Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2011, 06:31 PM   #9
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIam View Post
Y
First of all, let us keep in mind that the percentage of those who do NOT pay income tax is 47%. So 53% of Americans do pay the tax. Plus, this situation is a TEMPORARY one brought about by the recession and the measures enacted to stimulate economic recovery. In a more typical year, 35 percent to 40 percent of households do not pay federal income tax. And as I and others have already reminded you, income tax is simply one of a number of taxes that people pay. It is disingenuous to state that of all taxes, only the federal income tax matters.
It matters to me because it is the only one currently under attack by Obamy and his Marxist Fucks at the Fed.

Quote:
86% percent of working households pay more in payroll taxes than in federal income tax. In fact, low- and moderate-income people pay a much larger share of their incomes in federal payroll taxes than high-income people do: taxpayers in the bottom 20 percent of the income scale paid an average of 8.8 percent of their incomes in payroll taxes in 2007, compared to just 1.6 percent for taxpayers in the top 1 percent of the income distribution.
What is important is that we all pay the same percent of our income for it to not be a wealth redistribution plan where 53% of the population is invested and 47% are not. I am sure that will change when Obama and his minions give amnesty to 35 million Demoncratic illegal aliens.

Quote:
Oh, and 20% of all taxes go to the military. So you are transferring a portion of your wealth (if you want to look at it that way, to the men and women who serve our country, giving their lives at the whim of some politician. Supporting our troops seems like the very least we can do, and I am surprised that you make no mention of this when discussing where OUR tax dollars go.
Duh... I am a retired military person....