The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 11-12-2008, 06:52 AM   #31
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Nice work, PW! I can fully appreciate all the hard work you've done! YAY! Livin' the Dream, baby!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:07 AM   #32
smoothmoniker
to live and die in LA

What's the difference between a large pizza and a grad student?

The pizza can feed a family of four.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:11 AM   #33
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
Thanks, Dana.

It's just that when I'm at school I miss being home to do housewifey things and when I'm at home doing housewifey things I miss going to school. Oh well.

I've decided to take the "get it over with" tack, no matter how painful it may be. Full steam ahead!
*smiles* I know it's a tug. I really admire you for it. In many ways I have it very easy as a mature student...I have work commitments, but I don't have family commitments. There are very few calls on my time outside of university that offer a competing and compelling draw on my desires. Other than hedonism ...obviously...a five month addiction to doctor who really was not a sensible, or indeed obvious, choice to make just prior to the final year... :P
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:09 AM   #34
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Thing is, Perry, you can totally capitalise on (some) Americans having no appreciation of the English University system. I know you have said that Newcastle had a very poor Masters programme, but to most people who read your CV, you've been educated in England! And that's pretty much like being a Rhodes Scholar, right?

Not knocking Americans, just that it's hard to accurately quantify overseas degrees.

BTW you deserve any kudos you get just for sticking it out in the most foreign of English cities and when you were at your lowest ebb.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote