The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 08-30-2007, 03:01 AM   #1
duck_duck
Soul Duck

Off duty police killed by invader

The man accused of being drunk behind the wheel of a sports car that killed a Flint police officer was arraigned Tuesday on charges that included second-degree murder.

Ramon Felix Pineda stood mute in 52-2 District Court before Judge Kelley Kostin, who denied bond based on the severity of the charges and his status as an illegal resident of the United States. "I don't find any comfort the bond would give Mr. Pineda the conviction to show in court," Kostin said.

link
Old 08-30-2007, 04:16 AM   #2
Ibby
erika

What's the definition of a troll?

Hit-and-run posting? Same topic over and over and over? Intentional inflammatoriness? Starting threads but never responding?
Old 08-30-2007, 07:23 AM   #3
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

From the same article -
Quote:
Ramon Felix Pineda stood mute in 52-2 District Court before Judge Kelley Kostin, who denied bond based on the severity of the charges and his status as an illegal resident of the United States. "I don't find any comfort the bond would give Mr. Pineda the conviction to show in court," Kostin said.

Pineda is alleged to have been illegally living in the United States for the last 10 years under false identities, including a cousin who lives in Mexico. He is being charged with seconddegree murder, operating while intoxicated causing death, leaving the scene of an accident causing death and driving with a suspended license.
*my bold for emphasis*
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:26 AM   #4
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

The charges carry a life sentence - so we get to "let 'em all in" and then clog our prison system.. .. .. and waste tax dollars on them too. Thats a great idea! I'd rather let the people who have something to offer in and keep out those who wish to abuse our wonderful country.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:48 AM   #5
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
so we get to "let 'em all in" and then clog our prison system
Yeah, cause soooo many of those illegal immigrants are murderers rapists, or cop-killers right?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:11 AM   #6
wolf
lobber of scimitars

An unfortunately high number, yes, Dana.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:46 AM   #7
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Based on percentages, Dana? I have no idea, do you? As far as simple numbers are concerned, yes the number is very high - to me even one is too many. Although they were mostly here legally, look what a dozen or so did on 9/11. Read the reports from the border states where an inordinately high number of crimes are repeatedly committed by ILLEGALS. Many of them simply vanish back across the border to avoid prosecution, then return to do it again.

Let us be in control of our own borders - why is that too much to ask?
Old 08-30-2007, 10:00 AM   #8
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman065 View Post
they were mostly here legally, look what a dozen or so did on 9/11.
Hmm. If there were mostly here legally, I'm not sure this example serves any purpose in this argument

I'm here legally. Do I get lumped in with the illegals for the sake of example too? Or only if I break the law?
Old 08-30-2007, 10:01 AM   #9
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Depends, do you have evil intent and malice aforethought? Not learning to fly but not land, are you?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 08-30-2007, 10:03 AM   #10
wolf
lobber of scimitars

incomplete list

Old 08-30-2007, 10:03 AM   #11
monster

I have quite brown skin....
Old 08-30-2007, 10:06 AM   #12
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Try a higher factor sun screen. Other than that, we don't care, just so long as you've got one of those pink IDs. (or formerly pink. I think they changed the color of the green cards recently).

Old 08-30-2007, 10:11 AM   #13
monster

It's a dellightful shade of cream. With lots of fancy holograms and stuff. And a picture of a convict pretending to be me on the front.

Sorry as you were, I don't think troll_troll was after this information [/hijack]
Old 08-30-2007, 10:14 AM   #14
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

And in the "turn the tables" department...http://www.officer.com/online/articl...ion=1&id=37570
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:55 AM   #15
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Hmm. If there were mostly here legally, I'm not sure this example serves any purpose in this argument

I'm here legally. Do I get lumped in with the illegals for the sake of example too? Or only if I break the law?
The example displayed what that a very small number can do a whole lot of damage if they want. My point is to control our borders and then let in as many or as few as is best for our country as a whole.