The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 08-29-2012, 06:56 PM   #16
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

MTP, listen to all us old folks, you really should go to a doctor and get the problem checked out. In the meantime, feel like trying an old Vietnamese unproven home remedy? When you are menustrating, avoid all citric food and water. Don't eat or drink oranges, pineapple, lemon, etc. Anything that is sour, don't drink or eat it either. You should even avoid drinking vitamin C. Why, you ask? Someone told me consuming citric (sour) stuffs while on it makes you pee in your pants...lol. Shrug. Worked for me. I had that problem once in my early 30's. Was bad cuz I was taking marital arts then and there was alot of jumping and kicking. I avoided sour stuffs and zip, my problem was gone. But hey, that was just me. You probably need to see a doc. Doesn't hurt to trying something before being looked at, right? Especially when you don't have to consume weird stuffs.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #17
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Well, I'm not saying MTP is doing the right or wrong thing, but taking more drugs is not always the best option anyway, and that's what you'll get if you go to the docs again unless they're really going to investigate the issue by doing some other tests.

From my perspective, I have to say that weak bladders run in the family. We've all been peeing ourselves when we laugh or sneeze or cough since we became women, and by that, I mean since we reached physical maturity. Bladder weakness isn't necessarily anything you're doing wrong. Sometimes it's just a fact of life.

If you're worried about it, go to the doc, but don't just let them give you drugs. Get some tests done, such as ultra sounds etc to make sure they're treating the right thing.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:50 PM   #18
Razzmatazz13
Vicariously, I live...

I'm with everyone else on the visiting the doctor advice, but I also understand the feeling of "omg if I have to go to another doctor appointment I'm going to tear my hair out" ... unfortunately sometimes it's unavoidable. If they try to give you the same antibiotics, fight them... take someone with you who will fight on your behalf if you're not up for the challenge, but make sure you get taken care of.

Oh, and this: probably not safe for work
Old 08-29-2012, 11:12 PM   #19
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
From my perspective, I have to say that weak bladders run in the family. We've all been peeing ourselves when we laugh or sneeze or cough since we became women, and by that, I mean since we reached physical maturity.
Both my mom and grandmother had to have bladder suspension surgery in middle age, so my chances aren't looking good there either. The good news is, both of them said it fixed the problem right up, with no lingering side effects.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:12 AM   #20
monster
I hear them call the tide

/beginsidetrackrant

my MIL is here. She apparently now has bladder control problems. She picked up a cough and is peeing everywhere when she coughs. Literally. It's OK, I get this, I can deal with this, it's not her fault and I bet she feels horrible and I had to Kegel like a nutter after all of my pregnancies and it's still touch-and-go if i get a cough.

she's quite open about it, though. Which is kind of ok. But she's using pantie-liners to deal with it -the post-period wafer-thin things. . And doesn't tell us when it's gone beyond "her realm of control" Our house stinks. poor daughter's bedroom stinks. the mattress is trashed, and the sofa, and my brand new camp chair. Possibly also two car seats. Every morning I come in with daughter after swim practice and the smell of stale urine wafting downstairs overcomes the chlorine smell (and that's no mean feat....) I gag as i do the laundry

I love her dearly, but this is horrendous and I have no idea how to deal with it. I think it would be easier if she had no idea it was a problem/was in denial to be honest. But she knows and just doesnt realize her approach is not adequate.

I guess next time I'll email her in advance and say (more tactfully) "which of these products should I get in for you?" and steer her towards the slightly more hardcore incontinence stuff.

thanks for listening.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:32 AM   #21
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Maybe you could just tell her there's a problem? If she's anything like just about anyone I can think of, she'd be mortified if she knew you were suffering in silence out of good manners or whatever you want to call it.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #22
monster

um, no, I can't.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:36 AM   #23
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Use Nature's Miracle! Made for dog urine (they have a cat version too) but they say it works on human urine as well.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:59 AM   #24
monster

Thanks UT. Sorry, it was just really getting me down last night.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #25
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Wow monster, that sucks for you and her both. I would try nature's miracle, that is what my family uses for animal smells. I don't have to use it since Della stopped peeing inside.
My problem really does seem to have cleared up, it only lasted long enough to really frustrate me I guess. I'll bring it up with my gyno when I see her in September, but I don't think she's gonna think its a big deal. She didn't the last time brought up my weak bladder issues (none as bad as this issue).
Old 08-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #26
monster

OK I'm thinking maybe she has a bladder infection? It really shouldn't smell this bad. yes, I just did this morning's laundry. Unless maybe she snuck some in that she'd been hiding for a few days. I made it clear to her (and always have done but I reiterated) that I'm happy to do any amount of laundry and it takes about two hours to get something washed and dried so she has no need to take her dirties home with her. i'm thinking/hoping that's why it's so bad today because she had been planning to take some back with her and has now changed her mind....

It's easier when it's your kids
Old 08-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #27
monster

OK answered my own question. It's probably the diabetes

Quote:
Urine odor may be a symptom of uncontrolled diabetes, dietary factors, or a UTI.
Poor gal. At least she now regularly sees the nurse so hopefully it's getting more under control.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:10 PM   #28
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I made it clear to her (and always have done but I reiterated) that I'm happy to do any amount of laundry and it takes about two hours to get something washed and dried so she has no need to take her dirties home with her.
No no, the TSA deserves it.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #29
monster

that thought did cross my mind.