Old 05-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #31
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Plyometric cardio done!
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #32
bbro
Insert witty comment here

Thanks for the advice Lola - I am hurting today. My calves HURT! They work a little better after I move for a minute, but getting up and walking after sitting for a bit is KILLING.

I think I will wait until maybe 2-3 hours after I eat today. Hopefully that will help

PSST - I am down 4 pounds total
Old 05-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #33
bbro

I just finished. I will admit I didn't push as had as I did yesterday because it hurt so bad. I did as much as I could. My feet also hurt badly. I don't know why. I have never been able to work out pain free. I am thinking of trying to get some inserts and see if that helps.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:19 PM   #34
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbro View Post
PSST - I am down 4 pounds total
Woooohoooo!!!!!! Super wonderful! that should be an incentive for you to keep on trying. I'm glad you didn't push yourself too much today. We don't want you to get injured, do we? hmmm....I'm not sure why your feet hurt. Well, I do exercise on carpet with shoes on. I guess you can try some inserts. A lot of my shoes, running ones included, have inserts, hehe. I think I have more tips for you but I'm too exhausted at the moment. Massage those calves out and remember to drink lots of H2O!
Old 05-06-2013, 06:25 AM   #35
bbro

Well, they hurt more today. Too soon to tell if I can work out. Might have to take an involuntary rest day
Old 05-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #36
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

If your calves are hurting too much, then take a day off. Working out in that condition is counterproductive, and you may injure your muscles. Massage them with ben gay, and massage, and massage. And stretch too. Take a day or two, depending how much pain you're feeling. But rest no more than 2 days. You must use them again otherwise you'll continue to hurt for a long time. Remember to drink lots of water (to flush out toxins) and eat a banana!

Today is my rest day, but I was going to jog anyways. However, I need to make cupcakes for my nephew's teachers and clean my desk to hook up another printer, so no time!

Hope you feel better soon! Pick up where you left off in a day or two. :thumbup:
Old 05-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #37
bbro

I looked at reviews online for the Cardio Recovery work out. I think I should be able to do it with no problems. There isn't any jumping for once! lol I want to do the core exercises and stretching, but I might skip the squats.

Stretching seems to help a lot. I was thinking about it and he doesn't really stretch the calves themselves. He does all other parts of the legs, but not exclusively the calves. Well, I already added some more lower back stretching after the workout - may need to add the calves as well.

Thanks for the encouragement
Old 05-07-2013, 06:55 AM   #38
bbro

I never updated!! I ended up doing the recovery workout yesterday. I didn't do all of the squat moves - because it hurt, but still managed to burn about 200 calories.

I can walk almost normally today. I wonder if I should take an early rest and walk completely normal before going into the next workout. Today is Pure Cardo - I am guessing lots of jumping
Old 05-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #39
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Pure cardio is a killer. It's one killer set without any rest. Eek! You know, I can't remember the exercises in pure cardio although I just did it a few days ago, hehe. I don't think you should wait for you calves to be back to normal, but you should do what you're most comfortable with. Or you can give it a try and if you feel like you need another day, stop and come back tomorrow. but remember not to be over indulgent with yourself. I tend to do that, hehe. Good luck!

As for me, I haven't worked out yet.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #40
bbro

No frowny face! It's not too late - you still have lots of time

I always rest with these videos - whether there is an official rest or not - no worries there

I am definitely gonna give it a try. Dinner is a salad and workout clothes are already downstairs waiting for me. All I have to do is change and pop it in. I will post back after to let you know

Last edited by bbro; 05-07-2013 at 01:00 PM.
bbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #41
bbro

Done! I tried this time - it wasn't the legs that stopped me, but the pain in my feet. At one point, I took off my shoes, but the impact of jumping hurt my knees. AUGH! It's like I keep getting road blocks! I definitely had more in me today, but I just couldn't continue. Tomorrow, I am going to have to get to work on time and run out to Dick's Sporting Goods and see what kind of insoles I can get

I am not doing the push ups yet (can't), but I am doing the easier ones when they are called for. I figured some movement strengthening my arms is better than none. There is one exercise I skipped completely, but I forget what it is.

I am definitely improving, though, I noticed that my heart rate isn't shooting through the roof constantly anymore. Tomorrow is the first workout again - it will be interesting to see the difference - if there is one already.

I am a bit bloated right now, but I figure that might be expected considering I just finished.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #42
bbro

Went out and got some inserts for the shoes. Hopefully these will work. I also bough a high impact bra because MAN was that uncomfortable. I actually bought 2, but one is 42 dollars, so I may take it back. I will see how the other cheaper) one works out first. I may just say screw it and keep both. It's not like I can't use them, right? 100 bucks total at the sporting goods store.

How ya doin Lola?

Sundae - start that squat challenge yet?
Old 05-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #43
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Well, not yet.
I'm going more for the "ski" exercises first - where you hold the position a while, rather than the up and down. I found them hard at my fittest, and even though I've lost weight I'm still trusting 12 stone 10 to creaky knees.

Today I was doing baby lunges in the kitchen, while my veggie chilli was cooking.
I can't do full lunges, even my fitness instructor when I was at the gym discouraged it to an extent, but I'm working on them.

And I definitely feel better for it.

Give us a month and I'll start the proper challenge, photos included.
My thighs and bum are beyond redemption without surgery, but I do feel the benefit of weighing less, and making exercise more pleasureable (tolerable?) is one of them.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #44
bbro

Every little bit helps Good for you. I hate lunges. I am always afraid that my form is bad and I am gonna blow out a knee - lol. Squats are easier for me, although, I am definitely more conscious of my form now.

I want to go home now and try out my new stuff. Never been this excited to work myself into exhaustion before. Or it's the hotdogs I have planned for dinner
Old 05-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #45
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Eating too little foiled my plan to exercise yesterday. I was too weak and fatigue by evening came and couldn't squeeze in a workout as I had planned. I even forgot to do my squats and plank! So, I made sure I did my Cardio power and resistance early today. I even got to eat lots of food too, hehe. That's right, people. Remember to eat to lose weight!

Bbro, do you work out on a hard surface? I wonder why you're getting foot pain. Anyways, I hope the inserts will help. A pair of good sports bra is a very good investment.

I have lots more to say but gotta go now help clear the table to set up the train set.