The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 05-02-2013, 07:36 AM   #1
bbro
Insert witty comment here

Insanity

Some time last month, a friend and I made a deal that we would both do the Insanity workout. Unfortunately, she is one that actually follows through - lol. She is dropping off the month 1 discs for me today. I am nervous as heck about it. I think that knowing she is doing it will keep me motivated (hopefully). Tonight I am going to do the Fit Test to see just how bad I am.

Wish me luck!!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Luck. Much luck - I admit it sounds grim to me!

I've been doing ski exercises to tone my legs.
I get aerobic exercise every day, but no real toning, unless you count hefting my fatty cat about.

So I'm doing the squats and lunges I did before I went skiing.

Me, apres ski in France... yeah okay, I just like the photo. But I am feeling the benefit from the exercises.
Attached Images

Old 05-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #3
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Good luck, Bbro! Don't get scared. The second week will be easier. Take it on your own pace. If you get too tired, just make the movements, no matter how small. I just started again and today is my second day. Bbro, check in everyday. That will make you more accountable, so you'll make yourself workout. Eat clean or healthier and you'll see results in a month! :thumbup:
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #4
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Sundae: squats are good. Do the plank to tone your core, and do push-ups to tone you upper body. That's all you need to do. :wink:
Old 05-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #5
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

No idea about plank (!?) and push-ups are a long way in the future... I'd have to have Arnie's arms to lift this body-weight. even now.

But I do appreciate the advice and am going to keep with the squats til I lose more fat.
I can't wait to post a pic of me in my new dress.

And you... Well each to his own and all that. But you are tiny. I can't think of any way to describe you that won't sound racist or gender-diminuitive.
Lovely lickle em be that I want to gobble up like Xào tỏi.
But you go, girl. You've always made me think of a Bond heroine anyway.

I don't think I've ever seen a pic of bbro, but you go too!
We can create a fusion video. Tulip can do kick-arse and cookies, bbro can do kick-arse and outdoor cooking. And I'll just sprinkle glitter and sing Gilbert & Sullivan.

Yay us!
Old 05-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #6
bbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola Bunny View Post
Good luck, Bbro! Don't get scared. The second week will be easier. Take it on your own pace. If you get too tired, just make the movements, no matter how small. I just started again and today is my second day. Bbro, check in everyday. That will make you more accountable, so you'll make yourself workout. Eat clean or healthier and you'll see results in a month! :thumbup:
You're doing it too?? Sweet! Now I will be accountable to two people - lol. You check in too!

Sundae - planking works your core and is really challenging, but doable. Pretend like you are going to do a push up, but stop at the top and hold it, making sure your body is in a straight line. There's a plank. A modification is doing the same position, but resting on your forearms. There are also side planks - same concept, but with one arm.

There is a pic of me on here - One of the RFN threads. No idea what year, though - lol
Old 05-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #7
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Here's a YouTube link on how to do a plank. Like they said, start out with 15 seconds. Increase by 5 seconds every two days. As Bbro said, rest on your elbow rather than hands. Start this way. Once you are stronger, you can attempt the side plank.

http://youtu.be/dz0oFaVGuh4
Old 05-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #8
bbro

Looks like no insanity yet. She changed the start date. Still want to do the fitness test, but will probably wait till tomorrow, I haven't gotten much sleep the past few days. Although, I am still contemplating looking on youtube for the first workout for Saturday.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:09 PM   #9
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Bbro: yes! And here's me checking in. I did plyo cardio circuit on Monday. On Tuesday, I went on a school field trip and hiked an hour with the class. On Wednesday, I didn't feel well -- headache, body ache, weakness. So I decided to take only a 30 mins walk to get the blood flowing and get some sun. Today I did cardio power & resistance.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #10
bbro

Talked to the friend and told her that I was gonna do the fitness test. So, she said we would start on Saturday! Looks like I am working positively for her
Old 05-03-2013, 12:05 AM   #11
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Bbro, I am confused. Do you have a copy of Insanity or do you just have the Fit test DVD? It would kind of a bummer if your workout is dependent on your friend. What if she can't work out? Would it mean you won't be able to and have to wait another day to do it with her?
Old 05-03-2013, 10:51 AM   #12
bbro

I don't have a copy - she has the discs. She is going to do month 2 and give me the month 1 discs. We will be doing them separately. I am just waiting for her to drop them off, then, I am on my own - so if she can't do it, there's no excuse for me not to do it. This is her first time on month 2 and my first time ever, so she was hoping that we would be able to motivate each other.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #13
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Did cardio recovery this morning. My mom was sitting there watching me so I couldn't slack off....ugh! Anyways, I was going to offer you a copy but I guess you don't need it. If by chance in the future you'd want a copy, albeit downloaded version, let me know. Btw, I'm glad you're having me to check in also otherwise I might've been lazy this morning! Oh yeah, remember to take before and after pictures!

Last edited by Lola Bunny; 05-03-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #14
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Bbro and Lola. Thanks but no thanks.
As I said, I'm not even up to push-up standards, let alone planking?!
Crazy ladies.
I'm working on my own fitness at my own pace - which I promise is not a euphemism for being lazy.

But I'm keeping an eye on both of you.
I admire you muchly, and will keep up to date via this thread.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #15
glatt

I think planking is easier than pushups. Isn't planking where you are already up, and you just hold that position?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote