The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2017, 06:14 PM   #46
sexobon
^it sings^
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
In your first sentence, you say some people go into business for "reasons other than profit." Your words.

Therefore, businesses aren't always for profit. Obviously, the profit has to be part of it if they want to keep operating. But there can be other reasons.
Business is about profit. THEY weren't primarily about business. They were about something else; but, needed the business for its profit to get there. Otherwise, they wouldn't have gone the business route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I work at a law firm, and it was founded by the original partners as a place to be special compared to other law firms at the time. They wanted to surround themselves with special people who would work hard but also enjoy each other's company. Build a reputation. Make a decent place to work. The purpose of that business they made was to make a living, not to make a profit. They have all retired, and the "business is for profit" jerks have taken over running the place. It sucks now.
If they got any kind of retirement benefits out of it, including the employer's contribution to Social Security, they had profit sharing. Sounds like the people running it now want theirs up front. Perhaps they don't think that retiring from there is a viable option for them anymore.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:00 PM   #47
tw
Read? I only know how to write.
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 10,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
The biggest reason for business failure is lack of profit.
Biggest reason for no profit is a total disregard for the product - almost every time. But that is impossible to learn when brainwashing is entrenched.

If a product advances mankind, then a company is probably earning a profit. If a product does not advance mankind, that company has no profit and is probably using money games to mask negative returns.

AT&T did that for decades until finally purchased by SouthWest Bell. GM has been doing that for decades. Opel is a latest example. They even shorted pension funds. Sold Hughes Electronics to cover that debt. Then did it again. Then dumped an unfunded $8 billion debt on the US government.

Radio Shack has been doing that for most of the past 20 years. Sears has been doing that for almost as long. Toshiba has been doing same. Enron was a classic example. AIG was using money games to print money - until their zero profits game came crashing down. RCA started doing that in the late 1960s. Then Jack Welsh offered Bradshaw a $2million bonus to sell RCA to GE for pennies. GE got NBC for free. Bradshaw only saw what he understood - personal profits.

Dennys did that when TW Enterprises - business school graduates - even subverted management reviews; that were completely irrelevant even to good food.

In every case - without exception - missing profits are directly traceable to a company that ignored their product ten or more years previously.

Ashton-Tate was the world's largest PC Software manufacturer. They had an Office suite long before Microsoft did. With legendary names such as dBase, Multi-Mate, and VisiCalc. Then the founder died. Ed Esber subverted product development. He began increasing profits with profit games such as new product packaging. The world's largest PC software manufacturer was in obvious trouble eight years later - especially after dBase IV set a new standard for unreliable and buggy software. Directly traceable to a boss who focused on profits - the product was only a necessary evil.

Negative profits because Ed Esber, et al ignored the only function of any company - its products.

The naive cannot post one example to support an erotic fantasy. He was told the purpose of a business was profits. Clearly it never was. The easily brainwashed will only repeat a same myth without even one honest reason or example. Knowledge requires logical thought - not masturbating the same lies.

Obviously no profit results from is a total disregard of products. Defective products, due to misguided management, created no profits less than a decade later. No examples contradict that reality. Since brainwashing does not provide facts or honesty. Just another example of a war on honest information.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:52 PM   #48
sexobon
^it sings^
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Biggest reason for no profit is a total disregard for the product - almost every time. ...
Business is about profit EVERY time.

By your own words, product may or may not result in no profit. Even then, it's really human disregard for the profit making product. Human disregard for other sound business practices may result in no profit as well. One could create a laundry list of things which, like product, can have an adverse affect profit; but, it all comes back to profit. Business is about profit EVERY time.

There are tons of businesses that do not advance mankind. They simply maintain it. Everyone here uses some of their products everyday. They are invaluable and they are quite profitable.

The examples you post are all the result of confirmation bias. That and the ridiculous conclusions you draw from them reflect the workings of a developmentally impaired mind. This precludes posting examples for your benefit as you consider any source which disagrees with you to be invalid.

All anyone else has to do is go through business bankruptcy records to find a myriad of reasons for failure to make profit other than disregard for product. I don't mean just the high profile ones that a developmentally impaired person reads about and thinks they can now pontificate on.

I'm so sorry your parents didn't get you the mental healthcare that you needed; so, you unwittingly became a propagandist like your father. Without timely intervention, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Cootchie-cootchie-coo! Cootchie-cootchie-coo!

