The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 04-11-2015, 04:39 PM   #3106
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

He's of Asian descent, so he's prolly somewhere between 30 and 85.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 02:53 PM   #3107
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

You know that big John Deere tractor you just bought? The one you paid $300,000 for? Yeah, you don't own it. Because you didn't buy it. John Deere still owns it.

You paid $300,000 for a software license.

At least that's how Deere wants it to work...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:12 PM   #3108
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

That's fucking crazy.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:12 PM   #3109
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

No. This wasn't me. I can tell time.

Quote:
He got so mad, he referenced a 22-year-old movie.

According to the Hartford Courant, Gary Kuhn ordered breakfast this morning at a Burger King in Manchester, Conn. It was 10:55 a.m., however, and the restaurant stopped serving breakfast at 10:30 a.m. That's when Kuhn got mad, and asked the cashier if they had ever seen the movie Falling Down with Michael Douglas.

In the 1993 film about an angry and beleaguered middle-aged man, Douglas' character enters a Whammyburger and asks for breakfast. He's denied, having missed the breakfast cut-off time by a few minutes. "Have you ever heard the expression, 'the customer is always right?'" he asks the manager, before pulling out an uzi submachine gun and shooting up the restaurant.

"That's what I feel like doing," is what Kuhn said, according to police spokesman Capt. Christopher Davis. Officers arrested Kuhn and charged him with first-degree threatening and second-degree breach of peace.
~from Eater

Old 04-22-2015, 12:48 PM   #3110
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

What would have happened if he had asked the cop if he had seen the movie
"Five Easy Pieces" with Jack Nickelson ordering a side order of toast.
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 02:03 PM   #3111
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

?

Old 04-22-2015, 02:49 PM   #3112
Lamplighter

Old 04-23-2015, 01:38 PM   #3113
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

This is fucked up.

Quote:
The FBI faked an entire field of forensic science.
And it's just one of the reasons people distrust the police.

Old 04-23-2015, 02:04 PM   #3114
Lamplighter

Yes, and this follows on the heels of the discrediting of the FBI's " expert " on identifications via mouth-bite wounds on victims.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:36 PM   #3115
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

It's the reason so many people don't trust the entire judicial system.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:52 PM   #3116
Pamela
Deplorable

Gravdigr, I'll see yours and raise you this

Big Sarge, take note. I certainly have.
Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:07 AM   #3117
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
Gravdigr, I'll see yours and raise you this

Big Sarge, take note. I certainly have.
For those too lazy or afraid to click the link hidden behind the tinyurl, it points to a one sided political opinion piece about how doctors at the VA are required to contact law enforcement when they identify "persons prohibited under federal law from receiving or possessing firearms." Of course these are veterans, and how terrible is that? OMG.

But it's kind of a tricky issue. Consider the Germanwings co-pilot who deliberately crashed the jet. He learned you get grounded when you come forward talking about your problems. You want to identify these people before they walk into a grade school and kill 30 children like that fucked up Lanza boy, but you don't want to scare away people who are in need of help because they are afraid they might lose their guns or their pilot's license.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 12:28 PM   #3118
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Colorado man 'kills his computer' after bad day

COLORADO SPRINGS, April 24 (UPI) -- A Colorado man was pushed to his limit, took his computer into the back alley and fired eight shots into the PC with a 9-mm pistol.

Lucas Hinch, 37, admitted to being fully aware of his actions.

"It was premeditated, oh, definitely," Hinch told the Los Angeles Times. "I made sure there wasn't anything behind it and nothing to ricochet."

Before going full "Office Space" on his computer, Lt. Jeff Strossner of Colorado Springs Police Department said "He got tired of fighting with his computer for the last several months."

Hinch is completely comfortable with his life decision.

"It was glorious," he said. "Angels sung on high."

The computer is not expected to recover. There is no law on the books regarding machine homicide but Hinch was charged with discharging a firearm within city limits.
Be honest. Who among us hasn't wanted to do this at one time or another?

UPI
Carruthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 01:03 PM   #3119
fargon

Buffalo's on Ny Thruway http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...52b8417a01227d
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 02:48 PM   #3120
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I'm not sure why, but, that reminded me of this:

About a hundred years ago, when I was about 10, I looked out the window and told the parents "There's a police car in the yard." They thought, "Bullshit.", but when they looked, the cop was getting out of his car, gun drawn. Popdigr opened the door to ask what was up. The cop started up the street at a run, and yelled at Popdigr to get back in the house, and close the door, in no uncertain terms. He did. Then, more cops. Popdigr called the police station to see what was up. While he was on the phone a barrage of gunshots was heard. He pulled me and Momdigr to the floor. More gunshots. Finally found out a truck had been involved in a fairly serious wreck, and in the truck was an old boar hog, and it got loose. Old boars can be fucking vicious, and apparently this one was trying to raise the bar. I'm pretty sure he was on his way to becoming bacon & pork chops, so, that may have influenced his behavior.