The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > The Internet

The Internet Web sites, web development, email, chat, bandwidth, the net and society

Old 06-28-2014, 07:48 AM   #2791
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I was wondering about "where the hot springs blow". Springs, hot, or, otherwise, don't blow. They flow.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:34 AM   #2792
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...old%20faithful
That is a spring.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:39 AM   #2793
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
The Kittehs also do a bunch of other songs, like Gay Bar and Independent Woman covered by Elbow:
Old 07-03-2014, 12:25 PM   #2794
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Hidden amid the foliage and scrap metal, abandoned fleet of WWII fighter planes lie rotting in the backwoods of Ohio

They ain't lying:

Name:  planegraveyard.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  151.6 KB

Well, I don't think I saw any WWII fighters...maybe they are simply mistaken, instead of lying. Then again, maybe I'm mistaken.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:28 PM   #2795
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

Looks like a B-25, and a couple of jets, and some other junk. One mans trash is, another mans treasure.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:50 PM   #2796
Pamela
Deplorable

I simply must find out where one gets one's hands on planes like these. There is a MiG 15 and an FB-111 near my house, rotting in the weather. One of these days, I wil ask the owners where they got them.
Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:24 PM   #2797
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Scrap aluminum is $.50/pound here.

Old 07-08-2014, 03:11 PM   #2798
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Median Age Of First Marriage, by sex, and state.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:34 PM   #2799
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

There may be hope for the world yet...

Old 07-11-2014, 05:54 PM   #2800
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

As the KKK diehards are reduced, or at least the ones willing to come out, the rest of the citizens must pitch in to help them demonstrate.
Attached Images

Old 07-11-2014, 08:01 PM   #2801
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
I love this story. Thanks Grav.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:48 PM   #2802
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

There are nice people doing nice things for reasons known only to themselves, all over the world. If you aren't involved, or at least know someone who is, you probably won't hear about it unless it's a verrrrry slow news day. Sex and violence sells better than human interest.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:15 PM   #2803
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

True. All the more reason to acknowledge Gravdigr shedding light on it and thus brightening my day.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:59 PM   #2804
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
I love this story. Thanks Grav.
You are welcome.

It hit me right when I needed a good dose of good.

ETA: I particularly liked the part where the complete stranger said she was a kinder person just for having read about that girl.

Old 07-13-2014, 12:49 PM   #2805
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I was thinking about how when I look at the "train wreck" news stories, I see more of them suggested when I look at news. People have often talked about how the only news that gets reported is the awful stuff, but I wonder how the face of news today might change if people studiously avoided all the negative disaster rape horror shit and just went after positive and upbeat stories. Would we eventually see a shift in news reporting and human behavior? There was a study recently on FB that had something to do with a similar idea, if I'm not mistaken.

Along the lines of the idea that reporting school shootings and such creates copycats and glorifies the perps, the inverse should hold true. What if we put our collective attention on the positive?

Perhaps as a cellar-wide not challenge, per se, but experiment. Suppose we all decided for a week or maybe two, to consciously avoid reading or psoting any train-wreck type news and instead focused on what is great? Not in a glurgy or make me gag pollyanna way, but sincerely good stuff.

I'd be really curious to read how that might affect us individually and as a group. What if all the "What I'm pissed off about threads were left alone and instead we started to focus on what we are grateful about?

Lately, I've begun to be really fed up with hearing complaints coming out of my mouth, I can only imagine how others must feel who are subjected to it.

Just a thought.