The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-08-2017, 06:05 PM   #6346
monster
I hear them call the tide

OK, where's the "what might drive you totally batfuckingshit Insane but there's a small chance it might be useful so you can't totally deep 666 it?" thread?

Unleash them, they are adults now........

OK, I know this isn't my first rodeo and it seems maybe I'm almost unique in that.....but I swear I wasn't like this two years ago and wouldn't have been even if there was such a forum.....

"ooh here's a great website that says you don't need to buy EVERYTHING on the dorm supply suggested list, unlike the elementary school supply list"
"Oh wow, great find ....but I'm still going to buy everything, even though my son doesn't want me to......"

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Joined the parents' facebook group for Hector's Uni ....never seen so many helicopter parents in my entire life! And the high school is full of them.

One: My son got a "p" in his senior project, what does it mean?

1) None of your damn business, he's 22 years old!
2) Take a wild freaking guess......
3) sweet baby cheesewhizzz, did you adopt him?

......and at least 4 people replied "pass". So far. Because they had to be the ones to answer, they knew the answer, no need to waste time reading other people's answers.... or something?
Old 05-08-2017, 11:40 PM   #6347
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I wonder how many helicopter parents would admit to feeling neglected by their own parents when they were children?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:48 PM   #6348
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Monster, remember people look at things from a different perspective according to their background.
Not everyone who disagrees with you (this is important) needs killin'.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:53 AM   #6349
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
OK, where's the "what might drive you totally batfuckingshit Insane but there's a small chance it might be useful so you can't totally deep 666 it?" thread?

OK, I know this isn't my first rodeo and it seems maybe I'm almost unique in that.....but I swear I wasn't like this two years ago and wouldn't have been even if there was such a forum.....

"ooh here's a great website that says you don't need to buy EVERYTHING on the dorm supply suggested list, unlike the elementary school supply list"
"Oh wow, great find ....but I'm still going to buy everything, even though my son doesn't want me to......"
You need to go into the past and not have done that. They will make you crazier than they are making their kids.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:49 PM   #6350
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Nah, that's not right at all. Jus' kill 'em.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:23 PM   #6351
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Monster, remember people look at things from a different perspective according to their background.
why don't you stop patronizing and preaching to me. go find some other unhealthy obsession, you're creeping me out.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:44 PM   #6352
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Well there you go again, try to get your paranoia under control.
Old 05-10-2017, 04:47 PM   #6353
monster

Quote:

here I go quoting myself again. Someone actually wrote pretty much this in the forum and all hell has broken loose
Old 05-29-2017, 01:46 PM   #6354
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I've sleeping w/the stereo on just barely loud enough to hear for over a year now.

This morning around daylight I was lying there, trying not to get up, and successfully predicted the next song on the radio. Twice. Within ten minutes.

The first one was Back In Black, then I predicted Whole Lotta Love a couple songs later.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

Last edited by Gravdigr; 05-29-2017 at 01:51 PM.
Old 05-29-2017, 03:41 PM   #6355
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I can tell when my ex is stressed out by something because she gets shittier and more passive-aggressive than usual.

Got a text the other day that said: "Hi darling lover, do you have any photos of xyz..." At first I was wondering who it came from and why they thought I had photos of xyz, then I saw who it was from and I realized she 'accidentally' sent me a text meant for her BF.

Really? It's like that now?
Old 05-29-2017, 04:33 PM   #6356
Griff
still says videotape

It's always been like that.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:25 PM   #6357
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

I was once getting unwanted emails from someone I knew. They were being sent from the person's workplace. Rather than just deleting them, I moved them to the Junk email folder. That trains the ISP's Junk filters to recognize emails from that origin as spam and weed them out. I subsequently heard it through the grapevine that the person was having problems getting business emails through to customers. I wonder how that could have happened? I didn't hear from them anymore.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:44 AM   #6358
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

What's mildly irritating you today?

Wrens. Right outside the living room window.

How can so much sound (I started to call it noise, but, it's not quite noise, yet) come out of such a small package?

Old 06-15-2017, 10:09 PM   #6359
chrisinhouston
Professor

I was cleaning some wine glasses that got dirty because they are in a kitchen cabinet I built but haven't yet made the glass panel doors so they tend to pick up cooking grease fumes and get dirty. With company coming next week I figured I would clean them. I was scrubbing one out and actually thought to myself that I might be pushing a bit hard on the thin glass when BANG! the glass broke with my hand inside. Got a nasty gash on my pinky finger. I washed it well and it bled like a MF but I eventually got it bandaged and I guess I'll check it in the morning.

Why is it that band aid packaging is so fucking hard to open. I mean half the time you are doing it with a bleeding body part and are one handed. Crazy.
chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 10:31 PM   #6360
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

To encourage you to get someone else to apply it so you don't contaminate the pad while flopping the band aid around with one hand.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mild cheddar