Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 09-15-2020, 09:43 AM   #721
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Trumps lie of the day:

Quote:
It's getting COOLER. You just watch.
How brainwashed or uneducated is anyone who would vote for Trump? Well they do have a purpose in America .... as cannon fodder.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 10:50 AM   #722
monster
I hear them call the tide

Meanwhile, we here in MI are sure the impotus must have been having a word with his Friends at Fox about the projected path of hurricane Sally, seeing as he knows more about hurricanes than anyone. Looking forward to seeing the sharpie extension of the projected path on this evening's news...

Name:  Sally.png
Views: 383
Size:  523.0 KB
Old 09-15-2020, 03:00 PM   #723
Griff
still says videotape

Ha!
Old 09-15-2020, 04:15 PM   #724
Griff
still says videotape

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ses-joe-biden/

Policy & Ethics
Scientific American Endorses Joe Biden

We’ve never backed a presidential candidate in our 175-year history—until now

The evidence and the science show that Donald Trump has badly damaged the U.S. and its people—because he rejects evidence and science.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:32 PM   #725
tw

Trump's magic marker will again prove that a hurricane will hit Alabama. He lies so incessantly that he will eventually get something right.

Why are Trump supporters in the Cellar so silent? Embarrassed?

UG - why are you not insulting people because Trump's lies are so egregious?

Maybe they also believed other liars, such as Cheney, who proved Saddam had WMDs. We are talking about what some people call "news". And what liars (KKK, White Supremacists, and Nazis) call "alternative facts".
Old 09-15-2020, 08:36 PM   #726
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Your ELECTION-20 vaccine is ready...

TRUMP WINS! PRESIDENT REELECTED!

This psychological vaccination will reach peak effectiveness in approximately 45 days and continue to keep your mental outlook healthy thru the holidays.

The ELECTION-20 vaccine is categorized as a Toxoid type vaccine and boosters may be required for ongoing protection.

This is a kindness.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 06:21 PM   #727
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transfer of power.

Cite: everywhere, really.

My astonishment and outrage circuits have been overloaded so long that naked broadcasts of authoritarian intent like this should provoke a stronger response than I've experienced. It sounds bad. It is bad. It really is the advance warning, explicit and plain and direct, of what would be a constitutional crisis. The most un-American act possible by a sitting President. Yet I do not know how to respond.

Nothing seems productive or worthwhile or effective. I can't ignore it, I can't escape it; it's bullshit, *obviously*, but even bullshit pollutes the air around it even if you don't step in it. It is an act of war on our democracy, our (well armed) democratic republic. And people believe his shit! Their brains are dying, needlessly, because of their acceptance of his words, like "injecting poison into their bodies, it kills in, like, a minute". I grieve for the lost sensibilities of my fellow Americans.
Old 09-26-2020, 07:07 AM   #728
sexobon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
... Yet I do not know how to respond. ...

... I grieve for the lost sensibilities of my fellow Americans.
Vote for Trump so he'll win reelection and you won't have to worry about a transfer of power. GO FORTH AND GRIEVE NO MORE.
Old 09-28-2020, 06:23 AM   #729
Griff
still says videotape

https://apnews.com/article/election-...%20Subscribers

I feel like this is another misread of Trump voters.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The bombshell revelations that President Donald Trump paid just $750 in federal income taxes the year he ran for office and paid no income taxes at all in many others threaten to undercut a pillar of his appeal among blue-collar voters and provide a new opening for his Democratic rival, Joe Biden, on the eve of the first presidential debate.

I don't think anyone really suspects he was a great businessman. He is getting away with being a conman. That's where the love comes from. He is sticking it to The Man whoever that is.

To other voters, the magnitude of his debt might be a cause for concern.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:08 AM   #730
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I totally agree. They actually admire it when the rich & powerful get away with stuff because they dream of getting away with stuff when they are rich & powerful, too.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:06 AM   #731
monster
I hear them call the tide

turded.
Old 09-28-2020, 02:43 PM   #732
tw

Even Al Capone would admire The king of corruption - Trump.

He even kept replacing Attorney Generals until he found one that would protect him.

As we all known, the Attorney General is suppose to work for America - and not for the President.
Old 09-28-2020, 05:13 PM   #733
sexobon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
... He is sticking it to The Man whoever that is.
Now that he is The Man, he's been sticking it to himself by making himself donate his $400,000 annual Presidential salary for the past 3 years at $100,000/quarter.

Quote:
Recent salary donations go to the Health Department

... The Constitution doesn't allow the president to reject his earnings, which originally forced George Washington to accept the first presidential salary, so Trump began donating his salary quarterly in April 2017. The first $100,000 went to the National Park Service, and since then, he has donated to various federal departments.

Most recently, Trump donated the last two quarters of his 2019 salary and his first quarter of his 2020 salary to the Department of Health and Human Services. The department is working on two issues that Trump designated for the funds: the opioid crisis and COVID-19.

The Associated Press reported on Nov 26, 2019 that Trump's 2019 third-quarter salary went to the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Health, an operating agency within HHS. The funds were earmarked for "the ongoing fight against the opioid crisis."

Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany tweeted on March 3, 2020, that Trump's 2019 fourth-quarter salary was being donated to the HHS to support the department's efforts to "confront, contain, and combat #Coronavirus." The tweet also featured a picture of Trump's check to the office from January.

The 2020 first-quarter salary donation was mentioned briefly by the press secretary at a press conference on May 22, 2020. McEnany said the first quarter would again be going to HHS, this time to "develop new therapies for treating and preventing COVID-19 so that we can safely reopen."

In a tweet, Judd Deere, the deputy press secretary, confirmed that Trump's first-quarter 2020 salary will be going to HHS for "the development of new therapeutics to treat #COVID19 infections." ...
Old 09-28-2020, 05:18 PM   #734
Griff
still says videotape

lol

https://qz.com/74138/new-watered-dow...s-to-be-loved/
Old 09-28-2020, 06:35 PM   #735
Diaphone Jim
Junior Master Dwellar

https://truthout.org/articles/tax-re...6-d4b9d2717372

A good summary.

I just watched a few minutes of old Apprentice shows on Youtube.
I plain old never saw one before and they are worse than I imagined.
What an ignorant, arrogant fool.
Diaphone Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheesecake