurry nize. Didn't know that one.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:15 AM   #12125
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
That could have went in the Brilliance in Advertising thread.

It definitely catches the eye.
Totally for advertising only. Brilliant! Apparently this is a "thing" There were a bunch of them - all seemingly I'm guessing in Europe/Germany.
Attached Images

Last edited by classicman; 12-28-2016 at 10:19 AM. Reason: add image.
classicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 03:40 PM   #12126
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
Totally for advertising only.

Old 12-28-2016, 11:58 PM   #12127
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Not unlike the Red Bull Mini Coopers
Old 12-29-2016, 02:51 PM   #12128
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Pop the tab for additional braking?

Old 12-29-2016, 03:21 PM   #12129
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Pop the tab for additional braking?
Or elevation, I hear it gives you wings.
Old 12-29-2016, 03:27 PM   #12130
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Old 12-30-2016, 08:52 AM   #12131
Snakeadelic
Banned

There used to be a used-car lot in Everett, Washington (or the general vicinity) whose claim to fame was a Yugo they'd modified to look like a 1970s-80s home phone, the push-button style rather than rotary dial. They even had a giant headset/ear-mouth piece/whatever that was called welded onto the roof and doors, and I think their phone number was written on it. Wish I'd been able to get a pic of THAT while living in the area!
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 09:08 AM   #12132
Snakeadelic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
There is a road in western Virginia, I forget which now, that is very prone to blinding fog. I was caught on it one foggy evening, totally blind, no place to pull over and stop. I was afraid of going over the edge of the road and down the steep hill when suddenly, lights similar to runway marking lights came on alongside the road, enabling me to see where I was going enough to get out of the fog belt and back to safety.

Bless whomever put those there and whomever turned them on for me!
I think I've seen that road in a documentary about disasters. Something like a 100+ vehicle pileup? No, wait, that might have been in Tennessee.

Yep, 12-11-90. From MentalFloss:

Just after 9AM, on a stretch of I-75 in Tennessee, dense fog blanketed the highway and led to a 70-car pile-up. There had been warning signs posted but conditions deteriorated too quickly for them to help motorists. The wreckage stretched for a half mile and caused 13 fatalities. The car fires added to the chaos and 33 different fire companies responded to the call. Survivors say that it sounded like endless bombs and gunshots going off as one car after another plowed into the mess. Tennessee has since installed an improved fog warning system with fog sensors that can change the read out on highway signs to alert motorists and also close on-ramps to prevent pile-ups. Reflective markers and flashing lights were also installed to help guide cars stuck in fog.
Old 12-30-2016, 09:53 AM   #12133
Snakeadelic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
How could anyone think girls would wear this to work?
The same way anyone could think that surgically augmented boobs that appear to have been filled with helium balloons is anything but a medical abomination? Or is that just me?

...And the occasional 80s hair metal band member, at least one of whom (now deceased, I believe--it was the bassist from Slaugher iirc) admitted to literally bolting out of his motel room to barf after seeing a badly-done, scarred-up boob job on the groupie he'd brought back with him.

Some women will literally do ANYTHING to have bigger breasts. My sweetie had an ex who dumped him because all of his (like 5) female friends had bigger ta-tas and she was SURE he was cheating with at least 1 of 'em on account of her measly li'l C-cups.
Old 12-30-2016, 09:58 AM   #12134
Snakeadelic
Banned

Also, about the electric bra thing...as has been proven by the nightmare of a genetic disease in horses known by its initials, HYPP, constant minor muscle spasms will cause building up of muscle mass. In the American Quarter Horse, a stallion named Impressive is responsible for a 40-year trend of breeding for a potentially lethal genetic defect that happened to make a horse look better in the conformation show ring, where heavy muscle bulk is highly sought after.

The bra would work on a woman's pectoral muscles the same way--constant tiny shocks = constant tiny spasms = bigger muscle, which will very slightly enlarge breasts. Provided the electrical delivery system functioned properly and didn't electrocute the wearer.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:23 AM   #12135
Snakeadelic
Banned

In response to the 'small world' conversation, I have a couple of WTF stories I only wish I could illustrate with images.

About 5 years ago, I was in Post Falls, Idaho at a little rock/gem shop, chatting with the owner. He starts talking about how back in the late 70s n early 80s he and friends would save up a few bucks, get a cheap motel room in Lincoln City, Oregon during the week, beachcomb like crazy for a couple of days, and then set up a table near Mo's Restaurant in Taft, the south end of LC. They would sell the shells and agates they'd found to tourists who had not been so lucky at beachcombing, which was a pretty common practice back then. I very innocently ask if he ever remembered seeing a little girl with braids running around with a slightly older boy. He said he did, whereupon I grinned and told him "That was me and Jason. My dad was the head cook at Mo's and Jason's dad was the restaurant manager." Guy almost had a heart attack.

1991 and I'm working at Arby's in Keizer (north Salem), Oregon. We get a new manager in from another store, a fella named Stan Kuchas (pronounced koo-chass). Something about Stan just kept bugging at me, and finally it occurred to me that when I was really little I might not have heard the names of my dad's friends and coworkers quite clearly. So one day I'm slapping sandwiches together and Stan has the register and I ask during a quiet minute if he has kids. Yep, two boys, both in college. I ask if one's name is...Jason. Stan says yes. I ask if Jason's right around 22 years old. He looks up at me through the sandwich slide with these HUGE eyes and asks "Just who the hell are you???" So I ask if he remembers a guy named Rico that used to work at Rustlers Steakhouse in Portland and then Mo's in Taft. Stan says he does. "I'll tell him you say hi if you like. I'm his daughter, the one that used to run all over Taft with Jason while you guys worked together at Mo's." In 1981, for the record. Stan just about hyperventilated; when I was a kid I'd thought his last name was Couch, pronounced "cooch" just like Couch Street in downtown Portland, Oregon.

Most recently, I started a new Twitter account for the express purpose of tracking the professional activities of some of my favorite musicians. No profile pic, no info other than my name. This lady pops up outta nowhere and asks if I'm from Oregon. I check her out...stay-at-home mom of 2, lives in Hawaii, infrequent posts, nothing suspicious, so I answer yep and ask if she is too. She answers with yep, and went to GRADE SCHOOL with a girl who had my same name...in Lincoln City...Oceanlake Elementary...Mr. Augustine's 6th-grade class.

OMFG you guys--she's got me 100% nailed and we have not seen each other since we watched the fucking Challenger explode on live closed-circuit tv, with 3 classrooms of kids around each set! I've been recognized in some weird situations by people I never expected to see or hear from again, but holy shit THE CHALLENGER DISASTER was the last time I'm sure we were in the same airspace!!!

I know it happens to other ppl, but that seems pretty high on the WTF scale.

Last edited by Snakeadelic; 12-30-2016 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Added an important detail.

Tags
humor