The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 09-23-2014, 05:36 PM   #226
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Jeem, oh, Jeem, there's something I want you to tell me:

Does this really happen?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:13 PM   #227
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

in extreme cases, yes.

in my dealership? no.

I won't put a car out unapproved unless I'm 75% sure it will get done somehow at the payment quoted. I might need to bring them back, charge a higher rate and lower the price to offset the difference.

If a customer lies on their application, though... and the bank tried to veriffy the info and can't .....and then the customer acts the fool, yeah.... I have a tow truck company that will go hook it.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 06:59 PM   #228
monster
I hear them call the tide

hey! That kind of happened to us when we first moved here! (Same state as the story) But they didn't steal the car back, they sucked it up when we refused to go in and sign new papers for a worse deal. Maybe we were more eloquent about who had the law on their side
Old 09-26-2014, 08:20 PM   #229
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

It depends on the state. In PA, if you sign a contract with a customer, and are unable to get it funded, the customer can make their payments as agreed to the dealer, and legally keep the car. Unless they falsified info on the credit application.

When I worked in PA, we would put people out on a dealer tag, no contract signed until we had an approval. If it went beyond a week trying to get them hung, we would call them and break the bad news. If it was a bump, we would just get then in to finish the paperwork, and lay out the options available in person. I got pretty good at it. More often than not, the people were happy that we had done so much work trying to get to the deal as quoted, and understood that it was their credit that caused the change. We often reduced the price to get as close to it as we could.. But we never took losses.

At the friendly Nissan giant, the spot delivery (that's what you call this) is a rare thing. I very very rarely have to go into a deal "under water" (that means that the actual approval I have comes to a higher payment than sales quoted)

I did the first one of those in probably 3 years last week. They sold a used maxima that had been in stock for 188 days for $3033 under what they had invested in it. Then they quoted 2.99% because the customer had 706 and 708 credit scores. They failed to notice that they also had over $8900 in monthly payments on thier bureaus, and made $160k per year (13,333 monthly which is 69% debt to income.)...

I got them 3.23%, which made them angry... But then I took $150 more off the price of the car(which is what the rate bump would cost them) , which made them happy again.... then talked them into going 72 months at 4.44% with a warranty at a lower payment. Made $1100 of the loss back, and they were happy. People with $8900 in payments are clearly payment buyers. No cash down.

I predict a bankruptcy in their future.

Last edited by lumberjim; 09-26-2014 at 09:39 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:31 PM   #230
Pamela
Deplorable

Jim, what comment have ye on this?
Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 01:11 AM   #231
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

If your credit is so bad that you have to accept a cut off switch to get bought, you better make damn sure your payment is there on the due date.

It's not as though she didn't know it was in the car. Darwinism, I'm afraid. The Sins of the Father are visited upon the child. No different than her failing to put gas in the car.
Old 09-27-2014, 06:37 AM   #232
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Paraphrasing: "She had to call the lender from the gas station and plead for him to turn her car back on, in front of her kids. They were confused and scared. Finally, when she agreed to pay what she owed, he reactivated her car."

Sounds like it fucking works, no? All you have to do is pay your bills, Cinnamon. And yeah yeah, there are emergencies. The company allows for that. But again paraphrasing:

"Joe Gangbanger complained that he was only given one emergency code per month."

A. Emergency doesn't mean what you think it means.
B. You are apparently missing your payment every month. You are the douchebag here.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 08:18 AM   #233
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

^I've missed that type of post.
Old 09-27-2014, 05:02 PM   #234
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
...you better make damn sure your payment is there on the due date...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
All you have to do is pay your bills...
It boils down to just that. Pay your damn bills, and ya won't have to worry about it.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 02:10 AM   #235
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

FYI @ xoB,

I've long known about restrikes of coins and medals from original dies; but, this is the first time I've come across a restrike of a military badge from the original mold (rather than a reproduction from new ones) and it just happened to be of a Glider Badge in sterling silver: Scroll down to the description.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 10:58 AM   #236
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Interesting, marked silver too. The original has no markings or proof marks. GIs didn't have a choice.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:44 PM   #237
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

A manager I've worked with for 7 years died yesterday after a months long fight.

He had previous heart issues, and was on meds, pacemaker etc.... in September, his aorta burst. He should have died then. But he didn't, and they put a new aorta into him.... he rehabbed, actually came in to work one day to visit. He looked like a dead man then. like grey-yellow, and loose. ....faded.

about a week later, he had a bad stroke, and it took him a month to finally give up and let go. He was Fred Flinstone. looked like him, talked like him, was blustery, hot headed and usually wrong.... but he was my friend. I'm glad he's not suffering anymore. I feel bad for his wife, Patty. He was old school Italian, and he handled everything his way. She's going to be lost for a time, I think.

I meet those women in my job. having to buy a car on their own for the first time... If the subject comes up, they always cry or something that makes me sad.... like if the husband is on the trade title... that's a real pain in the ass
Old 01-26-2015, 01:48 PM   #238
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

so sad. sorry lj.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:58 PM   #239
glatt

Sorry Jim.

Watching my FIL at the end kind of made me wonder about the whole point of modern medicine at the end of life. Doctors are trained to keep treating the patient. It's not their job to wonder if they should treat the patient. I can see treating the heart condition and putting a pacemaker in as long as he's getting some enjoyment out of life, but after blowing out an aorta and having a stroke, isn't it time to just let a man have some dignity and die in peace? I wonder if the pacemaker kept him alive when the stroke would have killed him otherwise and just prolonged the misery? Sorry. I'm probably projecting too much. I don't know a thing about your friend. But I'm sorry for your loss.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 02:29 PM   #240
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Sam is the 3rd head from the left. Yeah, glatt, I'm sure it did keep him going when he should have slipped away from the aorta thing. He had no retirement planned, or money saved. probably best that he didn't prolong things. He had a fun life. except for that middle part there when he was a guest of the state.