The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 08-27-2012, 10:01 AM   #16
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Ok clod, I concede to your superior knowledge of pregnancy. But I'm still annoyed that they are even legislating when the cut off date can be like this. A lot of women don't have regular periods and can easily miss the cut off, or there could be medical conditions of the fetus that aren't discovered until later in the pregnancy. It's still government sticking its nose into women's vaginas and I dont like it.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #17
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
So, what this Arizona law is saying is that, if it is POSSIBLE for a woman to be pregnant (whether or not there is actually a zygote and chemical indicators in blood/urine present), then she legally IS pregnant?

What's next? Jail sentences for women whose bodies self-abort or give birth to stillborn children, because their own bodies killed a Living Human Being With Full Rights and are Crime Scenes? Can you imaging the CSI unit trying to gather that evidence? CSI: Uterus.

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #18
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
I'm not saying it's necessarily right, I'm just saying it's how they've always done it. Obstetricians are concerned with babies and the baby process; abortion politics only even entered into it in the last few decades. I think it's important not to have a situation where the doctor says you're 20 weeks but the law says you're 18 weeks.
I don't think the LAW should have any say in it whatsoever. The LAW needs to stay the eff out of my womb and my relationship with my doctor, tyvm.

And FOR THE RECORD, I have had an abortion. And I've NOT had an abortion and birthed and raised the (unexpected) child, alone. And I've had a baby within a marriage. And I, myself, am adopted. So I think I am pretty fucking qualified to speak to this matter.

The government needs to butt the fuck out. So do men who have never and will never experience pregnancy, childbirth and nursing. None of THEM are going to help buy the formula and diapers, find daycare so I can work, or feel the pain of MY loss after a termination.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #19
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Yeah, the whole reason they want to count the weeks is because they're setting a cutoff date for when it is too late to have an abortion. Like I said, I do disagree with their motives.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #20
Sheldonrs
Master Dwellar

If you don't have a vagina, shut the fuck up. And that includes Gov. Brewer.
If that bitch wants life to begin 2 weeks before conception, maybe we should all start jerking off into baggies and ship them to her so she doesn't have us arrested for mass murder, just abandonment.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #21
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

"The government needs to butt the fuck out."

Agreed!

If Miss X is knocked up and wants to abort: abort away!

Not my concern (or, responsibility).
Old 08-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #22
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldonrs View Post
If you don't have a vagina, shut the fuck up. And that includes Gov. Brewer.
If that bitch wants life to begin 2 weeks before conception, maybe we should all start jerking off into baggies and ship them to her so she doesn't have us arrested for mass murder, just abandonment.
Speak for yourself. That woman is so ugly, I don't want my sperm anywhere near her.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:43 AM   #23
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

For the record, I quite agree with Stormy.

I'll take the hit; I knew it would excite anger -- and a few unfounded assumptions while the haters went into their rages.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:00 AM   #24
infinite monkey

You knew it would excite a few unfounded assumptions? So, you must have known what those assumptions would be, otherwise what did you think would be excited? Therefore, the assumptions weren't unfounded; they were laid out there for us dummies to pluck right up. Right?

Alternatively, the "that's what I meant to happen" assertion is coming straight out of your ass.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:10 AM   #25
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry quirk View Post
Agreed!

If Miss X is knocked up and wants to abort: abort away!

Not my concern (or, responsibility).
Uh oh. I agree with Henry.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:13 AM   #26
infinite monkey

More from the repubtard files...THIS JUST IN!

Rush Limbaugh: Hurricane Center is ‘Obama’

Quote:
Rush Limbaugh, while repeatedly insisting he is “not alleging a conspiracy,” suggested Monday that the National Hurricane Center’s forecast models for Tropical Storm Isaac were altered to help President Barack Obama and “cast a pall” over the Republican National Convention.

“I’m not alleging conspiracies here. The Hurricane Center is the regime; the Hurricane Center is the Commerce Department,” Limbaugh said on his talk show. “It’s the government. It’s Obama.”
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0812/80212.html

You can't NOT laugh!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:21 AM   #27
infinite monkey

Rush probably just wanted to excite anger and a few unfounded assumptions.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:05 AM   #28
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

"Uh oh. I agree with Henry."

Hell just got a little colder...
Old 08-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #29
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

REALLY?! I mean...really?! How insane is he going to get before he's put in an insane asylum? Shouldn't he be in a mental hospital rather than have a talk show? Why the fuck do people think this guy is sane?
Old 08-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #30
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

First Akin with his "legitimate rape" bullshit.

Then Missouri GOP Committeewoman Sharon Barnes echoed Akin's statement that very few rapes resulted in pregnancy, adding that "at that point, if God has chosen to bless this person with a life, you don't kill it."

Then Thurston Howell's chosen one, Ryan himself weighs in with, "Yeah, well, so, I’m very proud of my pro-life record, and I’ve always adopted the idea, the position that the method of conception doesn’t change the definition of life." Nothing personal girls, it's for the children... won't somebody think of the children.

Ladies! You got the vote in 1920. You've been the majority since 1945. You better get off your collective butts and do some politicking before kitchen chains, and chastity belts, become mandatory.