The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 04-14-2010, 03:06 PM   #271
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

It's not Sarge, Shawnee. It's an ex work colleague and very good friend of mine.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:29 PM   #272
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.

Sorry. I'm a bit dense. Just that you WERE just asking about sarge, and I jumped to the Island of Conclusions.

As you were.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:02 PM   #273
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I guess it might have sounded a bit kissy-kissy at that
But she obv wanted to stay anonymous, so I couldn't resist a bit of code in return.

Still haven't heard from Sarge re coming home or his health though
Old 07-02-2010, 01:01 PM   #274
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Am starting this post to say I STILL haven't heard from Sarge re his health or coming home.
But I HAVE received a returned card from the US Forces address I send them to.
If he posts I'd be really grateful for a heads-up PM. As far as my correspondance is concerned he's dropped off the face of the earth.

Anyway, this is all about me (as usual) and my birthday.
So expect lots of pictures of me. Just be grateful I'm not starting a new thread!
Dinner photos are in the What's For Dinner Tonight thread.

Okay. Last night (Thursday) we went to the Bugle Horn, just outside Aylesbury.
"We" were Mum, Dad, Steven, Erika [my brother and his wife] and family friend Maureen.
First pic 1 is the pub itself.
This is a link to the menu.

Pic 2 is Stevo dreaming. Just to prove I don't have to be in every photo.
Hey, my camera, my birthday! I originally wrote "looking dreamy" but balked at the double meaning - see below.

I creeped myself out when we were leaving. Ste came straight from work, so was in work clothes except I'd forgotten that. I was walking behind what I thought was a businessman and thinking, "Nice butt! I wonder if he looks as good from the front!" I wanted to bleach my brain when I realised I'd been eyeing up my brother. I had to have a rum & coke when I got home to get over it.
Attached Images

Old 07-02-2010, 01:04 PM   #275
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Me with the 'rents.

There is another one of me and Dad, but he looked really tiny next to me, by some trick of the camera.
I looked like some big bloated spider who had sucked all his spirit out - so I took another one. We're in better proportion in this one (which shows you how bad the other one was!)
My hair is currently blonde, I just had coloured spray in the front. All washed out now.
Attached Images

Old 07-02-2010, 01:07 PM   #276
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

And here is our lovely waiter. He was a bit young for me, sadly - I was afraid I'd break him, so I left it at good natured banter

And this is the photo he took of our table, we're all stuffed with food.
Dad appears to have a diamond tooth, something that struck me as hilariously funny last night. It still makes me smile today, but I rather think it suits him.

I also got a free bottle of champagne because it was my birthday and there were more than 4 of us.
So for anyone in the Aylesbury area, or who is close to the chain of Vintage Inns, it's worth signing up for emails if you fancy going there on your birthday (or up to two weeks after). They advise you to bring ID, but I wasn't asked for any. I guess they thought woman with pink hair, tiara, cards and presents on the table - probably not just trying to pull a fast one.

No-one wanted dessert except me. I will admit that I didn't really want it either, I just didn't want the meal to be over (boo hoo!) I offered to share with anyone, anyone? No-one? Not even a spoonful? Nope. I didn't sulk though, just ordered a liquer coffee. Lovely waiter made it at the table, which I thought was a great way to do it. It was his first time as well - nothing like being someone's first time to make a birthday go with a zing!

A good time was had by all I believe. It was clean, friendly, the service was good, the food was simple and tasty.
And of course I didn't pay
Attached Images

Old 07-04-2010, 11:51 AM   #277
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Looks like a nice family time. You look a lot like yer mum.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:36 PM   #278
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Just a link to The Bugle Horn's Burns Night menu (that's the pub as shown above).
Except that as we're not Scottish you don't have to go on Burn's Night, they're running it from Monday 24th to Saturday 29th. All the better to fleece you with my dear. Actually, it looks pretty good.

I'd love to go on your behalf and report back, but I'd be too ashamed to go without having a drink (Talisker single malt £1!!!) so this year I will decline.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:18 AM   #279
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

that Burns Night menu has waaaaaaaay too much haggis IMHO.

thanks, as always, for the pics!! I love seeing them!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:06 AM   #280
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

A walk to the shop, to show you where I live.
From what I gatjer, a Council Estate equals The Projects.
I'm not sure that's true, so I thought a quick vid might be helpful.

The poor mike makes it sound mucho windy, but wouldn't you know, as soon as I got home I tried to fly Tiger's new kite (to replace the parachute that got strung up in a tree) and couldn't get the damn thing beyong arm's length!
Old 05-29-2011, 06:20 AM   #281
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

thanks for the walking tour of your 'hood.