C'mon, turn that frown upside down. You make people laugh! At least you've got that going for you.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:41 AM   #49
tw
Read? I only know how to write.
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 10,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
Business is about profit EVERY time.
And then the usual turds follow. Purpose of a business is its product. Only the extremist denies that. A company that makes good products realizes reward many years later. A company that ignores their product faces bankruptcy years later. Another example of war on information. Extremists will post lies and cheapshots incessantly to destroy knowledge - subvert honesty - because idols such as O'Reilly told him how to think. A war on honest information.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:15 PM   #50
sexobon
^it sings^
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,498
Companies that made good products have failed to realize reward later because the products were not well marketed, the costs associated with making the products went up, the anticipated market declined (recessions happen), company scandal; or, special interest groups caused a boycott of the product ... etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

Companies that ignored their products have realized substantial reward because their simple products basically sell themselves.

Only in the delusional world of developmentally impaired tw are causes and effects extrapolated to be absolute across the board. It's the ridiculously incompetent interpretation of information that not only makes what tw presents useless, the counter-presentation of information will be incompetently interpreted by tw as well. It's a function of tw's mental impairment which makes taking him seriously an exercise in futility. Likewise the paranoia that has tw seeing extremists everywhere.

The thing one can count on in business is that if the bottom line is never provided for, one will go out of business. Since there are always unforetold expenses in business (accidents happen), businesses do not strive to break even to the penny. Business is about profit.

The thing one can count on with tw is that he lacks scruples necessary to be a credible source of information. That doesn't; however, mean tw's infantile demeanor can't be entertaining.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:40 PM   #51
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 58,049
Now fellas, don't make it personal. There is no profit in that, so doomed to failure no matter how good your argument the public won't buy it.
__________________
Everything is interesting... look closer.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:51 AM   #52
tw
Read? I only know how to write.
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 10,292
Did sexobon swallow his penis again? Will somebody pull it out for him?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 12:12 PM   #53
sexobon
^it sings^
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,498
Let's take another look at tw's developmentally impaired perspective on how paying attention to business product is good for America. Cigarette producers paid a great deal of attention to product and product improvement. They made them longer, added filters, added menthol, improved packaging for freshness, and they hired tw's father to advertise for them and tell Americans how just good they were. When one brand is promoted, all brands benefit. The tw family relished in the rewards of paying attention to product and product improvement that their propaganda brought about.

The tw family attention to product has contributed to more than 480,000 deaths annually in the United States [CDC] and nearly 6 million deaths annually worldwide [CDC] due to cigarette smoking. Still, the developmentally impaired tw whines about others causing 60,000 total American military fatal casualties in Vietnam over 20 years and 5,000 total in the Gulf War to Mission Accomplished.

The tw family tradition of propaganda would now have Americans believe that business is about product above all else. Tw wants Americans to forget about profits so businesses will fail. Subversives are as subversives do and it gets passed down from one generation to the next, from a father who wanted harmful business to flourish in America to a son who wants beneficial business to wither. We're living in the tw family era of business propaganda directed against the hard working Americans they detest. When was the last time you got the impression that tw liked you; or, valued your opinion and wasn't just feigning interest so you'd continue to listen [rhetorical]?
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 01:06 PM   #54
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 24,850
Every so often I step back into this thread to see if there's anything interesting in here about net neutrality - and then I see it's still just Sexobon and tw waving their dicks in each other's faces.
__________________
Quote:
There's only so much punishment a man can take in pursuit of punani. - Sundae
http://sites.google.com/site/danispoetry/
DanaC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 01:20 PM   #55
Undertoad
Miserable contrarian
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Cottage of Prussia
Posts: 28,430
that's way more entertaining and informative
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 01:24 PM   #56
sexobon
^it sings^
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Every so often I step back into this thread to see if there's anything interesting in here about net neutrality - and then I see it's still just Sexobon and tw waving their dicks in each other's faces.
You're not are paying enough attention to tw ; so ...

And this isn't the net neutrality thread.

You have still time to pull a tw and edit your post after a reply.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 01:28 PM   #57
sexobon
^it sings^
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
that's way more entertaining and informative
Keep 'em entertained.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 02:11 PM   #58
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 24,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
You're not are paying enough attention to tw ; so ...

And this isn't the net neutrality thread.

You have still time to pull a tw and edit your post after a reply.
Heh. You're right it's not. *rolls eyes*



I'm sure at one point it was about something though.
__________________
Quote:
There's only so much punishment a man can take in pursuit of punani. - Sundae
http://sites.google.com/site/danispoetry/
DanaC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 02:23 PM   #59
sexobon
^it sings^
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,498
It's about tw, all your Cellar threads belong to tw.

BTW, I noticed that Freudian slip where you spelled sexobon with an upper case S and left that little pecker tw in lower case while talking about waving our dicks. I'm glad this thread is turning you on. Consider it part of the entertainment.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 07:45 PM   #60
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 58,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
The tw family attention to product has contributed to more than 480,000 deaths annually in the United States [CDC] and nearly 6 million deaths annually worldwide [CDC] due to cigarette smoking.
Oh, I didn't know the tw's did such good for mother earth. Go killers.
__________________
Everything is interesting... look closer.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.