The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 05-29-2017, 08:03 PM   #1156
monster
I hear them call the tide

Only Brits my generation knew him, but he was a huge part of our adolescent years whether we loved or hated him..
John Noakes

"Get Down, Shep!"
Old 05-30-2017, 01:10 PM   #1157
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Manuel Noriega, 'nuff said.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 11:06 PM   #1158
ctthuhuong
Banned

If you do anything and don't get something out of it, you've just wasted time. I try to learn something everyday, even if it's just hitting the "Random Article" button at Wikipedia.

"...precaffeinated stumbling..."
ctthuhuong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 07:11 AM   #1159
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
If you do anything and don't get something out of it, you've just wasted time. I try to learn something everyday, even if it's just hitting the "Random Article" button at Wikipedia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctthuhuong View Post

Hmm...

*looks over at ban hammer*

Interesting.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 07:55 AM   #1160
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I had no idea I said that.

ETA: What on Earth made you search that phrase?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:06 AM   #1161
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

For dead stuff, there's a lot of funny in this thread.

Old 06-01-2017, 08:08 AM   #1162
glatt

I searched because the post had been reported, and I investigated.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:26 AM   #1163
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

You're such a diligent Glatt.

We thank you for your service.

Old 06-01-2017, 09:45 AM   #1164
glatt

There used to be a site (Stop Forum Spam) where you could go and enter an IP address, user name, or email, and see if any other forum had reported a user as being a spammer. I went to that site to check this guy out and see that they have changed their format so now you have to install a site plugin that does it automatically. Above my pay grade.

So I just made a judgement call in this case.

But then just now for shits and giggles, I googled his user name and see that at around the same time, the guy made posts at numerous other forums. And when you go to any one of those forums and read his post and then Google search for that phrase in quotations, you see that he's just copying posts from earlier in the threads of every forum he's visiting.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:59 AM   #1165
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
*looks over at ban hammer*
*the ban hammer winks seductively*

Old 06-01-2017, 10:57 AM   #1166
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
... But then just now for shits and giggles, I googled his user name and see that at around the same time, the guy made posts at numerous other forums. And when you go to any one of those forums and read his post and then Google search for that phrase in quotations, you see that he's just copying posts from earlier in the threads of every forum he's visiting.
That user's homepage is Vietnamese. Translation of the URL indicates sales of home document printers. Probably doesn't write the lingo here well enough to post; so, cuts and pastes a few times to garner attention as a newbie before spamming with links.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 11:48 AM   #1167
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Ah, yes, the ol' lie-to-their-face-then-spam-'em-in-the-ass routine...

Old 06-05-2017, 09:04 PM   #1168
monster
I hear them call the tide

Crackin' Life, Grommit

Peter Sallis. 96
Old 06-05-2017, 09:35 PM   #1169
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Yeah, hey. Thanks glatt, for tidying up like you do. We don't often get to see the work you put in with this kind of shenanigans.

Do you, sometimes, send a suspect a PM asking if they're up to something?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:06 AM   #1170
glatt

I've never sent them a PM before. It might be amusing to see what they say, if they can even respond in English. My worry (if you can even call it that) is that they might jump right into spamming because they fear being banned, and then there would be a mess to clean up.

Tags
bought the farm, dead not loved, famous corpses, karked it, kicked the bucket, pining for the fjords, pushing up the daisies, roadkill, sleeps with the fishes, taking a dirt nap, the dead zone, worm food