I don't think Council Estates=Projects.

1) Where's the gun violence?

2) where are the drug dealers?

3) Where are the women with 6 babies on the porch?

4) Where are the pitt bulls?

5) Why are there cars and garages? People in the projects use the bus.

6) Why is there a shop you can walk to that doesn't have coolies hanging out front harassing potential customers?

7) Where is the sound of sirens and wailing?

8) where is the television crew?

9) where is the vomit?

10) Where is the ambulance?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 05-29-2011, 06:38 AM   #282
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Depends on the council estate.

I have known a few like you describe Bri. The distinction between estates and the projects is probably more to do with the different history behind them. Ours weren't developed to house the poorest, so much as provide affordable housing to all, including the poorest. So, the estates have been working-class homes for a long time. They vary greatly from area to area. Places with a large underclass tend to have more roudy and troublesome estates.

I lived on the edge of one in Salford in the 90s. Used to have to walk through to the little precint in the centre to use the cashpoint (ATM). I recall walking past the wreck of a burned out car, still smoking, and with a small gang of kids clambering about and smashing what was left of the glass. There was the obligatory collection of unleashed fighting and guard dogs wandering about.

The main estate in the ward I represent as a councillor is like the land that time forgot. It is perched on the top of a hill, the back of the estate literally overlooking a cliff. It feels like a forgotten place. And it sounds like a war zone at night. The police more or less leave it alone unless they're actually called out. They've given up patrolling it entirely. When the fire brigade have to go up there they face gangs of youngsters throwing rocks at the fire truck windows as they approach. Nobody goes to the shops after dark if they can help it. The kids have fuck all to do and basically wander the streets looking for trouble. Every other house is dealing with addiction problems. The entire place simmers with tension.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:18 AM   #283
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Dana, your description made me think of the TrainsPotting song, Miles End:

We didn't have no where to live, / we didn't have nowhere to go
'til someone said / "I know this place off Burditt Road."
It was on the fifteenth floor, / it had a board across the door.
It took an hour / to pry it off and get inside. / It smelt as if someone had died;
the living-room was full of flies, / the kitchen sink was blocked,
the bathroom sink not there at all. / Ooh, / it's a mess alright, / yes it's
Mile End. / And now we're living in the sky! / I'd never thought I'd live so
high, / just like Heaven / (if it didn't look like Hell.)
The lift is always full of piss, / the fifth floor landing smells of fish
(not just on Friday, / every single other day.)
Below the kids come out tonight, / they kick a ball and have a fight
and maybe shoot somebody if they lose at pool.
Ooh, / it's a mess alright, / yes it's / Mile End.
[mumbled mutterings... you love it...]
Oo-ooh / Nobody wants to be your friend
'cause you're not from round here, / ooh / as if that was
something to be proud about. / The pearly king of the Isle of Dogs
feels up children in the bogs. / Down by the playing fields,
someone sets a car on fire I guess you have to go right down
before you understand just how, / how low,
how low a human being can go. / Ooh, / it's a mess alright, / yes it's
Mile End. / (don't do that! Leave it out!) / Bababa...
Lalala...

—James Barrie

Old 05-29-2011, 10:45 AM   #284
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Merkins would prolly call that an apartment complex. It looks like you're at least a generation from becoming "The Projects". Most of our Projects start as apartment complexes...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:47 AM   #285
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Depends on the council estate.

I have known a few like you describe Bri. The distinction between estates and the projects is probably more to do with the different history behind them. Ours weren't developed to house the poorest, so much as provide affordable housing to all, including the poorest. So, the estates have been working-class homes for a long time. They vary greatly from area to area. Places with a large underclass tend to have more roudy and troublesome estates.

I lived on the edge of one in Salford in the 90s. Used to have to walk through to the little precint in the centre to use the cashpoint (ATM). I recall walking past the wreck of a burned out car, still smoking, and with a small gang of kids clambering about and smashing what was left of the glass. There was the obligatory collection of unleashed fighting and guard dogs wandering about.

The main estate in the ward I represent as a councillor is like the land that time forgot. It is perched on the top of a hill, the back of the estate literally overlooking a cliff. It feels like a forgotten place. And it sounds like a war zone at night. The police more or less leave it alone unless they're actually called out. They've given up patrolling it entirely. When the fire brigade have to go up there they face gangs of youngsters throwing rocks at the fire truck windows as they approach. Nobody goes to the shops after dark if they can help it. The kids have fuck all to do and basically wander the streets looking for trouble. Every other house is dealing with addiction problems. The entire place simmers with tension.
"Harry Brown". Love this flick.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote