The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 07-23-2017, 02:29 AM   #1
captainhook455
Rapscallion

I Love To Read The Classifieds

Hmmm, let's see here dentist office, no.

Too old to join the Navy, no.

Need a job? Oh hell nooooo.
captainhook455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 07:15 AM   #2
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

You may not need a job; but, if you just want one to mingle ...

12 Of the Best, Dreamiest, and Most Unusual Post-Retirement Jobs

Excerpt:

Quote:
Pet Sitter or Dog Walker

If you’ve been known to disappear from a party to spend quality time with the host’s four-legged friends, dog walking and pet sitting could be the perfect part time job for you. Not only do you get to dole out belly rubs to doggos and play with kittens, but it’s a great way to have fun while exercising. Dog boarding basically means borrowing dogs, right? Sites like Craig’s List, TaskRabbit, or DogVacay can help you find dog-walking clients or people who need pet sitters in your community.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 09:41 AM   #3
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

We got the Sunday paper today to look for a new place to live. The classifieds had nothing.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 09:42 AM   #4
captainhook455
Rapscallion

If I had a big travel trailer I could park sit at one of the NC state parks. The state sets you up near the bathhouse for access to electricity and sewer. Then just keep the bathhouse and camping area clean.

A free spot for the year. No pay of course, but a nice place to live. The parks have no electrical or water hookups for travel trailers. The last time I was there we slept with screen windows open. The no seeums ate us alive. That night was the last time we stayed at a NC park.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:36 PM   #5
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Popdigr met a guy (he was 70-ish) that was living at the various campgrounds at Land Between The Lakes Nat'l Recreation Area. They have a two week limit on campground stays, so the guy just pulled his camper to one of the other campgrounds every two weeks. Just the dude and his dog and their camper.

The guy would say (to the dog), "Jody, go over there and get me that stick." The dog would start coming back w/a stick and the guy would say "No, bring me that other stick." And Jody would drop the stick and get another one. After a time or two of getting 'the wrong stick', Jody would look back at dude before picking up a stick, like "Is this one ok?"

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 06:47 AM   #6
captainhook455
Rapscallion

I used to camp with my motorcycle. If I wanted a fire I didn't go to the camp store for a bundle of green wood. I would empty my saddlebags and leave the lids at camp. Ride just outside the park gates and there was plenty of wood laying on the ground. Stuff the bags, bungee wood to the rack and passenger seat. Have a length of rope to pull some large long pieces back to camp. I would have enough for a few days and some leftovers for the next tenant.