The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 05-29-2011, 10:48 AM   #286
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Thanks for the vid, Sundae. I enjoy getting a taste of England.

If it wouldn't get you into trouble, I'd love to see a vid of the inside of the shop. Is it more of a convenience store or would people expect to do most of their weekly shopping there?

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:13 AM   #287
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I hadn't watched it back - I might not have posted it if I had. What hideous sound quality! I pretty much remember what I said (rambling as it was) and even I can't work out some of it.

I'll make another one when it's not blowing a gale force wind.

Pete - it's definitely a convenience store.
Some of the old people on the estate might do quite a bit of their shopping there, and you could live from it as it has a decent selection. But most people use it for newspapers, mil, booze, fags, lottery tickets. With the added benefit that if you've run out of something (from baking powder to toilet paper to garlic) they'll probably have it in stock as well.

When I make my next film, I'll iclude a bit of the shop, but I assume they're the same anyway.

Bri - if I didn't think it would have repercussions I'd take a few shots of the garden belonging to our neighbours-across-the-close. It's still a council property (most of the older houses you saw in my vid are now owner-occupied) and is a classic "council tenant" garden. Where all that's growing is the rust on the abandoned toys and kitchen appliances...
Old 06-20-2011, 10:05 AM   #288
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Pete, as it turns out something quite hideous happened in that shop just the other week. I'd be wary of trying to film in there now that they are all on high alert for anything odd going on. I'll try it later this year.

From the Bucks Herald:
Horror as Man Stabs Himself With Bottle in Aylesbury Shop

So, yesterday was Fathers Day.
But before that, Ste came over to drop off a card and pressie.
I had the camera on the wrong setting, (oop!) so it's blurry.
But I did nothing to enhance the colour and I just thought the blue of his eyes came out really well.

Ste + Diz.
Attached Images

Old 06-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #289
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

So. Off to the Dairy Maid for lunch.
We've been there a couple of times recently, so I bought a book of vouchers from eBay with various deals in it. Of course they were given o9ut/ sent out free, but we didn't get one and anyway it cost me 49p.
So we got a free round of drinks (about £9 worth) and everyone was very pleased with me.

Also, Dad got a free pint glass (Number 1 Dad) which he is also pleased with.

No starters. The meals were HUUGE!.
Dad had the rump steak. Ordered it well done. Fool. It was like a piece of shoe leather. But that is how he likes it and he ate every bit.
Mum was the piggiest of us all and had Surf and Turf and Cluck. Steak, scampi and chicken. She couldn't finish it. I had meant to bring a tupperware box for leftovers, but forgot. The only thing she left in the end was her steak - same as Dad, she ordered it well done. I declined it on behalf of Diz.
Attached Images

Old 06-20-2011, 10:14 AM   #290
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I had steak and ribs. So yeah, I was a pig too.
But I didn't have any tea afterwards, because I ate the lot (apart from the grilled tomato) and was stuffed as a tick.

I asked for my steak rare, in the hope it would be medium rare. It was, and in fact was the nicest steak I have had in a long, long time.
Absolutely gorgeous.

We only go to this place because it is the nearest pub to the house, but we've been very lucky with our meals. Oh except the last time, when Mum moaned about everything. But the portions are large, the staff attentive and the prices prettty good.

Yumyum
Attached Images

Old 06-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #291
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Someone got the dessert order wrong.
I won't say who, but it is someone who posts on here.

There are two different Raspberry Ripple desserts.
I know - stupid, right?
One of them is tiny and costs 79p.
The other is a full sized dessert.

The nameless person ordered her own dessert, only to find that they'd run out. She then changed her order, and ordered for both her parents. Only in the confusion (not) she ordered the really ickle dessrt for Dad.

Look, I did offer to go back up and change the order. I would have been happy to do that. But Dad doesn't really like "fuss". He realised he was getting the tiny dessert because of the price, and accepted it.

