Old 07-18-2011, 09:55 PM   #2328
monster
I hear them call the tide

it is teh awesome! In a redneck way...
Old 07-18-2011, 10:42 PM   #2329
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

I see a problem here.

The mullet is indeed a redneck accessory of the first order. But wouldn't the presence of the mullet prevent the neckal redness from forming properly? Will wanna-be rednecks be forced to visit tanning salons and pink-up their napes? Will a new wave of solaria be opened in Hicksvilles around the world? Will this be what drags the sluggish economy forward?
Old 07-18-2011, 11:10 PM   #2330
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
Thanks for asking, mtp.

I had a backslide over the weekend. I didn't go anywhere except for store runs. I still have hope that this round of antibiotics will knock it out. If not, I guess they'll need to look further. The way my brain works, one moment I'm sure I have a terminal illness and the next I'm sure my job is killing me. Either way, I'm helpless. Sigh...is this the kind of stuff we're allowed to talk about in the Cellar?

As to your friend, is there someone who would know about your friend that you could message? Not knowing is the worst, even if what you find out is awful, I think.
Is there anything we aren't allowed to talk about on the Cellar? That sucks that you backslid, I really hope you get better. I for one, would blame the job.

Funny thing, I actually heard from him last night, finally. He's doing better, finally! We're internet buddies (for the past 4yrs) so I don't know anyone in his RL, and I doubt they know of me. /shrug
I know of one person he still talks to from our old gaming days but I don't actually know how to contact this person, or if he would know more than I. Well for now, the issue is resolved, so I'm happy.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:00 AM   #2331
Nirvana
Back in 10

This week will be hot enough to cook a hog in a hamper! >phew!<
Old 07-21-2011, 03:21 PM   #2332
monster

There's Halloween Stuff at the Dollar Store.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:49 AM   #2333
glatt

On our way back from dropping my daughter off at camp, I came this --><-- close to being involved in a spectacular crash at 70 MPH on a congested highway.

A truck had just lost its tread off a wheel, and that tread was stretching completely across my lane. The minivan two cars ahead of me swerved onto the shoulder to avoid it. The car in front of me was slower to react, and the driver did a little swerve to the left before hitting it, jerking the wheel back to the right and spinning around at 70 MPH before slamming rear end first into the cable guardrails. Meanwhile I was already slowing down and moving to the right, so I missed everything. I pulled off the highway, and we went back to check on the driver. She was perfectly fine. Not a scratch on her. But her car was probably totalled.

I think pulling over (and complete off the highway way into the grass) to check on her was the right thing to do, but it was dangerous. For a while, the tread was still in the road, and cars going 70 were swerving with little control around it and onto the shoulder closer to me than I wanted.

I've always hated the fact that trucks can get their tires retreaded just to save some money. That cheap tuck driver may have saved a few hundred over buying a new tire, but he almost killed several people, and he caused thousands of dollars in damage, all because he is cheap.

A federal law should be passed banning retreads. It will increase the cost of trucking, which will be passed along to the consumer, but I bet it would save society as a whole more money that it would cost. In 25 years of driving, this is the second time that I've witnessed a retread causing that kind of damage to other vehicles.

Last night, the accident kept replaying in my mind for a couple hours until I fell asleep. It was spectacular and scary.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:12 AM   #2334
monster

eek! I'm glad everyone was ok.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #2335
Griff
still says videotape

You can't spend any time on the highway without seeing tread debris.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:55 PM   #2336
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

That's so scary. I'm glad you're okay.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:02 PM   #2337
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

wow glatt

I am glad you are alright.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:09 AM   #2338
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

I feel your pain, glatt, and I'm so glad you're alright. I won't get into my disdain for the "training" and "talent" of truckers who put our lives in jeopardy every day. They even ramped (ha, pun) up coverage on the interstate by the Highway Patrol just because every freaking accident in the winter (well not every but most) was caused by semi-driver error. They way up in da sky. We're just little ants down here waiting to be killed by behemoths with very bad driving skills. OH, so I guess I will get into my disdain.

OK, my ho posts: I was at my mom and dad's on Saturday and had gone outside to get something out of my car. I heard a jet, and looked up just in time to see an F-16 flying over...so close I almost felt like I could touch it (which of course it wasn't really that close.) It was banking in to a turn. By the time my dad got out of the shop it was long gone. I stood in my parent's driveway, hands in the hair, yelling "WOOOHOOOOOOO." My family has always been into stuff like that. Puts tears in my eyes. And reminds me that my nephew is in Quantico learning to be a pilot. Amazing stuff.

Second ho post: Leaving there, I saw a car pulling one of those little trailers commonly used by entertainers to get stuff back and forth. It read "Aim High Puppet Minstries." I so wanted to paint out the "A" and put an apostrophe between I and m, to make it I'm High Puppet Ministry. Because seriously, puppets are creepy and people need to be high to appreciate them.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:14 AM   #2339
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Oh, guess I should 'splain the Dayton INternational Air Show was at the airport. It's a big deal. We used to watch parts of it from the lake/land my dad owned, before he sold it. For one to be clear near my 'rents house is unusual. Wow wow wow.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:17 AM   #2340
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Quote:
OH, so I guess I will get into my disdain
Disdain? I thought you drove an ennui.

Tags
dum, oh the whorror