Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 02-08-2002, 12:13 AM   #1
Nic Name
retired

Olympic Torch Relay

picture galleries

I like this particular image from the galleries. Now you can go ahead and disagree with me, tell me I'm full of shit, that I don't know what I'm talkin' about, and that I should have posted a better picture given the selection. And add that, point is, we shouldn't be watching the Olympics, anyway.

If one were given the absolute choice of content, within a defined theme and from an identified source, you'd think there would be nothing to complain about ... apparently not. :whofarted

If you find an exceptional image in these galleries, that you want to comment on, just link it here and let's discuss.

Last edited by Nic Name; 02-08-2002 at 11:01 AM.
Nic Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 04:09 AM   #2
juju
no one of consequence

If you're going to start a new thread, it's a good idea to actually have content first.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 04:13 AM   #3
jaguar
whig

I have to admit it is taking the "reader provides the content" mentailty of slashdot a bit too far
Old 02-08-2002, 09:31 AM   #4
dave

Heh. But at least he gave a source.

I'm generally annoyed when there's a thread with no images in IotD. But he could go one worse and start a thread that says "Post some fun images here!"
Old 02-08-2002, 10:30 AM   #5
Nic Name
retired

Sorry. I have now made this a fun thread for those who don't want to play, but still want to watch.

Without a starting image, though, the thread is of less value to our Guests who can't post.

At least members can flame the thread, or bitch and complain if they don't want to add an image.

Another good reason to join Cellar.

Last edited by Nic Name; 02-08-2002 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-08-2002, 11:51 AM   #6
juju
no one of consequence

One of my fiance's co-workers actually has tickets to the Olympics. But they've decided not to go because they don't want to die from a bomb. :] It's kinda sad to have to live in fear like that, but I probably would've made the same decision.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 12:23 PM   #7
bluebomber
Lurking in the Shadows

Quote:
Originally posted by juju2112
But they've decided not to go because they don't want to die from a bomb. :]
That's just dumb. Seriously, security for these games is at least a magnitude of order (probably two or three) tighter than in '96 when some jerk decided to set off a bomb in Centennial Park. Sure, there's still a small chance that someone might set off a bomb. But they're still much more likely to get killed in a car crash on the way to SLC (or to the airport, etc).
Old 02-08-2002, 03:46 PM   #8
Slight
Semi-Evil Genius

All I have to say is that I was trying to get to work one day and some asshole carrying the so called olympic torch kept me from getting to work on time. It's like whoop-dee-fucking-dooh look at me, I'm holding a torch. Thing is, It's not even the only flame. They have a backup flame (ie the real one) in case some tool drops the METAL torch. The support truck has a fucking TV Camera mounted on the back. I mean who the hell cares
Slight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 04:00 PM   #9
Nic Name
retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Slight

All I have to say is that I was trying to get to work one day and some asshole carrying the so called olympic torch kept me from getting to work on time.
How inconsiderate. The thing is, you never know when you're gonna run across assholes.