I just felt awful when my Knickerbocker Glory turned up, alongside his teeny weeny Raspberry Ripple

Still, back home and as you can see, all was forgiven.
Happy Farters Day for yesterday Dads.
Attached Images

Old 06-20-2011, 10:27 AM   #292
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Not too far away from the unfortunate incident outlined by Sundae (above)

Camera feels the heat after second attack

One of my colleagues, at my last place of work, was heading home when he was caught by the above camera.
Not sure how fast he was going, but the limit is 30mph so the camera was probably set at 35mph.

Now, if you have read the article, you will see that the camera is positioned on the central reservation (median).
Overnight, the powers that be turned the camera to face in the opposite direction. My erstwhile colleague, in a rush to return to his place of work the following morning, triggered the camera again!

I'm not sure what the penalties were, but I believe that a fine of £60 plus three penalty points on the licence is usual.

I can categorically state that the gentleman concerned was not guilty of arson as he died about three years ago. Although perhaps he intervened from the great beyond.
Carruthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:54 AM   #293
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

The Elmhurst Road is awful for speeding cars, vans and motorbikes.
It's an estate road, going through an area with two schools and the houses are generally occupied by old people and young families. Add pets into the mix and it is so obvious why the speed limit is 30.

I've seen a couple of near misses with kids on bikes. Yes the kids were technically to blame - appalling road safety - but it would be the speeding drivers that would bear the burden if they connected. And both my dog and my brother ran out into the road on this stretch. This is years and years ago (I learned to keep them both attached to me after the two incidents) but the same rule applies. If you are driving through a housing estate, the speed limit is there for a reason.

Bad luck on your ex-colleague to get done twice in 24 hours. But if was speeding twice in 24 hours he did get his just desserts. Not to speak ill of the dead of course.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:10 AM   #294
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Bad luck on your ex-colleague to get done twice in 24 hours. But if was speeding twice in 24 hours he did get his just desserts. Not to speak ill of the dead of course.
You're quite right, Sundae. He said that he 'didn't know that it (the camera) was there.' A somewhat bizarre explanation/excuse as he should have been observing the posted speed limit!

Did I mention that he was employed as a driver?
Carruthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:06 PM   #295
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Went to see the Grandad today.
This is not an unusual occurrence, except that my bro doesn't come, and that I haven't brought my camera before.
I had the camera this time to take photos for the family in Aus. As Mum says, if I hadn't seen my Dad for over ten years his current appearance would come as a shock. So it's only fair to let Jimmy see how things are.

Mum is silly in that she thinks I should have taken the photos on the sly. No. I take photos so often I really don't see the need for subterfuge. Still, she's his daughter, so I took some when he wasn't looking to make her happy. It's probably best to have a selection.

You'll be able to tell the difference between Mum and Steven and Grandad. Although he's not bad for 88.
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2011, 01:07 PM   #296
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

And then out onto the terrace...
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2011, 01:09 PM   #297
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Off with the hat.

Mum was out drinking til 00.15 last night (girlie get-together a a friends')
She says she hasn't had a hangover for over 10 years and felt really rough. Snigger.
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2011, 02:49 PM   #298
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Ha! Your mom is still partying and we don't anymore. Tsk...tsk....You and I need to get together, Sundae. Btw, thanks for all the pictures!
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:54 PM   #299
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Those were perfect!
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:50 AM   #300
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Went into town on the orange bus today.
The stop is about 7 minutes walk, but I needed to go to the cashpoint beforehand, and that's next to the stop.

This route runs on time, and not only that, it has a handy touch screen to let you know when the bus is coming. Nothing like that on the green line that runs closest to my house! They probably don't dare, as the timetable is essentially a work of fiction for that bus.

Check out my nails in the reflection! I used a sparkly grey nailvarnish that one of Mum's friends gave her, but it wasn't very sparkly, so I rolled my nails in very fine glitter. Gives almost a chrome effect. Love it.

Got off at the bus station, at the bottom of the Market Square.
Only a partial market today, so I took a couple of photos of the stalls for you.

Fruit & veg at the bottom of the Square, with the Court buildings behind.
Attached Images

Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote