The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 06-05-2016, 11:53 AM   #661
Griff
still says videotape

Bon Voyage!

Strawberry and Jalapeno Smuckers Fruit & Honey fruit spread. A terribly corporate naming process involved but YUM!
Old 06-06-2016, 07:51 AM   #662
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
actually came here to tout Windows 10, which I like. Kinda like Ryan endorses Trump. I can't escape it, might as well roll with it. Oh god, here we go.

Launching my in place upgrade from win 7 pro to win 10 now. See you on the other side.
V?
You OK?

V?

Hello?

Oh shit, we lost BigV.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:23 AM   #663
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

♫ Oh he'll never return
... No he'll never return
... And his fate is still unlearned
......... ♪(poor old BigV)
♫ He is lost forever
...'neath the depths of Win10
... He's the V, who never returned
Old 06-06-2016, 02:15 PM   #664
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:23 PM   #665
monster
I hear them call the tide

Custom Ink for printed shirts etc. Fabulous service, great pricing, great product. Impressed. Hebe's recommendation. Always gone local before, but last year the local guys sucked.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:18 AM   #666
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

For years, I needed a decent torch when looking after horses in the middle of winter or keeping an eye on a couple of farms when the manager was away.
A Maglite product fitted the bill admirably with its superior materials and excellent manufacture.
Most torches were fitted with similar bulbs so a Maglite's USP was its durability.
As time went on and LED torches became both brighter and smaller, Maglite failed to keep abreast of advancing technology so they fell by the wayside.

Last week I gathered up a number of torches that had, at one time or another, been scattered about between farm, house, car and stables and gave them away to someone who could put each to better use than me.
As it seems highly unlikely that I shall ever have to trudge around a darkened farm again, I just needed one reliable source of light and decided to give Maglite another chance by purchasing a 3rd generation LED model.
It has a number of modes including various power settings and a strobe function so it will do admirably to spot the creatures of the night digging up the front lawn or in the event of my car expiring at an inconvenient time.
Maximum output is 625 lumens which is more than adequate for my needs.
It's probably the wrong time of the year to buy a torch because up here at 51 45N we don't have Scandinavian levels of summer daylight, but we don't have very long nights either.
No doubt it will prove its worth as the year goes on.

Maglite ML300L

Thoroughly endorsed and recommended!

(No, I didn't go for the one with the camouflage colour scheme!)
Old 06-23-2016, 12:05 PM   #667
glatt

That makes me want to dig out my flashlight and talk about how awesome it is. I can't remember the brand.

It's a solid metal one like a maglite, takes 3 AA batteries, and is extremely bright with a beam that can be focused or spread wide. And the thing I like the most about it is that it takes AA batteries. I already have a bunch of AA rechargeables for various electronics, so I always have bunch of AA batteries charged and ready to go.

The only downside is that sometimes it seems a little too bright. If you're out camping and you or others are trying to keep their night vision going, turning this sucker on is like lighting the place up with an arc welder.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:16 PM   #668
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers View Post
...looking after horses in the middle of winter or keeping an eye on a couple of farms when the manager was away.

...I gathered up a number of torches... ...gave them away to someone who could put each to better use than me.
That sounds like something Carruthers would do. Oh, wait, you are, you are Carruthers.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:39 PM   #669
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Yeah, there's that Good Egg™ thing popping up again.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:51 PM   #670
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I have a LUX-PRO LP-630 from Lowe's. High/low, focusing beam, strobe, very bright little light. Goe$ through batterie$ (4 AAA$) like nothing I've ever $een. Run time is, literally, measured in minutes.

Old 07-20-2016, 01:10 PM   #671
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I think I've endorsed these products here before, but, to reiterate:

Name:  mh.JPG
Views: 299
Size:  51.4 KBName:  sbr.JPG
Views: 276
Size:  36.8 KB

Old 07-21-2016, 09:20 AM   #672
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
I have a LUX-PRO LP-630 from Lowe's. High/low, focusing beam, strobe, very bright little light. Goe$ through batterie$ (4 AAA$) like nothing I've ever $een. Run time is, literally, measured in minutes.
They claim a 7 hr run time. What mAh are your batts? Are the rechargeable? L-ion? I think the current (haha) maximum MAh for a AAA is about 1000MAh rated, delivering 980MAh. Eneloop, I think.

More than you knew there was to know about batteries. Spend a week there and become an expert.
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/
Old 07-21-2016, 12:26 PM   #673
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Coppertops, baby! (Duracells)

Yeah, I know there's something going on with it. I would return it, they have a lifetime warranty, but ya gotta have the original receipt.

They really are good little lights, very bright, something just went buggy with this one.

Old 07-21-2016, 12:33 PM   #674
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
More than you knew there was to know about batteries. Spend a week there and become an expert.
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/
Just looking at their home page...

Dayum.

Old 08-08-2016, 03:32 PM   #675
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Pen geekdom follows

I have enjoyed the different colors of the Pilot G2 gel ink pens. In recent times I was made aware that most people who give a shit about pens actually prefer something different than the G2. In particular the line of the Uniball Signo pens is favored, cos it smudges less and dries faster and stuff.

I tried them and found they were the quality item. In particular, they have a set of five which are different "combinations" of black. The "BLX" set. Blue-black is a common combination in pens, and I use that color a lot, but they also have green-black, red-black, purple-black and brown-black. They are subtle style, classy but distinctive.

Then I tried the Pilot Frixion, and I think this is my favorite. I like a dig thick line and their 0.7mm is really very nice. The ink is ERASABLE with heat, and when you use the included eraser, it generates friction on a page and heats up the ink and it disappears. Pretty cool.

The problem is, they say if you leave a document in a hot car, it will disappear. They say if you leave the pen in a hot car it will turn the ink all clear. And they say you can put a document, or a pen, in the freezer for a while to make the ink come back. But again, I like all that, cos it's interesting.

So I use the Uni-ball BLX pens for permanent stuff, and when I want to write in different shades of black, which I always do; and the Frixion for everyday stuff or when I want to make writing disappear.

There is also a non-retractable Signo in 1.0mm thickness, the UM-153 and it is all balls. But most of the time you don't want that kind of thickness. But I dig it anyway.

I got all this shit at jetpens.com where you can order the pens directly from Japan and some even have Japanese writing on them. jetpens.com is awesome. I bought pens until there was $25 of shit and so free shipping. Then I did it again because I wanted more and I wanted the same pens at home and work. It's crazy; but I do enjoy writing with them. It's like my only creative outlet at work.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote