The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 12-30-2008, 11:17 AM   #3061
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Car repossessed.

Sorry LJ. I fucked up big time. I've been juggling all my bills since losing my job. I thought that particular ball was still up in the air. When I called they said they have to keep it since I'm unemployed and haven't communicated well with them.

Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:18 AM   #3062
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Sorry UT. I've been through that when I was underemployed....but when I gave the car back and they screwed me anyway. garnishment..... on my rinky retail job and my teaching assitant job...then I got this job and did a chapter 7. Had I known about chapter 11 I would have made those loan sharks take their money. Of which I had money just two weeks late.

This new car I bought from some good guys. He said he liked me and never worked harder at securing a car for a person and I had a really good job. I guess that's because my shoes didn't have holes in them. I was sitting with the other 'special loans' people so it's true.

so do not dispair. Things will turn around.

Anyway, I was going to say.....I know there was a thread about this but I couldn't find it.

I use my debit at gas stations. Once a month the charge will drop from my account. I always check my account balance online. I've bought a car so my balance has been low so what do you know? The charge will reappear once I have used the money and I am charged with a 35 dollar overdraft.

THEN I was charged with a continuous od charge of 5 dollars.

I called customer service and said I have only had one other overdraft since October for the very same reason due to the charge at the gas station or the bank dropping the charge. Of course this is my fault for not knowing I have a charge coming through that dosn't show up on my online usage list.

I told the guy I am not intentionally going out and making overdrafts...if he can notice it has been twice and only due to the gas station charges dropping and reappearing once my account is low. This is one day before payday. I said why the 5 dollar charge? He said it means I have left my account overdrawn too long. I said $1 and 18 cents for 24 hours? Yes he says. He sighs. He probably gets alot of complaints like this but it isn't right for banks to drop charges and then resubmit them. I bought gas on the 24th. It looked like it was processed. I bought a coffee on the 24th then on Friday and Saturday my account was ok then yesterday ,Monday I am overdrawn by a dollar and 18 cents. I am annoyed by the way banks earn their money by overdrafting yet make you feel as though you are not a good consumer to take advantage of banking institutions or at least that's the way I feel.

I am trying to beef up my economic standing and those dropped charges don't help much. From now on I'll pay the gas stations in cash.

Last edited by skysidhe; 12-30-2008 at 11:29 AM.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:26 AM   #3063
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

sky---that has happened to me, too. They post and deduct the charge and then DROP it, THEN later, when there's no money, resubmit it. I don't understand this at all---but, of course, it's all about money. Banks are so sneaky and hateful. I go to a credit union now, but they've done the same thing---post it as paid charge, drop it, then repost it. very annoying.

UT--I'm so sorry about the whole car thing. Things are really sucking pretty bad.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:45 AM   #3064
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Thanks bri- my misery loves company.

UT if respect and caring were money you'd be a pretty rich man here.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:16 PM   #3065
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Holy shit UT! Now you don't have a car either. This must be catching like a bad flu.

Damn dammy!! I am going to shake my head. Then I'm going to shake it until life starts to make sense again. This could be awhile. *shakes head*

What Phenomenal horse-pucky.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:19 PM   #3066
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Damn UT - that really suxorz!
Old 12-30-2008, 01:28 PM   #3067
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

UT, I recall you saying you moved to where you are because of your job...any way you can move back toward Center City? You don't need a car around here.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:59 PM   #3068
wolf
lobber of scimitars

UT, that sucks. Sorry to hear things have been so close to the edge for you, man.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:38 PM   #3069
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

No, it's my fault. I can't believe how stupid I was about it. I could have juggled just a little differently. I thought I was juggling just fine -- thought I was getting good at it actually, and then the ball hits me square in the face.

I moved here in 1993. The house is now a sort of nightmare albatross. I can't get a loan from the equity I have in it, because my credit is now, well, I think my rating is into negative numbers. I can't afford to pay for the house even with J, because I don't make enough in unemployment. I get family loans/gifts to pay the mortgage. But I can't move, because A) now four people are dependent on it, B) it would be a terrible time to sell because of the market, C) it would be a terrible time to sell because it needs about $25K in repairs.

So the best recourse is to continue to job hunt and hopefully get a good job and get back on track.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:49 PM   #3070
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Oh shit UT.
I know it means more to be carless in the US, so you have my complete and sincere sympathy.

Nothing I can say except that I understand how these things happen and you know that people come back from worse - I'm confident you will.
And for goodness sake take any help you are offered from people here who are able to offer more than words like me.
You're a good and decent man and although in the wider world that means nothing, it means a hell of a lot here.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:02 PM   #3071
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Yeah, half the art of juggling is a steady line of banter. It gives the audience the feeling that you are relaxed and confident which is contagious.
The bright spot is with so many people in a bind now, in the future any blemishes on your credit rating will be forgiven more readily.

You're right though, getting a job looks like a better prospect than hitting the lottery, or finding a cure for cancer in the kitchen sink. This is another bump in the road. Your woman loves you, your dog loves you, we love you, you'll be ok.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:03 PM   #3072
Flint
Snowflake

Sorry, UT. What's ironic, about the car thing, is that technically there is hardly ever something you actually need to physically go in to an office for; maybe to reboot a server or something. Regarding the being stuck in a house that needs thousand$ in repair, yeah. I know what that feels like. Hope you find something soon, horse dogg maniac.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:08 PM   #3073
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Your woman loves you, your dog loves you, we love you, you'll be ok.
Spot on. You'll grind it out brother.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:45 PM   #3074
kerosene
Touring the facilities

I am sorry, UT. What a blister! But, don't be too upset with yourself over it. You have had a lot to juggle, lately, and there are only so many balls that can stay in the air at a time...be proud that you are able to keep some of them up.

There is always a way. we have been in bad bad credit situations and still been able to buy a car, one way or another. I am sure a solution will present itself. Chin up, friend.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:08 PM   #3075
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Wow, that sucks UT. You have my sympathies. Hope you get mobile again soon.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
swiss