The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 05-21-2005, 06:37 AM   #31
Griff
still says videotape

Hey Bri, just wanted to jump on the bandwagon. We're the same age and I think its a time of reflection for those of us willing to do it. Its the right time to remove the stuff (or people) from our lives that are hurting us. You've got enough life experience to see stuff clearly and you're young enough to still make major changes. Its probably a good time for list making. What do you really want out of life? What do you value? What is good right now? That sort of thing. Many blessings, you're already moving in the right direction. g
Old 05-21-2005, 08:02 AM   #32
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Again, thank you all. What wonderful people you all are. (sorry--getting maudlin)

Oh, for the file cake---how about chocolate chip cake with chocolate chip frosting?

In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 11:33 AM   #33
Gwennie!
Not Female at Birth

Brianna--

I spent 20 days in Jail last year. See the pic of me getting locked up, below. Yes, Jail really sucks. And while you're in there, it feels like forever. But, I survived. Now, looking back, it doesn't seem like that long after all.

I really hope you don't get locked up. But, if you do, it won't be the end of the world.

The worst part of it was the Corrections Officers harrassing us all the time. They would push our buttons just to try and piss us off. And if you talked back the wrong way, they would "roll you up" - put you in solitary confinement. I was a good girl and just took their abuse. It's all part of the punishment.

If you go, NEVER ask someone "What did you do?" - Ask "What are you in here for?"

The other weird thing, that you won't get, is that some people tell me that I remind them of Martha Stewart in that I'm the only millionaire ex-prisoner that they know. Argh!!!

The main thing is that Jail is over. If I hurt someone (or myself, Wolf) because of my DUI, that would be with me the rest of my life.

Be well.
Attached Images

Last edited by Gwennie!; 05-21-2005 at 11:41 AM.
Gwennie! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 12:01 PM   #34
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Gwen, you look a little like Bette Midler in that pic. Music vid or what?
Old 05-22-2005, 02:13 PM   #35
Gwennie!
Not Female at Birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot
Gwen, you look a little like Bette Midler in that pic. Music vid or what?
No Doubt: It's My Life
Shoot Day: 10/10/11/03

Winner (2004)
VMA Best Pop Video
VMA Best Group Video
'MVPA's Best Rock Video of the Year'
'MVPA's Director of the Year'

Partial video here: https://artsy.net/artist/david-lachapelle

The storyline is that I kill off three husbands, have a trial, and get sent to the gas chamber. Quite fun.
Old 05-22-2005, 04:06 PM   #36
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

I always liked that song, it never occured to me that invloved a triple homicide. I remember the 80's version. talktalk I think it was.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:45 AM   #37
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

NO JAIL! Unless I screw up. Treatment in lieu of conviction. Havta be on best behavior. Could last 5 years....ugh. WAaaaaaaay better than jail time, though. Thanks for the tip, though, Gwennie. Never know when I'll need to use them!!

stupid library computer has sticking keys....but I'm FREE!!!!!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 11:03 AM   #38
glatt

Good.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 11:29 AM   #39
mrnoodle
bent

Came in late on this one. I can't express strongly enough how quickly and completely you need to terminate this relationship. I was the "other man" for 2 years, fell in love, we were going to be together forever, blah blah blah. All the soulmate garbage. Not only was she married (and pretending to me that she was separated but living in the same house because of some immigration thing -- she's German), she was saying all the love stuff to me and simultaneously boffing yet another guy, who she eventually ended up with. Before dumping him and going back to her husband.

Some people just obliterate everyone in their path. Avoid them and you will be happier. It took me 5 years (so far) to recover from the emotional consequences of my choice to fall for that girl.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:04 PM   #40
kerosene
Touring the facilities

Congratulations, Bri! Now, start fresh and take care of you.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 01:52 PM   #41
warch
lurkin old school

Yours is a big project and I wish you well. Youve been around long enough now to get some perspective and clarity. Time to cut through the crap and peg what really, really matters and cement the change.

Professor, no matter how kind, brilliant and sincere, doesnt love you unconditionally, there are conditions all over it. Dont measure yourself against that. Get on your own. Solid. You're worth the effort. Things are looking up and I'm rooting for you, too.
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 01:52 PM   #42
Gwennie!
Not Female at Birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot
I always liked that song, it never occured to me that invloved a triple homicide. I remember the 80's version. talktalk I think it was.
Storylines for Videos are often independent of the song details. Director David LaChapelle's idea was that I would kill off the guys in my band, feeding the usual band breakup speculation. talktalk didn't have that in mind when they wrote it.

Old 05-23-2005, 02:01 PM   #43
Gwennie!
Not Female at Birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
NO JAIL! Unless I screw up. Treatment in lieu of conviction. Havta be on best behavior. Could last 5 years....ugh. WAaaaaaaay better than jail time, though. Thanks for the tip, though, Gwennie. Never know when I'll need to use them!!

stupid library computer has sticking keys....but I'm FREE!!!!!
Ra!

And, you're welcome, but you won't need jail advice, if you stay on the path before you. Don't fret over the 5 years; any treatment starts intense and tapers off in commitment time to allow for regular balanced life.

Progress, Not Perfection.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:37 PM   #44
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwennie!

hahhaha
Old 05-23-2005, 11:43 PM   #45
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Glad to hear it Bri. Probation only sucks when you don't comply with the terms.

I know a lot of decent probation officers. Hope you get one. (Decent means hardassed but fair.)

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote