Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 08-31-2015, 12:51 PM   #271
it
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
That's more than women were offered within marriage for the span of years Dana was writing about.
...The same was true for either genders, a spouse of either genders not getting some was socially treated as a crime (though legal consequences varied - usually it was just grounds for divorce).

Treating this as a gender only issue only proves to demonstrate that while giving lip service to equality, at it's core feminism is an expression of gender-exclusive empathy and about placing the well being of one gender above the other. And it has won - this is what we do as a society - both men and women care more about women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
If a woman has sex with a man without consent it is a serious sexual assault (by law).
Depends actually - in practice it's almost never gets prosecuted, especially when you consider the study I linked and use it as as a measurement for how frequent rape by women actually is.

Last edited by it; 08-31-2015 at 12:57 PM.
it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 01:49 PM   #272
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceur View Post

As of the 31st of august 2015, rape by women is still not legally considered rape. You are complaining that the legal definition of rape by males is too narrow, when the legal definition of rape by females is non existent and offers little to no legal protection at all.
Not so. I am complaining that our definition of rape is too narrow and that consent is an issue that needs to be discussed. I also, as it happens, think that the lack of recognition, in law and in society, of rape against male victims and rape by female perpetrators (as indeed with domestic abuse) is appalling and in urgent need of redress.

I must admit, those stats are new to me. I was always under the impression that number of male victims of rape and sexual assault were significantly lower than that of female victims - still far too many of them, and probably more than the figures would be able to reflect. I also was under the impression that male victims of rape were more likely to have been raped by male perpetrators.

I'd need to take a closer look at the article. I'm mildly suspicious - then again, I am mildly suspicious of the figures from the end of the extreme that make it seem like every other woman has been assaulted. This despite the fact that a majority of the women I know in my life have experienced sexual assault of some kind.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:07 PM   #273
it
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
I'd need to take a closer look at the article. I'm mildly suspicious - then again, I am mildly suspicious of the figures from the end of the extreme that make it seem like every other woman has been assaulted. This despite the fact that a majority of the women I know in my life have experienced sexual assault of some kind.
It comes down to the same problem of determining whether the surveyed were honest and whether there was some selection bias.

There is a definite need for peer review, which we have for sexual assault by males on females and some by male on male but very little in female on male and none when it comes to female on female (And I know victims of this personally, so it's definitely there). Specifically peer review that uses the same definitions reliant on non-consent and asks about the acts themselves.

I also think we'd get better results and less of a selection bias if it was part of a larger study, perhaps including the questions in a survey about crime or heath or dating culture, and not with taglines like "National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey ".

Last edited by it; 08-31-2015 at 02:42 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:22 AM   #274
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Equality?
Attached Images

Old 09-01-2015, 04:36 PM   #275
it
Banned

Oh, we're doing that? Sure, I can go with that....

Ah, nostalgia... Did not used to feel this lame.

Last edited by it; 09-01-2015 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:34 PM   #276
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

That domestic violence in the UK is from a place where they define yelling as violence, if the yelled at complains :haha
Old 09-01-2015, 05:50 PM   #277
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I think you have the cellar confused with facebook.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:53 PM   #278
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
This despite the fact that a majority of the women I know in my life have experienced sexual assault of some kind.
christ how dya think I feel? I felt a girl's tit from behind in 3rd form age 14 without her consent

and now it turns out i'm a rapist
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 06:05 PM   #279
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I know how you feel. brought flowers, took her to Stokesay Castle way up in Reading for a meal that was 70% of my paycheck, she ordered very expensive wine, got back to her place, played kissy face, got naked, and she passes out. WTF?
I didn't go to jail, although I may go to hell, but call me what you want, I ate it and I'm glad, hear me, glad.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:13 PM   #280
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

rapist
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:38 PM   #281
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Trapist? I ain't even Catholic.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:29 PM   #282
it
Banned

Hey at least you remember most of it.

I unconsciously raped someone from which I remember about 2 seconds of me waking up to her riding me before I passed out again, but hey, she was pissed drunk too and I'm the dude, so... Thank you feminism.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:00 PM   #283
it
Banned

Ok fuck it, I am opening this shit up.

On the surface, feminists can quote the dictionary definition and thus claims feminism is inherently against such things because they are unequal. In practice, it is CAUSING them.

Take this one:

Personally, I relate to this. i am a 6'4 foot man and was physically abused by my wife on a weekly basis because I refused to lay a finger on her. I did not get help, and I probably would have been arrested myself if I tried.

Whenever someone posts one of these kind of posters in public:

You see it, and so do little kids. About half of those kids are going to grow up to be men, raised with such a vilification of violence against women that they'll be psychologically locked from defending themselves if needs be, and a smaller portion of these kids will be cops, which is how you create this:

To be raised and brainwashed to not defend yourself even when getting beaten because its from a women, institutions staffed by people who think one problem is more important then the other, not to mention raising policy makers to create the ridicules situation which is the state of shelters. This is the position every single one these kind of campaigns are putting our boys in.

You can not defend only members of one group without enabling it to do the very thing it is defended from with no risk of retaliation. You can not make an issue gender-exclusive without enabling systematic gender-based exploitation. You are not merely "solving half the problem", You are creating more of it, in gross mutated form ...And feminism does this to fucking everything, including these very campaigns.

There are many things that say one thing but demonstrate the other. I.E:
"I am such a mess, sometimes I don't even use coasters while drinking" <- says your a mess, but demonstrates your a neat freak.
"I give so much to others and don't get enough in return" <- says your a giving person, demonstrates that you view it as trading.
"I am sorry, but.." <- No, no you aren't.

Feminism has evolved to be among those things. You can not fight for gender equality while fighting to define it within a a framework that requires the complete and absolute discriminating against any perspective or experience outside that of your own gender.

Last edited by it; 09-01-2015 at 11:18 PM.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:59 AM   #284
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Supposedly to prove a female surfers can be both accomplished and sexy.
But I wonder why the two can't stand on their own? Would she feel the need to climb a mountain, drive a race car, or parasail, in a little black dress?

Old 09-09-2015, 11:26 AM   #285
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

That looks ludicrous.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
once an asshole